gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680869 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 08:04:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2015  (Read 394123 times)
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: January 06, 2015, 01:43:00 PM »

Tucson review, nice comments re: the band. Best not look if mocking Mike Love gives you agita:

Oh great, now I have agita, my goomba, in the panzon.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 06, 2015, 01:45:08 PM »

Scott, please run the idea of doing "all I wanna do" live past Mike, he seems pretty oblivious to the fact it's one of his, if not his great composition.

Such a beautiful song.

Didn't a member of this board in 2012 try to get to ask Mike during a Q&A for the Beach Boys tour if they will include this song in the set? I don't remember if he got to ask or just planned on doing so.

Yeah, none of the band could even remember the song. Pretty shocking.

I think that was justin who asked, not quite sure.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 06, 2015, 01:46:45 PM »

Scott, please run the idea of doing "all I wanna do" live past Mike, he seems pretty oblivious to the fact it's one of his, if not his great composition.

Such a beautiful song.

Great idea Shady!  I will...

Scott

Thanks so much Scott.

It would be a special day to see Mike do that one live

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: January 06, 2015, 01:46:54 PM »

Tucson review, nice comments re: the band. Best not look if mocking Mike Love gives you agita:

Oh great, now I have agita, my goomba, in the panzon.

The answer? A resounding yes.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: January 06, 2015, 02:18:49 PM »

Pretty GREAT review...all things considered...or is that Al things considered?  I sit on the fence with one foot on the ground of no fucking way.  But...I'll see.  I heard some shyte today about a handshake deal with a CHARITY organization being 'fiddled' with.  We'll wait...and see.  I listened to [and watched] a 40 minute video from somenthing they did in Hungary recently.  It just seemed incomplete.  But this review has me wondering because being THERE is different than watching a video.  I'll say this.  Jeff Foskett disappointed.  John Cowsill is really, REALLY excellent.

The fence is still my chair.  I'll either be there in person or, instead, pissing on someone's grave depending on how this 'handshake' deal finally shakes out. Huh

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 06, 2015, 05:26:56 PM »

'But just when I was thinking they'd be simply an oldies machine, they'd pull out a surprise. Like "Good To My Baby" or "Why Do Fools Fall In Love." '

....ehhhh right. Huh
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 06, 2015, 06:06:29 PM »

Mike did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, so now he needs to do the perform-All-I-Wanna-Do-challenge. I join the ranks of fans who reallllly want to see that song performed live by Mike.  Really. Like, seriously.

All I Wanna Do must be the single biggest cult favorite song in the history of this band in relation to how overlooked it is by the band itself. In my experience, it blows new listeners' minds nearly every time when they hear it, and I believe that playing it live might gain Mike's show a measure of newfound respect and attention from some corners.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 06:07:26 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 06, 2015, 07:04:20 PM »

guess I' ll take a road trip to Nashville to see them at the Ryman.    haven't seen them yet this year . My favorite venue for this band is the Mountain Winery in Saratoga CA. I  saw them twice there as our time in that part of the world coincided.  Ryman is a sort of strange venue, what with the church pew seating and all.   "Please open your Hymnals to song number 239 and sing along with the choir to God Only Knows".

Just bought em!  3rd row back center balcony.   Decent seats at the Ryman!  Ready to go sit in my pew!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 07:51:25 PM by donald » Logged
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 06, 2015, 07:56:26 PM »

Mike did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, so now he needs to do the perform-All-I-Wanna-Do-challenge. I join the ranks of fans who reallllly want to see that song performed live by Mike.  Really. Like, seriously.

All I Wanna Do must be the single biggest cult favorite song in the history of this band in relation to how overlooked it is by the band itself. In my experience, it blows new listeners' minds nearly every time when they hear it, and I believe that playing it live might gain Mike's show a measure of newfound respect and attention from some corners.

Seconded! Would love to hear All I Wanna Do live. I bet the M&B band would kill it!!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 06, 2015, 08:17:58 PM »

"Like moon and stars shine nightly..." yes, please play that one, Scott!

Also, I'd love to hear one or all of the various touring bands tackle "Spirit of America."

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:18:04 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 06, 2015, 08:19:47 PM »

Seconded! Would love to hear All I Wanna Do live. I bet the M&B band would kill it!!

with the background vocals they are now capable of,  I think they could do it quite nicely.   sure would be a lot of work for Scotty and Jeff to get it rehearsed and in order.   but I just know they could do it if logistics and practice time were available.    what about it Mr. Love?   Your moment to transcend and delight the hard core fans?   give Mr. Totten and company  the green light on this!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 06, 2015, 08:24:08 PM »

and if such a feat is possible,   I would love to see it in Nashville in M arch!      No pressure you understand  Cheesy
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: January 06, 2015, 10:54:04 PM »

Scott, since you're taking requests...

September 6th this year is a Significant Birthday for me*, and I could have no better gift from anyone than if, for that one night, a certain song was dropped from the encore. You know which one...  Grin

[* yup, 40 will be a bitch]

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: January 06, 2015, 11:03:10 PM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: January 06, 2015, 11:19:22 PM »

My top two requests for Mike & Bruce's Beach Boys:

Keepin The Summer Alive
It's About Time
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: January 06, 2015, 11:22:09 PM »

"Here Today" is very high on my list of songs I've yet to hear live!!!

I wish they would do it more...it fits right in with their show too...and it would involve Mike in the "pet sounds" portion of the show.

I don't want to jump to conclusions...but with a smaller band like this, I worry about the quality of "Heroes and Villains".

Don't worry RS13!  We do the live BB version that they played all through the 70's not the record version we did on C50.  I normally like to stick to the record versions, but I think the 70's live version rocks.  And Cowsill sings the lead very well.  It's a fun song to do and another one that amazes me at the genius of Brian Wilson.

Scott

I LOVE this arrangement.  It beats any other live arrangement I've heard of H&V!  Al's band still uses this arrangement as well, as does Adam Marsland's band, I think?  Trying to remember.  Would love to hear the Mike & Bruce version.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #466 on: January 06, 2015, 11:25:39 PM »

The cantina version is the best, despite the vaguely heretical overtones of it to Mr. Love.  I bet Cowsill could really nail that part... turning on a dime and then exploding out of it. He's an amazing talent, blasting energy and enthusiasm all over the place. They should have traded Foskett for Cowsill on a lonely bridge at midnight!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:26:49 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 07, 2015, 12:16:02 AM »

I would like to hear Mike and Bruce do Hey Little Tomboy (the unreleased version) live.
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 07, 2015, 02:10:47 AM »

Yeah, I'd like to hear All I Wanna Do, too, at the Royal Albert Hall, pretty please?

The ultimate track I'd like to hear from Mike would be Cabinessence, to hear his outro vocal live.  Is this still 'political', given the release of the Smile box?  Mike should embrace it.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 07, 2015, 06:02:07 AM »

Didn't a member of this board in 2012 try to get to ask Mike during a Q&A for the Beach Boys tour if they will include this song in the set? I don't remember if he got to ask or just planned on doing so.
Dunno about Q & A, but Eric Aniversario had similar idea: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,12856.50.html

In original post he says "hypothetically speaking", but since the board is being read, I would say it worked for "Add Some Music". I mean, it musta been added *after* that 'poll', right? Considering the votes & all...

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 07, 2015, 07:50:00 AM »

My top two requests for Mike & Bruce's Beach Boys:

Keepin The Summer Alive
It's About Time

Fantastic choices that i think Cowsill would no doubt nail!
gfac22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 07, 2015, 08:15:43 AM »

Didn't Mike mention Keepin' The Summer Alive in a recent-ish interview?  Something along the lines of he didn't know why they weren't playing it, so it's at least crossed his mind.  I think it would be an excellent addition.
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 07, 2015, 08:32:48 AM »

Didn't Mike mention Keepin' The Summer Alive in a recent-ish interview?  Something along the lines of he didn't know why they weren't playing it, so it's at least crossed his mind.  I think it would be an excellent addition.
Yeah I recall him saying it would be a perfect summer song, which it obviously is haha.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 07, 2015, 09:05:13 AM »

September 6th this year is a Significant Birthday for me*, and I could have no better gift from anyone than if, for that one night, a certain song was dropped from the encore. You know which one...  Grin

Andrew, do like I do, stay stuck on 39 for as long as you can. I've been stuck there for 19 years and I feel marvelous! Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #474 on: January 07, 2015, 12:19:55 PM »

B-F-A? Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 75 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx