gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:41:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2015  (Read 390969 times)
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2014, 11:20:38 AM »

That thing's got to be 25 years old now.

Some people will gladly search twice that far back in history in their endless pursuit of being critical of band members they don't  like.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2014, 11:32:01 AM »

I remember when Smoking Gun posted those, the one I saw at the specific link posted above is not 25 years old. They posted three contract riders from different eras, if you notice it still says at that website, quote: "Here's a Beach Boys bonanza, culled from three different tour riders."  There are older pages posted, but if the specific one linked to were 25 years old, some of the references would not exist as Carl was still alive and BRI would have been in charge of these things.

That specific page is more recent, check some of the terminology used.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2014, 12:23:38 PM »

Three (3) BIC type Large lighters (preferably without Child Guards) NOT GREEN!

...huh.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2014, 12:40:45 PM »

One of those 3 riders used to have the line the band was not to be referred to as 'an oldies act' or the like. That was back in the 80s.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2014, 01:06:52 PM »

One of those 3 riders used to have the line the band was not to be referred to as 'an oldies act' or the like. That was back in the 80s.

And the specific contract rider posted at the link in this thread has details that would exist only after Carl passed away.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2014, 01:10:33 PM »

We need this!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BEACH-BOYS-Vintage-Concert-Rider-Texas-1990-Rare-/361139110046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item541591809e

I do remember a thread on a board about a rider and posters felt there were items Dennis would have required. Was sure it was the same but may not be the case.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2014, 01:28:38 PM »

Surely that was the doing of Carl or Al, right?
I almost feel like a latter-day M&B rider would have a line stating the band was to never to not be referred to as an oldies act.    Grin
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2014, 01:34:36 PM »

Rock Stars have tour riders...

Who cares....

Nicko1234
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2014, 01:45:31 PM »

The tickets are fairly expensive:

You mean on a site that states, `The tickets offered for sale are resale tickets that may be sold at above face value.` that they are expensive??? Surely not.  LOL

Tickets available from $35 from the official site.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2014, 01:57:26 PM »

Surely that was the doing of Carl or Al, right?
I almost feel like a latter-day M&B rider would have a line stating the band was to never to not be referred to as an oldies act.    Grin

No. It was more the fact they were still recording albums.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2014, 02:16:38 PM »

I've often wondered about requirement they not be promoted or listed as an oldies act.   Was it concern about their  not being current or relevant or people's perception of the act, or was it to protect them from lawsuit when they chose to do newer material to the exclusion of older material?
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2014, 02:51:19 PM »

I think it was an image thing..... Even if they WERE basically an oldies act at that time, best not to rub it in with the public and media ..... The Beach Boys have been straddling that weird line since, what, 1966?

That demand certainly puts a dent in the Mike-controlled-shameless-oldies-nostalgia-act accusation.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2014, 04:09:18 PM »

I think it was an image thing..... Even if they WERE basically an oldies act at that time, best not to rub it in with the public and media ..... The Beach Boys have been straddling that weird line since, what, 1966?

That demand certainly puts a dent in the Mike-controlled-shameless-oldies-nostalgia-act accusation.

Don't it.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2014, 06:18:02 PM »

I posted earlier about attending the show at the Ryman in Nashville March 22 (on a Sunday night).  I just looked at tickets direct from the ryman.  $150.00 to $60.00.  The  most expensive tickets listed for the entire upcoming first half of the Ryman season for 2015.   Twice what the best seats cost for WILLIE NELSON at THE Ryman!!!    This should come with The entire reunion lineup for this price ...........somebody understand what is going on here?  I normally don't bitch about shelling out some bucks for a favorite act, especially one of my favorite acts.    but this??
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2014, 07:26:48 PM »

I said $150.00 a ticket.    For a basic Bb road band show.     Or did I miss something.   
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2014, 07:37:46 PM »

I posted earlier about attending the show at the Ryman in Nashville March 22 (on a Sunday night).  I just looked at tickets direct from the ryman.  $150.00 to $60.00.  The  most expensive tickets listed for the entire upcoming first half of the Ryman season for 2015.   Twice what the best seats cost for WILLIE NELSON at THE Ryman!!!    This should come with The entire reunion lineup for this price ...........somebody understand what is going on here?  I normally don't bitch about shelling out some bucks for a favorite act, especially one of my favorite acts.    but this??

You should get in touch with Nicko1234, he seems to know where to score the good prices on these tickets.  LOL

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2014, 08:50:01 PM »

I said $150.00 a ticket.    For a basic Bb road band show.     Or did I miss something.   

Is there a Symphony with them?

That's very, very odd. M&B don't typically have seats over $100 unless it's a benefit or gala type thing.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2014, 09:26:05 PM »

Though Mike's band is reported to be very good, $150 is five times the sum I would pay to see them. I don't think I would pay that much for a Brian show!

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2014, 09:46:05 PM »

I note the Ryman is using a C50 clip advertising their 2015.

http://ryman.com/events/TheBeachBoys

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2014, 10:39:12 PM »

OK, been in contact with Mike's promo people and the issues will be addressed asap. The ads should be "50 years of Fun Fun Fun", so I'm guessing someone googled that and used the first image they got.

And then we'll have world peace, but probably without candy bars.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2014, 10:47:12 PM »

Andrew, I try to remain impartial in all of this, but people like you make it difficult.  As SB just pointed out, just a couple of days ago you had this to say about a *perceived* inaccuracy:

"Now, because I'm a picky SOB, if I'd been daft enough to fly over and make the gig, I'd be suing the collective ass of the venue for lying in the write up. Tracks from his new album ? I don't see any. Do you ?

False advertising, sirrah. False advertising, and I will have satisfaction."

Quite a rant, suing, lying false advertising, etc.  But that was about a Brian Wilson show.  Now that it is a Mike Love show, no big deal, it happens...and Mike is an angel, he will take care of it in short order.  As you seem to be the primary defender of Mike on the board, the double standard makes it tough to take seriously.

Different situations - the Brian thing was me being an ass and going off on one over the wrong gig, which I admitted and apologised for (and for which I was rightly ragged in PMs... and note, I didn't ream Brian's people a new one for false advertising, but the venue)... the M&B thing is the usual suspects here straining to find something new bad to say today. Yes, the adverts are misrepresentative, but I know how BRI M&B promo works, and this is down to the venue, and will be rectified soon, as will any other such incidents if brought to their attention. Again, approved promo material is sent to the venue, which includes non-C50 photos. If someone deviates from that, that's down to them, not BRI.

So, thanks for finding these things and posting them here, as it makes it much easier to fix them.  Grin
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:19:53 PM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2014, 11:02:23 PM »

It's happening again. What a déjà vu feeling.

Picture of Mike Love with Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and David Marks. Tagline: Join the 50th anniversary celebrations!

Granted that's wrong, but the other image - which you didn't post - is of Mike & Bruce... and it's being seen to.

Nicko1234
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2014, 12:16:57 AM »

You should get in touch with Nicko1234, he seems to know where to score the good prices on these tickets.  LOL

Care to tell me where I`ve ever stated that Mike and Bruce never play expensive shows?

And also, sorry to break it to you, but there are many tickets right in front of the stage for that show available for $65. The most expensive tickets include soundchecks and Club Kokomo experiences.

Sorry if that fails to fit your agenda.  Wink
Nicko1234
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2014, 12:20:01 AM »

I said $150.00 a ticket.    For a basic Bb road band show.     Or did I miss something.    

Is there a Symphony with them?

That's very, very odd. M&B don't typically have seats over $100 unless it's a benefit or gala type thing.

The most expensive tickets are for things like Warmth of the Sun VIP packages and Club Kokomo.

Regular tickets are well under $100.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:06:02 AM by Nicko1234 » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2014, 12:59:52 AM »

OK, been in contact with Mike's promo people and the issues will be addressed asap. The ads should be "50 years of Fun Fun Fun", so I'm guessing someone googled that and used the first image they got.

And then we'll have world peace, but probably without candy bars.

Well perhaps point out that  FFF was 1964 and was a 50th 2014 theme. They need a 1965 song surely.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 75 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx