gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 04:07:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2015  (Read 393885 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: January 10, 2015, 09:16:32 PM »

Good.  So now go touch dicks with Runnersdialzero and give him a hug like he wants.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 11, 2015, 01:26:44 AM »

Because I can read words and it's obvious "You know you're not" is a response to Andrew asking "Am I missing something here," you BUTTKNOCKER.

No homophobic terms please  Cry

Erm, I didn't. Cry

Apologies if I misunderstood

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: January 11, 2015, 02:31:27 AM »

So what's the penalty for adding to my original post, and then not revising it back afterwards ? No way is this accidental in the second instance. Not amused.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: January 11, 2015, 09:14:48 AM »

The issue of copying, quoting, and altering the wording of posts was addressed in another thread, bottom line: Don't do it. Sometimes it's done for laughs or with a sense of humor, but from here on out it will not be allowed at all, even in jest.

As far as the other issues...it needs to stop, all of it. I tried to play it cool, since most involved are more than familiar with the way the board rules work, but at this point if there are issues lingering, take them to PM and keep it off the board/thread. Some of the comments were out of line, if it keeps up the usual actions will be taken.

So much for hugging it out, right?  Roll Eyes

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: January 11, 2015, 11:57:21 PM »

From what I've read now, M&B seem to be one of the best Beach Boys tribute bands around! Roll Eyes

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 12, 2015, 08:19:30 AM »

From what I've read now, M&B seem to be one of the best Beach Boys tribute bands around! Roll Eyes

I hear Brian Wilson has a pretty good one too!...  Wink

Before this gets out of hand.....how many bands from the 60's and 70's (regardless of lineup) have NOT become tribute bands of themselves?

It's a nearly inevitable fate.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 12, 2015, 09:31:37 AM »

The C50 was the best BBs' tribute band.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Gohi
« Reply #532 on: January 12, 2015, 01:40:54 PM »

I know it's just a 30 second clip...but I think we can take a lot from it!

First off, I think it further solidifies the report that Mike has a cold which seems totally evident...as is his reading of the lyrics on the floor...

Secondly, Bruce sounds GREAT! I like having the lead vocal split between them.

Hopefully this makes a return sometime soon...if they come close enough for me this year, this would surely be a highlight of the evening. The only real complaint (if you wanna call it that) is the band doesn't seem too into it...except Scott & John, as usual. Foskett looks incredibly bored...
COMMENT ---  He's not looking at lyrics (as if he needs them) on the floor, he's looking at the first three rows of people. It's a small venue. The only thing posted on the floor is the playlist.  The band may look bored to you, but remember this is the last song of the show. They've been singing and dancing around for two hours before you see this snip of time.
I would also comment that the sound is a direct feed. When you add in the acoustics of the hall (reverb and such) the sound will fill out and fill in.  Listen to the crowd reaction.  After the first short clip follows a three minute segment.
 ~swd
There are plenty of MUCH younger performers who need to use lyrics while performing live. It's not a slight, Mr. Desper.
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 12, 2015, 09:54:40 PM »

Back on topic if you believe the updates On Setlist.com, Mike and Bruce have already performed 50 different songs through 8 shows!!!! Still no All I Wanna Do though, even if they do that it'll probably take a while to get right. I'm still waiting for Pom Pom Play Girl or Farmer's Daughter which sounded great at the Soundcheck I attended last summer.

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/the-beach-boys-3d6c17b.html?tour=2015+Tour
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: January 12, 2015, 11:41:54 PM »

Realistically, I don't see "AIWD" being premiered at the Hooterville State Fair & Rodeo. RAH, anyone ?  Grin

D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 13, 2015, 02:11:42 AM »

More UK dates announced via Ticketmaster - Manchester, Brighton, Cardiff ! :

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/The-Beach-Boys-tickets/artist/734518?adbid=554942199398289408&adbpl=tw&adbpr=47973638&c=social_20150113_38670447&camefrom=UK_TWIT_WP_Beach_Boys_120115
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 13, 2015, 03:56:17 AM »

Damn. I'd be up for Manchester if I wasn't so broke I'm risking eviction. Always wanted to see the M&B show and see how it holds up objectively as a BB experience.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 13, 2015, 06:08:45 AM »

Also Sheffield, extra RAH date (really!), Birmingham. Biggest  UK tour in a while?

“We live in divisive times.”
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 13, 2015, 06:12:58 AM »

A trip over to Ireland would be much appreciated.

I'm pretty starved of Brian/BB's shows. It's been 6 months since my last one  Cry

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: January 13, 2015, 06:32:40 AM »

So let's say that Mike and the Boys want to add in a song like 'All I Wanna Do'.  It will likely need some type of inclusional video material to roll on the BIG screen behind them...so that would have to be prepared and editted into the 'program' right?

AND...they would collectively have to sit down and figure out how they want to do it and then practice, Practice, PRACTICE 'til they get it...'just so'..  When and where do they do that?  At sound checks?  In a hotel room?  [voices only?]  At some room set aside for workin' on stuff during the tour...like on a day off?  Back home at pre-determined practice sessions during down time?

Those of you who know?  How do they work in new tunes when they're playing somewhere as often as they do?  Huh?  Please?  Do tell!!! Cool Guy

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: January 13, 2015, 07:19:25 AM »

Apparently. Looks like Sat. May 30th is sold out. But there are still tickets available for the 31st.

Not sure my agenda allows me to go that day... who else is going btw?

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 13, 2015, 07:28:16 AM »

Also Sheffield, extra RAH date (really!), Birmingham. Biggest  UK tour in a while?

Will be adding Sheffield and Manchester to my already crowded gig itinerary for late May, which already includes the 2nd night at RAH. Double-booked for the 28th but I'll be damned if I'll miss the BB's in my second hometown (sorry Hozier, maybe some other time).
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:31:43 AM by MaxL » Logged
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 13, 2015, 08:11:57 AM »

Hmmmm. How much are the RAH tickets? I'm tempted...

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 13, 2015, 10:07:28 AM »

Apparently. Looks like Sat. May 30th is sold out. But there are still tickets available for the 31st.

The Saturday show is the new one.  Not sure tickets are available anywhere yet.  Stargreen says they go on sale on Friday.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #544 on: January 13, 2015, 10:21:30 AM »

I just dropped a post into the 'what are you listening to now' thread in the General Music Discussion section regarding The Rip Chords' 'Three Window Coupe' long player.  It struck me that it really isn't OFF topic.  As a matter of fact I would contend that the Beach Boys...especially as represented by Mike and Bruce could and should incorporate Hey Little Cobra, Three Window Coupe and One Piece Topless Bathing Suit into their set...as a 'mini set' and tip of the HAT to Bruce's legitimacy and credentials.

"The whole thing started back in '63...with Jan And Dean, The Beach Boys and Me." ...Hot Rod U S A.

Indeed...it did.

Sometimes, myself included, I think we sometimes write Bruce off without justification.  50 years since he officially arrived for live...and unofficially for recording.  Bruce is absolutely a Beach Boy.  And as a guy singin' about surfin' and cars and the California 'myth'...he's one of the originals too. Cool Guy

In addition...He's a pretty good fella as well.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:30:28 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 13, 2015, 10:55:47 AM »

The Saturday show is the new one.  Not sure tickets are available anywhere yet.  Stargreen says they go on sale on Friday.

Ah, good to know. Thanks !

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #546 on: January 13, 2015, 02:46:12 PM »

I just dropped a post into the 'what are you listening to now' thread in the General Music Discussion section regarding The Rip Chords' 'Three Window Coupe' long player.  It struck me that it really isn't OFF topic.  As a matter of fact I would contend that the Beach Boys...especially as represented by Mike and Bruce could and should incorporate Hey Little Cobra, Three Window Coupe and One Piece Topless Bathing Suit into their set...as a 'mini set' and tip of the HAT to Bruce's legitimacy and credentials.

"The whole thing started back in '63...with Jan And Dean, The Beach Boys and Me." ...Hot Rod U S A.

Indeed...it did.

Sometimes, myself included, I think we sometimes write Bruce off without justification.  50 years since he officially arrived for live...and unofficially for recording.  Bruce is absolutely a Beach Boy.  And as a guy singin' about surfin' and cars and the California 'myth'...he's one of the originals too. Cool Guy

In addition...He's a pretty good fella as well.

They've done "Hey Little Cobra" at least once...

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: January 13, 2015, 03:01:03 PM »

Since spring 2008.

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 13, 2015, 04:22:01 PM »

People are *always* out to discredit people who weren't there the very second a band started playing together. "He's not even an original member!" It's total macho rawk n roll bullshit. The fact that he dares to tour with the evil Myk Luhv, who tried to cancel Pet Sounds and sMiLe and stuff, obviously doesn't help his case with these people.

I'm referring mostly to people I've seen talk about the Beach Boys off these boards, by the way - no one here that I can think of. Your post was spot on, though.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: January 15, 2015, 02:01:07 AM »

Another date:

June 6th - Sverresborg Arena, Trondheim, Norway

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 75 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx