gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 11:32:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2015  (Read 393791 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: May 30, 2015, 05:34:39 PM »

How epic was the "wheeeen" on BTTYS. Razz

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: May 30, 2015, 05:39:42 PM »

So Mike can't just find it emotionally satisfying as he said, motives must be invented out of thin air and then Mike must be accountable to these imaginary motives?  Anybody have anything like evidence for any of these refusal and/or competitive conspiracy theories?

One can still find a level of emotional satisfaction in playing said songs, but a big factor behind playing them can also still be a sense of competition, ya know. The two aren't mutually exclusive. If Brian was not currently touring, nor was L&M coming out, nor was Brian's book coming out, I'm not so sure that these songs would have been played, nor would I imagine that Mike would be much motivated to write a book out of the blue either.

In other words "no", you don't have.

Well, it's called a history of actions that point in that direction. Do we have "anything like evidence", as you like to say, that Dennis did certain things at least in part out of lashing out at/making a statement to Mike, or do we just use an educated guess based on what seems quite plainly obvious?

Are you of the opinion of believing that Mike does not ever do any actions out of trying to specifically compete with Brian, and that Dennis never did things as an act of intentionally pissing off Mike? I bring Dennis into the equation only to prove a point that some things are plain as day with these guys.

I'm sure you won't directly admit what you know inside to be true, which is that obviously the answer is that yes, in both cases there are surely a number of incidents which those types of motivating factors which I listed above have surely sometimes been part of the equation. I do not know why there is some great fear in admitting such. Do you deny such? Or feel free to duck the question, as I'm sure you'll do (speaking of peoples' histories of actions).
You're kind of pushing the envelope there just a bit. How do you equate what you just wrote there with choosing new songs to play in a set list? Grasping at straws now to try and make your point?

My only point is that while there's no way we can "prove" motivations, it's preposterous to suggest that it's suuuuch as stretch as Cam would like to think it is.
And no way to prove it just wasn't Scott suggesting they try some new material. This is truly the making of a mountain out of a mole hill. Can we please drop this sh*t now, so we can hear from our fellow members who are attending the shows that this topic was intended for. It would be most appreciated. Thanks! Smiley

Not sure why having a discussion is "sh*t". I'm just expressing my opinion, and I'm also saying that I'm still nonetheless quite glad that Mike is doing these songs to begin with. The true definition of "sh*t" is extremism (on either side), which when it's pro-Mike is never remotely questioned by Kokomaoists.
Knock off the Kokomoaist bullshit. I'm a Beach Boys fan, plain & simple! I'm sick & tired of having the handful of you Mike haters hijacking every freakin' thread on this mother freakin' Board. Enough already! Wink

I ain't a Mike hater, man. I have some issues with him, yes, though these songs regardless of motivation are a step in a good direction. The Kokomaoist thing is not imagined; even a number of people who defend Mike most fervently have vaguely admitted that the defense angle gets into absurd territory sometimes, yet those defenders will never proactively call out extremism when they see it, only grudgingly admit it happens (if pinned down/cornered in a discussion), while avoiding specifics. That's not imagined; that's an actual thing, which you too should concede is ridiculous Kokomaoism! I get the desire to want to avoid negativity, but I do not get the desire to want to avoid reality.
Go do it in another thread. This isn't the thread to do it in. You were given the answer by Scott regarding the additions to the set list. My motivations to come here is to have a place to fly my fandom, not to hate on the band members every time they do something I don't like. You have to admit there are some members here whose sole purpose here is to bust on Mike. I have no problem with questioning motives, but I do in the way in which we do it.

I'm not hating on anyone. I am commending the additions of the songs, but not blindly saying that everything is wonderful, la-la-la-la. That would seem to suit quite a few Kokomaoists on this board. Just because some people including myself have some peripheral mixed emotions about the songs' inclusions due to context, despite being happy about them being played (I for one am VERY happy that AIWD was finally dusted off), no reason anyone need to be muzzled or told to start a new thread. If, for example, the same songs were included at an earlier date without the repeated veiled insults directed at BW in many interviews, I'd have an easier time enjoying it all. Context matters, and even if you fail to see things as I do, I have a right to express my feelings without being called a hater.  My opinions are nuanced, and do not veer into faux later territory.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 05:57:38 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1302 on: May 30, 2015, 05:45:45 PM »

It's still going, last I checked.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: May 30, 2015, 05:48:02 PM »

Mike's new song: All I wanna wheennn. Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: May 30, 2015, 05:49:25 PM »

Maybe someone could request an extended "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeendy?"
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: May 30, 2015, 05:51:24 PM »

So Mike can't just find it emotionally satisfying as he said, motives must be invented out of thin air and then Mike must be accountable to these imaginary motives?  Anybody have anything like evidence for any of these refusal and/or competitive conspiracy theories?

One can still find a level of emotional satisfaction in playing said songs, but a big factor behind playing them can also still be a sense of competition, ya know. The two aren't mutually exclusive. If Brian was not currently touring, nor was L&M coming out, nor was Brian's book coming out, I'm not so sure that these songs would have been played, nor would I imagine that Mike would be much motivated to write a book out of the blue either.

Thinking the only way to get hard evidence is to tie Mike down and, using truth serum, get the real story as to why he's now adding these songs to the setlist. Might be easier to get him to participate if there is a fellator involved

I take it you are volunteering?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: May 30, 2015, 05:52:34 PM »

Here's Fire Brigade from last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MsTaXcsX5U

and here's Let Him Run Wild: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=900znyESspc
LHRW...........my mind mildly blown...............it's a new era!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: May 30, 2015, 05:53:59 PM »

Well, it's called a history of actions that point in that direction. Do we have "anything like evidence", as you like to say, that Dennis did certain things at least in part out of lashing out at/making a statement to Mike, or do we just use an educated guess based on what seems quite plainly obvious?

Are you of the opinion of believing that Mike does not ever do any actions out of trying to specifically compete with Brian, and that Dennis never did things as an act of intentionally pissing off Mike? I bring Dennis into the equation only to prove a point that some things are plain as day with these guys.

I'm sure you won't directly admit what you know inside to be true, which is that obviously the answer is that yes, in both cases there are surely a number of incidents which those types of motivating factors which I listed above have surely sometimes been part of the equation. I do not know why there is some great fear in admitting such. Do you deny such? Or feel free to duck the question, as I'm sure you'll do (speaking of peoples' histories of actions).
You're kind of pushing the envelope there just a bit. How do you equate what you just wrote there with choosing new songs to play in a set list? Grasping at straws now to try and make your point?

My only point is that while there's no way we can "prove" motivations, it's preposterous to suggest that it's suuuuch as stretch as Cam would like to think it is.
And no way to prove it just wasn't Scott suggesting they try some new material. This is truly the making of a mountain out of a mole hill. Can we please drop this sh*t now, so we can hear from our fellow members who are attending the shows that this topic was intended for. It would be most appreciated. Thanks! Smiley

Not sure why having a discussion is "sh*t". I'm just expressing my opinion, and I'm also saying that I'm still nonetheless quite glad that Mike is doing these songs to begin with. The true definition of "sh*t" is extremism (on either side), which when it's pro-Mike is never remotely questioned by Kokomaoists.
Knock off the Kokomoaist bullshit. I'm a Beach Boys fan, plain & simple! I'm sick & tired of having the handful of you Mike haters hijacking every freakin' thread on this mother freakin' Board. Enough already! Wink

I ain't a Mike hater, man. I have some issues with him, yes, though these songs regardless of motivation are a step in a good direction. The Kokomaoist thing is not imagined; even a number of people who defend Mike most fervently have vaguely admitted that the defense angle gets into absurd territory sometimes, yet those defenders will never proactively call out extremism when they see it, only grudgingly admit it happens (if pinned down/cornered in a discussion), while avoiding specifics. That's not imagined; that's an actual thing, which you too should concede is ridiculous Kokomaoism! I get the desire to want to avoid negativity, but I do not get the desire to want to avoid reality.
Go do it in another thread. This isn't the thread to do it in. You were given the answer by Scott regarding the additions to the set list. My motivations to come here is to have a place to fly my fandom, not to hate on the band members every time they do something I don't like. You have to admit there are some members here whose sole purpose here is to bust on Mike. I have no problem with questioning motives, but I do in the way in which we do it.

I'm not hating on anyone. I am commending the additions of the songs, but not blindly saying that everything is wonderful, la-la-la-la. That would seem to suit quite a few Kokomaoists on this board. Just because some people including myself have some peripheral mixed emotions about the songs' inclusions due to context, despite being happy about them being played (I for one am VERY happy that AIWD was finally dusted off), no reason anyone need to be muzzled or told to start a new thread. If, for example, the same songs were included at an earlier date without the repeated veiled insults directed at BW in many interviews, I'd have an easier time enjoying it all. Context matters, and even if you fail to see things as I do, I have a right to express my feelings without being called a hater. My opinions are nuanced, and do not veer into faux later territory.
I'm done here. Time for a break from this place. I can't even come here and enjoy myself anymore. I am tired of arguing. Knock yourself out second guessing all of Mike's moves. Later!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1308 on: May 30, 2015, 05:57:23 PM »

How about a cover of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK8XAFm7cYw
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 05:59:55 PM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1309 on: May 30, 2015, 05:58:09 PM »

As for the other stuff...can you guys please stop the fighting and taking jabs at each other?

Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: May 30, 2015, 05:58:18 PM »

After seeing the latest You Tube's, the addition, finally, of one Alan Jardine would sew this new incarnation up oh so well. I know I'm dreaming. Dream on......
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: May 30, 2015, 06:00:39 PM »

After seeing the latest You Tube's, the addition, finally, of one Alan Jardine would sew this new incarnation up oh so well. I know I'm dreaming. Dream on......

Too bad Jardine was a combination of too busy, unavailable, and had no interest in performing in the band... oh, wait...

I wonder what was the bigger womp womp; not getting to write in a room, or no longer getting to be a member of the band you helped cofound decades earlier.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 06:05:40 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: May 30, 2015, 06:02:04 PM »

How about a cover of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK8XAFm7cYw
LOL

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: May 30, 2015, 06:08:09 PM »

I'm not hating on anyone. I am commending the additions of the songs, but not blindly saying that everything is wonderful, la-la-la-la. That would seem to suit quite a few Kokomaoists on this board. Just because some people including myself have some peripheral mixed emotions about the songs' inclusions due to context, despite being happy about them being played (I for one am VERY happy that AIWD was finally dusted off), no reason anyone need to be muzzled or told to start a new thread. If, for example, the same songs were included at an earlier date without the repeated veiled insults directed at BW in many interviews, I'd have an easier time enjoying it all. Context matters, and even if you fail to see things as I do, I have a right to express my feelings without being called a hater. My opinions are nuanced, and do not veer into faux later territory.
I'm done here. Time for a break from this place. I can't even come here and enjoy myself anymore. I am tired of arguing. Knock yourself out second guessing all of Mike's moves. Later!

Sorry, man. I was not meaning for you to feel like that, anymore than I would like to feel muzzled for trying to express my not 100% complete (yet still genuinely partial) enthusiasm.
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: May 30, 2015, 06:13:41 PM »

Too bad Jardine was a combination of too busy, unavailable, and had no interest in performing in the band... oh, wait...

I wonder what was the bigger womp womp; not getting to write in a room, or no longer getting to be a member of the band you helped cofound decades earlier.
Al's latest album, you know the one, which DID take too long to come out..........well, it stands alone as the best solo album from any band member, save the Master and Denny's POB.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: May 30, 2015, 06:16:13 PM »

Ahhh yes, the purrrffect follow up to the dismal failure of Pieceeeees Bro. Should see a million units by February. Go write that hit myKe, and this time do it all by your lonesome self.  3D

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: May 30, 2015, 06:35:27 PM »

You claim to be level-headed when it comes to discussing ML (actually you make that claim on your own, as you seem to be the only one that perceives you in that way), but still you keep filling up thread after thread with your off-base endless guessing and crappy tirades like your post above that easily derail a thread that is celebrating the most hardcore fan-oriented setlists M&B have ever produced.

Level-headed indeed.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 06:37:18 PM by Autotune » Logged

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: May 30, 2015, 06:39:25 PM »

You claim to be level-headed when it comes to discussing ML (actually you make that claim on your own, as you seem to be the only one that perceives you in that way), but still you keep filling up thread after thread with your off-base endless guessing and crappy tirades like your post above that easily derail a thread.

Level-headed indeed.

Well it is mighty hard to not lament what we are missing.  I try, believe me I do, to enjoy watching these live songs on YouTube.  And I do somewhat. And then I see a comment like that which I responded to, since it reminds me of the sad, unfortunate truth. It would be much easier to be a fan with my head in the sand like an ostrich. Denial is a powerful thing.

And I consider myself level–headed because I call out vicious extreme anti Mike hatred as being inappropriate and over the line when I see it.

That said, I apologize for "derailing" any thread just because I injected a little bit of honesty into the proceedings, and dared to stand my ground of not being an ostrich. Not having Al when he is willing and available feels like an amputation, and I'd like the drug that makes me feel that this is an ok and acceptable situation which I should keep quiet about. The way that Mike took fans' advice about playing certain songs? Maybe if every single show had hoards of people with Bring Back Al Jardine posters, he'd consider bringing him back. Nevertheless... I ultimately am honestly, truly happy that they are upping their game the way they are.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:08:07 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: May 30, 2015, 06:40:55 PM »

High Five High Five High Five Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Rock! Rock!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: May 30, 2015, 06:44:29 PM »

Thinking the only way to get hard evidence is to tie Mike down and, using truth serum, get the real story as to why he's now adding these songs to the setlist. Might be easier to get him to participate if there is a fellator involved

I take it you are volunteering?

Mods, I think this is really horrible that Cam would insinuate such a thing, and I think you should think about dealing with this sick behavior of his, saying that other members are offering to fellate Mike Love.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: May 30, 2015, 06:51:27 PM »

58 songs?!? WOW ! That's awesome.  Don't see how you can complain about that one. I am jealous of course of you guys who got to see it. Maybe some day if we get lucky we can get a US Show like that.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1321 on: May 30, 2015, 07:14:38 PM »

They have to do 68 songs in the US to top this, with Mike keeping his wheeeeeeeeen going throughout the additional ten songs while Foskett and Totten look increasingly worried.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 07:27:29 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 30, 2015, 07:25:02 PM »

You claim to be level-headed when it comes to discussing ML (actually you make that claim on your own, as you seem to be the only one that perceives you in that way), but still you keep filling up thread after thread with your off-base endless guessing and crappy tirades like your post above that easily derail a thread that is celebrating the most hardcore fan-oriented setlists M&B have ever produced.

Level-headed indeed.

You're not talking to  OSD and SmileBrian.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 30, 2015, 08:40:43 PM »

Y'all are nuts, folks.

58 songs at the Albert Hall?  That's right up there with the 2012 finale at 61 songs!  Five tracks from Pet Sounds, three from Smile, about 18 or so from after that...  this is one hell of a Beach Boys show.  Much as I miss Brian and Al, this is still a landmark!

Cheers,
Jon Blum
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1324 on: May 30, 2015, 09:15:45 PM »

That's good to hear!

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 75 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx