gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:48:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2015  (Read 391014 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 04, 2015, 10:41:07 PM »

"In addition to permanent members Mike Love, guitarist Jeffrey Foskett and singer-keyboardist Bruce Johnston, the Beach Boys' touring lineup includes bassist Randell Kirsch, keyboardist Tim Bonhomme, drummer John Cowsill and guitarist Scott Totten. Though not on the road, Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and guitarist David Marks remain members of the Beach Boys."

This in bold must be news to Randell and Ike.

I'm not even touching that last line.

Is that the first documented instance of Jeff being officially called a permanent band member and not a touring member?  Is that "official" status, like Blondie or Ricky?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 04, 2015, 10:56:01 PM »

I hadn't noticed that. Jeff gets a billing before Bruce too.

(apparently the only 'singer' is Bruce.)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #927 on: May 04, 2015, 10:57:50 PM »

"In addition to permanent members Mike Love, guitarist Jeffrey Foskett and singer-keyboardist Bruce Johnston, the Beach Boys' touring lineup includes bassist Randell Kirsch, keyboardist Tim Bonhomme, drummer John Cowsill and guitarist Scott Totten. Though not on the road, Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and guitarist David Marks remain members of the Beach Boys."

Is that the first documented instance of Jeff being officially called a permanent band member and not a touring member?  Is that "official" status, like Blondie or Ricky?

Maybe I will touch that last line anyway.

To answer that, here is the ranking suggested by that paragraph:

Permanent members: Mike, Jeffrey, and Bruce

Touring members: Randell, Tim, John, and Scott

Members: Brian, Al, and David

Unknown/unnamed status: "Ike", Blondie, Ricky, et al.

I hope that clears it up.  Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 04, 2015, 11:01:44 PM »

I don't know why it doesn't say "singer Mike Love" or "singer/tambourinist Mike Love"; all other permanent members get a little description of their onstage duties in this blurb.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #929 on: May 04, 2015, 11:22:47 PM »

Is that the first documented instance of Jeff being officially called a permanent band member and not a touring member?  Is that "official" status, like Blondie or Ricky?

I don't know why it doesn't say "singer Mike Love" or "singer/tambourinist Mike Love"; all other permanent members get a little description of their onstage duties in this blurb.

Beyond that, the blurb gives Randell an onstage duty he no longer has, and fails to mention the bassist who actually took over said duty!

Now that's solid journalism...info.  LOL

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: May 06, 2015, 02:27:53 PM »

Not sure if its been mentioned yet but for any Aussies and Kiwis it looks like a tour later this year.

"We keep getting offers. Later in the month, we're going to Great Britain. Later on in the year, we're going to Australia and New Zealand."

http://www.fsunews.com/story/life/2015/05/06/beach-boys-tallahassee/70896652/
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 06, 2015, 06:07:28 PM »

I read the article about the Beachboys playing Charleston Wv in a local paper.     didn't buy tickets yet but probably will since that is an hours drive and I drove to N ashville in March to see them.    BUT HEY!   this is an expanded band with JF as a permanent member with billing second only to Mike, AND featuring (apparently) both Randall and Ike.   AND since Brian and Al are not on the road,   I should really take the opportunity to see the Beach Boys!   wonder where I can catch Blondie ?  Perhaps with the Rolling Stones?      and where the hell is David ?    and when does this musical chairs group of musicians rehearse?    Perhaps in Charleston WV.     The vocal blend already changed with JF and now yet another vocalist?  I liked the Band as it was before Jeff.   They were to me, the best BB road band since Carl Wilson died.   This whole thing is starting to rub me the wrong way.    Again.
KDS
« Reply #932 on: May 06, 2015, 07:09:44 PM »

I read the article about the Beachboys playing Charleston Wv in a local paper.     didn't buy tickets yet but probably will since that is an hours drive and I drove to N ashville in March to see them.    BUT HEY!   this is an expanded band with JF as a permanent member with billing second only to Mike, AND featuring (apparently) both Randall and Ike.   AND since Brian and Al are not on the road,   I should really take the opportunity to see the Beach Boys!   wonder where I can catch Blondie ?  Perhaps with the Rolling Stones?      and where the hell is David ?    and when does this musical chairs group of musicians rehearse?    Perhaps in Charleston WV.     The vocal blend already changed with JF and now yet another vocalist?  I liked the Band as it was before Jeff.   They were to me, the best BB road band since Carl Wilson died.   This whole thing is starting to rub me the wrong way.    Again.

Not sure if you heard the news, but Brian and Al are touring with Blondie June - July. 

As for David, according to his site, he's playing some shows with The Beach Boys until early June.  No word yet if he'll be with them beyond that. 
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #933 on: May 07, 2015, 04:52:48 AM »

Perhaps we...who pride ourselves on our Beach Boys expertise...completely LOSE SIGHT of what 'it' all means to the casual fans and the general public...especially those who've never really had the chance to catch the group live...EVER.

Where I now live the Beach Boys are coming to play in early August.  There are over 100,000 people within 25 minutes of the venue...well over 2/3 of a million within an hour.  The announcement of tickets going on sale was made yesterday.  It's the lead story on the news this morning.  Organizers are being interviewed.  People are clamoring for tickets.  It'll be sold out...and then some.  The point is...IT'S *B I G*.

A Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame band in OUR area?  Are you kidding!!!!!  The Rotary Club is doing this show as their HUGE fund raiser for the year.  Mike was up here last November as the guest speaker at their annual Rotary Banquet and signed on to do the concert which they announced would happen THAT night.  We sit here at SS and take our shots and point out all of the shortcomings of these less than perfect [imagine the odds?] human beings...and we do it with FLAIR.  [or is that with flares?]  Meanwhile...the rest of the world is just PUMPED to see and hear the Beach Boys play and sing those glorious songs live and in concert.  Really?  That's all that matters.

[and I get to see Brian, Al, Blondie and the gang in Detroit in July too?  Pinch me.]

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
KDS
« Reply #934 on: May 07, 2015, 05:18:45 AM »

Glad to hear that The Beach Boys are still a big deal. 

In 2013, The Mike & Bruce Beach Boys played Baltimore.  And it hardly made a blip in the radar.  Although that was just a year after the reunion lineup came to town. 

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #935 on: May 07, 2015, 11:04:06 AM »

Not sure if you heard the news, but Brian and Al are touring with Blondie June - July.  

So, then they will be on the road and that makes them The Beach Boys  Air Quotes  ? The statement says they are members of the Beach Boys but not on the road. So....

Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:49:09 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 07, 2015, 02:12:23 PM »

In 2013, The Mike & Bruce Beach Boys played Baltimore.  And it hardly made a blip in the radar.  Although that was just a year after the reunion lineup came to town. 

It had news coverage the day of...but it was a bigger deal when they came with Stamos in 2010.....
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 07, 2015, 06:30:21 PM »

As for David, according to his site, he's playing some shows with The Beach Boys until early June.  No word yet if he'll be with them beyond that. 

guess I need to find the tongue in cheek emoticon for when I make a post like that Roll Eyes
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 07, 2015, 07:07:10 PM »

Everyone knows Bruce is myKe's doormat with shorts.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #939 on: May 08, 2015, 05:51:54 AM »

Found this on the official Beach Boys site:

http://www.thebeachboys.com/#go_page_2600

“The Beach Boys Sing Onstage Contest”

http://www.jaxsymphony.org/contents/the-beach-boys-sing-onstage-contest.html

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 08, 2015, 06:11:26 AM »

Found this on the official Beach Boys site:

http://www.thebeachboys.com/#go_page_2600

“The Beach Boys Sing Onstage Contest”

http://www.jaxsymphony.org/contents/the-beach-boys-sing-onstage-contest.html

Sounds like a desperate attempt to unload a lot of unsold tickets...

I've seen Chicago twice and always appreciated that they auction off the chance to sing "If You Leave Me Now". The proceeds go to one of the Cancer funds out there, and the singer usually has a blast...even though they always suck  LOL
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 08, 2015, 06:33:21 AM »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 08, 2015, 07:05:18 AM »

Think it could be alphabetical after Mike's name?

F is before J.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 07:08:38 AM by filledeplage » Logged
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 08, 2015, 07:10:03 AM »

Think it could be alphabetical after Mike's name?

F is before J.

And, "last name on a political ballot" is always a coveted position.  It still catches the eye.  Wink
Sorry double post.  The ipad won't let me get rid of it...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 07:11:15 AM by filledeplage » Logged
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 11, 2015, 03:51:50 AM »

I know it's been asked before too, but who's going to see the RAH-gigs? Have you got your tickets yet on mail? It's not many weeks away anymore and I've received anything yet.
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: May 11, 2015, 09:08:40 AM »

I called Stargreen.  They said they're sending them out two weeks before the shows.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 11, 2015, 09:19:39 AM »

anybody have an opinion on how john and Ike are coming together as a rhythm section?  How about the vocal harmony changes?
KDS
« Reply #947 on: May 11, 2015, 09:23:39 AM »

It had news coverage the day of...but it was a bigger deal when they came with Stamos in 2010.....

That's pretty sad. 

I remember The Beach Boys were a much bigger deal in Ocean City, MD when they headlined the 2013 Sunfest, and their performance was sold out. 
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 11, 2015, 10:06:51 AM »

That's pretty sad. 

I remember The Beach Boys were a much bigger deal in Ocean City, MD when they headlined the 2013 Sunfest, and their performance was sold out. 

Yes, I was there as well...and the frederick fair the day before. OC was a blast...Frederick was dead. I was yelled at early on by old farts behind us to sit down so I did, then on "Do You Wanna Dance" my girlfriend and I got up to oh I dunno....freakin' DANCE and they yelled at us again...I got pissed and left. We could hear and see the rest of the concert from my car in the field right behind the stage...
KDS
« Reply #949 on: May 11, 2015, 10:15:00 AM »

I didn't even know about the show in Frederick. 

I kinda kick myself for not seeing them in Balimore or OC.  But in 2013, I was reluctant to spend money on the Mike and Bruce version of the group after seeing the full reunion lineup the year prior. 

Now, I've decided to take it for what it is, and I'll be seeing Mike and Bruce at Wolf Trap in August.  The addition of Jeff Foskett to the band did help sway my decision a bit. 

That's pretty sad. 

Yes, I was there as well...and the frederick fair the day before. OC was a blast...Frederick was dead. I was yelled at early on by old farts behind us to sit down so I did, then on "Do You Wanna Dance" my girlfriend and I got up to oh I dunno....freakin' DANCE and they yelled at us again...I got pissed and left. We could hear and see the rest of the concert from my car in the field right behind the stage...
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 75 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx