gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680839 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 06:55:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2015  (Read 393652 times)
Nicko1234
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2014, 01:07:12 AM »

OK, been in contact with Mike's promo people and the issues will be addressed asap. The ads should be "50 years of Fun Fun Fun", so I'm guessing someone googled that and used the first image they got.

And then we'll have world peace, but probably without candy bars.

Well perhaps point out that  FFF was 1964 and was a 50th 2014 theme. They need a 1965 song surely.

I think we`re all expecting California Girls to be announced before too long.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2014, 02:40:10 AM »

I said $150.00 a ticket.    For a basic Bb road band show.     Or did I miss something.   

Why don't you get one of the $60 tickets you mentioned were available?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2014, 03:47:08 AM »

50 Years of I'm Bugged at my old man :D

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2014, 04:56:19 AM »

In 2027 they'll do yet another short-lived reunion celebrating 50 years of Ding Dang. Can't wait. Joe Thomas is going to make sure the song, in its new concert rendition, will have a sexy Sade-like feel.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2014, 07:55:16 AM »

50 Years of I'm Bugged at my old man :D

"20 Years Of Summer Of Love"

"47 Years Of Bruce"
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2014, 08:04:18 AM »

I posted earlier about attending the show at the Ryman in Nashville March 22 (on a Sunday night).  I just looked at tickets direct from the ryman.  $150.00 to $60.00.  The  most expensive tickets listed for the entire upcoming first half of the Ryman season for 2015.   Twice what the best seats cost for WILLIE NELSON at THE Ryman!!!    This should come with The entire reunion lineup for this price ...........somebody understand what is going on here?  I normally don't bitch about shelling out some bucks for a favorite act, especially one of my favorite acts.    but this??

You should get in touch with Nicko1234, he seems to know where to score the good prices on these tickets.  LOL

Care to tell me where I`ve ever stated that Mike and Bruce never play expensive shows?

And also, sorry to break it to you, but there are many tickets right in front of the stage for that show available for $65. The most expensive tickets include soundchecks and Club Kokomo experiences.

Sorry if that fails to fit your agenda.  Wink

Not my agenda if a fan posts that the tickets he wanted to buy for the Ryman were the most expensive listed for the entire first half season of concerts at the Ryman. I'm not traveling to Nashville to see the show.

I just thought since you've been posting so much info about how affordable the tickets are, maybe you have another channel to help a fellow fan get these deals which you've posted here and in other threads whenever ticket prices come up in a topic. If you can't help score a better deal or aren't in the ticket-brokering business, what's the agenda in trying to inform someone who just shopped for these seats personally of how these prices came to be, short of explaining the differences in price?

What does it matter to you if a fan posts that the tickets are expensive, and what does mentioning VIP packages or Club Kokomo have to do with a fan trying to buy tickets and finding them the most expensive on the upcoming schedule of shows?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2014, 08:36:42 AM »

Andrew, I try to remain impartial in all of this, but people like you make it difficult.  As SB just pointed out, just a couple of days ago you had this to say about a *perceived* inaccuracy:

"Now, because I'm a picky SOB, if I'd been daft enough to fly over and make the gig, I'd be suing the collective ass of the venue for lying in the write up. Tracks from his new album ? I don't see any. Do you ?

False advertising, sirrah. False advertising, and I will have satisfaction."

Quite a rant, suing, lying false advertising, etc.  But that was about a Brian Wilson show.  Now that it is a Mike Love show, no big deal, it happens...and Mike is an angel, he will take care of it in short order.  As you seem to be the primary defender of Mike on the board, the double standard makes it tough to take seriously.

Different situations - the Brian thing was me being an ass and going off on one over the wrong gig, which I admitted and apologised for (and for which I was rightly ragged in PMs... and note, I didn't ream Brian's people a new one for false advertising, but the venue)... the M&B thing is the usual suspects here straining to find something new bad to say today. Yes, the adverts are misrepresentative, but I know how BRI M&B promo works, and this is down to the venue, and will be rectified soon, as will any other such incidents if brought to their attention. Again, approved promo material is sent to the venue, which includes non-C50 photos. If someone deviates from that, that's down to them, not BRI.

So, thanks for finding these things and posting them here, as it makes it much easier to fix them.  Grin

Andrew, that's good it's being fixed. I chimed in because it seemed unusual to have a specific tour now over two years old still showing up and being used for promoting concerts scheduled for 2015. Something in the process was either broken or wasn't being done to correctly promote those shows, hopefully it will be fixed from this point onward, benefit all around.

That one contract page which Smoking Gun had posted seemed to suggest such advertising/promotional material had to be approved prior to it being released by the "purchaser" as named in the contract (purchaser covering all those contracting the band to play the show, I assume), so there seemed to be a disconnect between that contract and what was going on with these mislabeled show ads and related photos and other materials. I'm assuming that element of the contract would still be in effect in a current agreement, it's pretty standard in concert promotions and booking in general to give the management and production of the act control over the names and imagery used to promote their shows, so I think it's a question of what is happening to have these continuing to slip through the cracks, especially if it is in a contract agreement?

Side note: Just to remove any doubt, that page linked to in this thread on Smoking Gun is something from the post-Carl touring era, more relevant to the present structure than "25 years old" or whatever some were suggesting. Those saying otherwise are not correct, or perhaps aren't aware of the various elements in that contract. But just to clarify/confirm, a contract with that specific wording would not have existed when Carl was still touring with the band. Which is why it was relevant to those asking how these billings were continuing to happen.

Side note 2: I checked out the Ryman press release at the link, and this stood out "In 1974 Mike Love’s concept album Endless Summer ignited a second generation of Beach Boys fans and stirred a tempest that rocked the music world."

I had assumed (based a lot on what Mike described in his 1992 Goldmine interview) that Capitol had the collection ready to release as "Greatest Hits" volume whatever, as the Beach Boys were signed to Reprise at that time. Then Mike suggested they call it "Endless Summer", which paid off for all involved. But I'm curious how a Capitol plan to release another Greatest Hits followed by a title change suggested by Mike is reported as Mike's concept album, is there more to the story? The concept was already in place (greatest hits) at Capitol, Mike offered the name, I'm wondering how that gets reported as his concept album?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
VanDykeParksAndRec
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2014, 08:55:11 AM »

Hopefully this gets straightened out as quick as the Wrecking Crew's BB's session mess ups.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2014, 09:29:12 AM »

I said $150.00 a ticket.    For a basic Bb road band show.     Or did I miss something.   

I could.  Or I could afford the 150 if I wished.   Point is, I've seen the band in similar venues all over the country and had good seats for never more than half that.  I'm not sure what has driven the price up.  I am well aware of the cost of buying from professional online scalpers which I avoid by dealing as directly with the venue as possible.  Is the addition of Jeffrey Foskett worth paying twice the price?  I see no other difference in the shows or other members participating in this tour.  Maybe Jeff AND Alan.  If memory serves, the reunion show I saw in Pittsburgh, with good seats, cost less than this.  The cheap seats at the Ryman are way back, binocular back.  I guess it just strikes me as not worth it given the overall expense of the trip.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2014, 10:43:30 AM »

Andrew, I try to remain impartial in all of this, but people like you make it difficult.  As SB just pointed out, just a couple of days ago you had this to say about a *perceived* inaccuracy:

"Now, because I'm a picky SOB, if I'd been daft enough to fly over and make the gig, I'd be suing the collective ass of the venue for lying in the write up. Tracks from his new album ? I don't see any. Do you ?

Quite a rant, suing, lying false advertising, etc.  But that was about a Brian Wilson show.  Now that it is a Mike Love show, no big deal, it happens...and Mike is an angel, he will take care of it in short order.  As you seem to be the primary defender of Mike on the board, the double standard makes it tough to take seriously.

Different situations - the Brian thing was me being an ass and going off on one over the wrong gig, which I admitted and apologised for (and for which I was rightly ragged in PMs... and note, I didn't ream Brian's people a new one for false advertising, but the venue)... the M&B thing is the usual suspects here straining to find something new bad to say today. Yes, the adverts are misrepresentative, but I know how BRI M&B promo works, and this is down to the venue, and will be rectified soon, as will any other such incidents if brought to their attention. Again, approved promo material is sent to the venue, which includes non-C50 photos. If someone deviates from that, that's down to them, not BRI.

So, thanks for finding these things and posting them here, as it makes it much easier to fix them.  Grin

Andrew, that's good it's being fixed. I chimed in because it seemed unusual to have a specific tour now over two years old still showing up and being used for promoting concerts scheduled for 2015. Something in the process was either broken or wasn't being done to correctly promote those shows, hopefully it will be fixed from this point onward, benefit all around.

That one contract page which Smoking Gun had posted seemed to suggest such advertising/promotional material had to be approved prior to it being released by the "purchaser" as named in the contract (purchaser covering all those contracting the band to play the show, I assume), so there seemed to be a disconnect between that contract and what was going on with these mislabeled show ads and related photos and other materials. I'm assuming that element of the contract would still be in effect in a current agreement, it's pretty standard in concert promotions and booking in general to give the management and production of the act control over the names and imagery used to promote their shows, so I think it's a question of what is happening to have these continuing to slip through the cracks, especially if it is in a contract agreement?

Side note: Just to remove any doubt, that page linked to in this thread on Smoking Gun is something from the post-Carl touring era, more relevant to the present structure than "25 years old" or whatever some were suggesting. Those saying otherwise are not correct, or perhaps aren't aware of the various elements in that contract. But just to clarify/confirm, a contract with that specific wording would not have existed when Carl was still touring with the band. Which is why it was relevant to those asking how these billings were continuing to happen.

Side note 2: I checked out the Ryman press release at the link, and this stood out "In 1974 Mike Love’s concept album Endless Summer ignited a second generation of Beach Boys fans and stirred a tempest that rocked the music world."

I had assumed (based a lot on what Mike described in his 1992 Goldmine interview) that Capitol had the collection ready to release as "Greatest Hits" volume whatever, as the Beach Boys were signed to Reprise at that time. Then Mike suggested they call it "Endless Summer", which paid off for all involved. But I'm curious how a Capitol plan to release another Greatest Hits followed by a title change suggested by Mike is reported as Mike's concept album, is there more to the story? The concept was already in place (greatest hits) at Capitol, Mike offered the name, I'm wondering how that gets reported as his concept album?

Is there any possible limit to Mike related nitpicking?

Sure, calling Endless Summer a concept album might be a stretch, but the concept is somewhat there in that the album has a "title" beyond "Greatest Hits" which suggests a feeling/ethos/lifestyle (and a demonstratably powerful one, at that) which the music, split into 4 conceptual sides, "surf, cars, girls" etc, compliments.... No one said it was the next Tommy or anything.

I think GF needs to be put into 24/7 "Landy-style" care running up to (and beyond) Mike's book release.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:46:36 AM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2014, 10:44:15 AM »

I could.  Or I could afford the 150 if I wished.   Point is, I've seen the band in similar venues all over the country and had good seats for never more than half that.  I'm not sure what has driven the price up.  I am well aware of the cost of buying from professional online scalpers which I avoid by dealing as directly with the venue as possible.  Is the addition of Jeffrey Foskett worth paying twice the price?  I see no other difference in the shows or other members participating in this tour.  Maybe Jeff AND Alan.  If memory serves, the reunion show I saw in Pittsburgh, with good seats, cost less than this.  The cheap seats at the Ryman are way back, binocular back.  I guess it just strikes me as not worth it given the overall expense of the trip.

Have you asked the venue why the price is what it is?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:52:34 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2014, 10:47:21 AM »

So, thanks for finding these things and posting them here, as it makes it much easier to fix them.  Grin

If the smoking gun contract is still in force perhaps it shows that not all purchasers honor their contract. Someone should contact these purchasers and ask them if they honored their contract.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2014, 10:49:58 AM »

I think GF needs to be put into 24/7 "Landy-style" care running up to (and beyond) Mike's book release.

Seriously?Huh, GF is one of the best posters on the board!

Calling endless summer a concept album is ML bullshit at its finest!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2014, 10:55:34 AM »

Seriously?Huh, GF is one of the best posters on the board!

Calling endless summer a concept album is ML bullshit at its finest!

"Bullshit" that certainly paid off at the bank. I've yet to hear Brian complain about it.

And yes, for GF's own safety! He'll likely be found running naked down Mt. Vernon/Fairway carrying a flaming turban and shooting holes in as many copies of Looking Back With Love that he can snag off e-bay!

But seriously, you can find major fault with a guy simply because he suggested a greatest hits album have a unique title??? Really? Really?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:59:01 AM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2014, 10:57:52 AM »

Since Mike has publicly laid out that he nor the group had input as to the album beyond his suggestion of a title, who or what is it we are wondering about again?

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2014, 11:00:07 AM »

Since Mike has publicly laid out that he nor the group had input as to the album beyond his suggestion of a title, who or what is it we are wondering about again?

We're wondering about new and fetish-feeding ways to bash our biggest celebrity guilty crush
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2014, 11:09:24 AM »

We're wondering about new and fetish-feeding ways to bash our biggest celebrity guilty crush
Mike is your crush since you want the SIP album  on 180-gram virgin vinyl.....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2014, 11:11:32 AM »

Mike is your crush since you want the SIP album  on 180-gram virgin vinyl.....

You selling a copy?Huh Wink

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2014, 12:18:19 PM »

We're wondering why Mike took credit for Endless Summer being his concept album even though you just alluded to the fact all he contributed was a title.

For instance, on his Beach Boys page in 2002, this was actually posted. I sh*t you not...

You can capsulize most pop music acts by reciting how many hits they've had and how many millions of albums they've sold. But these conventional measurements fall short when you're assessing the impact of The Beach Boys. To be sure, this band has birthed a torrent of hit singles and sold albums by the tens of millions. But its greater significance lies in the fact that it changed the musical landscape so profoundly that every pop act since has been in its debt.

Happily for us all, The Beach Boys continue to create and perform with the same bold imagination and style that marked their explosive debut 40 years ago.

Even more than the Beatles, The Beach Boys found through their music the key to unfading youth-and they made copies for everyone. To these guys, the beach isn't just a place where the surf comes to play - it's where life is renewed and made whole again.

Captained by the ageless Mike Love - who dubs himself "the hardest working man in Surf City" - The Beach Boys played an astoundingly busy schedule of concerts in 2002, ranging from their triumphal February appearance at the Winter Olympics to a gala New Year's bash at the posh Honolulu Hilton. Between engagements, they've been writing, arranging, rehearsing and preparing for a new album due out in 2003 based on their international success story. In 1974 Mike Love's concept album Endless Summer ignited a second generation of Beach Boys fans and stirred a comeback that rocked the music world.

Had this remarkable band been less committed to its art and its fans, it could have retired from the field with honor at dozens of points along the way, confident that it had made a lasting contribution to world culture. It could have rested on the success of the epoch-shifting Pet Sounds masterpiece in 1966... or after recording Love's co-written "Kokomo" in 1988 and seeing it become its best selling single ever... or after being inducted that same year into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... or after watching its worldwide album sales blow past l00 million... or after winning a Lifetime Achievement Grammy® in 2001. Instead, the gallant crew sails on.

Few, if any, acts can match The Beach Boys' concert presence, spirit and performance. They were center-stage at Live Aid, various Farm Aids, the Statue of Liberty's 100th Anniversary Salute, the Super Bowl and the White House. On one day alone - July 4, 1985 - they played to nearly 2 million enthusiasts at shows in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.

Love's role as the band's frontman sometimes overshadows his stature as one of rock's foremost songwriters. "Surfin'," The Beach Boys' first hit came from his pen. With his cousin, Brian Wilson, Love wrote the classics "Fun, Fun, Fun," "I Get Around," "Help Me Rhonda," "California Girls" and "Good Vibrations." Years later, he showed he still had the lyrical chops by co-writing the irresistible and chart-topping "Kokomo."

On The Beach Boys' near horizon are another national/world tour, a new album from Capitol Records complete with full promotional muscle and continued charity activities through Mike Love's Love Foundation, which supports national environmental and educational initiatives.

In addition to founding Beach Boy Mike Love (lead vocals), the newest incarnation of the band also includes 40-year Beach Boy-vet Bruce Johnston (vocals/keyboards), Mike Kowalski (drums), Adrian Baker (guitar/vocals), Chris Farmer (bass/vocals), Tim Bonhomme (keyboards/vocals), John Cowsill of The Cowsills (keyboards/vocals/percussion) and Scott Totten (guitar/vocals).

That is real. And as you see, that was a Mike Love approved statement of how Endless Summer is his concept album. Besides the utter ridiculousness of this bio in the first place, it's just wrong that he would take credit for something that even you, his biggest apologist, admits isn't true.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2014, 12:25:30 PM »

We're wondering why Mike took credit for Endless Summer being his concept album even though you just alluded to the fact all he contributed was a title.

For instance, on his Beach Boys page in 2002, this was actually posted. I sh*t you not...

You can capsulize most pop music acts by reciting how many hits they've had and how many millions of albums they've sold. But these conventional measurements fall short when you're assessing the impact of The Beach Boys. To be sure, this band has birthed a torrent of hit singles and sold albums by the tens of millions. But its greater significance lies in the fact that it changed the musical landscape so profoundly that every pop act since has been in its debt.

Happily for us all, The Beach Boys continue to create and perform with the same bold imagination and style that marked their explosive debut 40 years ago.

Even more than the Beatles, The Beach Boys found through their music the key to unfading youth-and they made copies for everyone. To these guys, the beach isn't just a place where the surf comes to play - it's where life is renewed and made whole again.

Captained by the ageless Mike Love - who dubs himself "the hardest working man in Surf City" - The Beach Boys played an astoundingly busy schedule of concerts in 2002, ranging from their triumphal February appearance at the Winter Olympics to a gala New Year's bash at the posh Honolulu Hilton. Between engagements, they've been writing, arranging, rehearsing and preparing for a new album due out in 2003 based on their international success story. In 1974 Mike Love's concept album Endless Summer ignited a second generation of Beach Boys fans and stirred a comeback that rocked the music world.

Had this remarkable band been less committed to its art and its fans, it could have retired from the field with honor at dozens of points along the way, confident that it had made a lasting contribution to world culture. It could have rested on the success of the epoch-shifting Pet Sounds masterpiece in 1966... or after recording Love's co-written "Kokomo" in 1988 and seeing it become its best selling single ever... or after being inducted that same year into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame... or after watching its worldwide album sales blow past l00 million... or after winning a Lifetime Achievement Grammy® in 2001. Instead, the gallant crew sails on.

Few, if any, acts can match The Beach Boys' concert presence, spirit and performance. They were center-stage at Live Aid, various Farm Aids, the Statue of Liberty's 100th Anniversary Salute, the Super Bowl and the White House. On one day alone - July 4, 1985 - they played to nearly 2 million enthusiasts at shows in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.

Love's role as the band's frontman sometimes overshadows his stature as one of rock's foremost songwriters. "Surfin'," The Beach Boys' first hit came from his pen. With his cousin, Brian Wilson, Love wrote the classics "Fun, Fun, Fun," "I Get Around," "Help Me Rhonda," "California Girls" and "Good Vibrations." Years later, he showed he still had the lyrical chops by co-writing the irresistible and chart-topping "Kokomo."

On The Beach Boys' near horizon are another national/world tour, a new album from Capitol Records complete with full promotional muscle and continued charity activities through Mike Love's Love Foundation, which supports national environmental and educational initiatives.

In addition to founding Beach Boy Mike Love (lead vocals), the newest incarnation of the band also includes 40-year Beach Boy-vet Bruce Johnston (vocals/keyboards), Mike Kowalski (drums), Adrian Baker (guitar/vocals), Chris Farmer (bass/vocals), Tim Bonhomme (keyboards/vocals), John Cowsill of The Cowsills (keyboards/vocals/percussion) and Scott Totten (guitar/vocals).

That is real. And as you see, that was a Mike Love approved statement of how Endless Summer is his concept album. Besides the utter ridiculousness of this bio in the first place, it's just wrong that he would take credit for something that even you, his biggest apologist, admits isn't true.

What's the issue? .... Endless Summer works as a concept album if one wishes to see it that way.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2014, 12:29:59 PM »

Its Mike acting like a fucking genius and visionary when the truth is far different than that. Mike just happened to help name a greatest hits album that went crazy on the charts due to the cultural climate of the time.

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2014, 12:36:54 PM »

I agree Endless Summer is an ML concept album. ML's concept is to use cousin Brian's songs to make some dough.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2014, 12:46:09 PM »

One of those 3 riders used to have the line the band was not to be referred to as 'an oldies act' or the like. That was back in the 80s.

And the specific contract rider posted at the link in this thread has details that would exist only after Carl passed away.

Page 3 of the Rider asks for beer,cigarettes, ashtrays and lighters. Surely a request from an older (70s-80s) contract. If they were still demanding cigarettes after Carls passing I would be shocked.

Page 6 has the 'oldies' reference.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:48:18 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2014, 12:50:02 PM »

I agree Endless Summer is an ML concept album. ML's concept is to use cousin Brian's songs to make some dough.

You gotta admit it's a pretty darn good title and certainly does put a nice bow on the whole package ....

Can someone please provide a quote from Brian complaining about it?

Now, unless someone outright thinks the title "Endless Summer" sucks, what, again, is the issue?

Or, AGD, can you please talk to Mike's people and have him make a public apology?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:51:51 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2014, 12:58:16 PM »

Love is also supposed to have thought of the title of Pet Sounds. Does that make Pet Sounds Mike Love's concept album?

Please delete my account
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 75 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx