gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:26:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian in Philly 2004 - Review of my first BW concert  (Read 6336 times)
SurferGirl7
« on: January 02, 2006, 01:07:52 PM »

The day started off ordinary. I went to school and did my normal thing. I told very few where I would be going (some teachers and a few friends). Most were shocked I would be at such an event. I told my boyfriend to take the short way home. From the moment I went home till my mom picked me up, was spent beautifying myself. I wanted to stand out but look like a fan. We got into some traffic getting there but we made it into the Keswick Tavern for dinner. I tried to eat but I was too nervous we were missing something. From across the table a guy with a shirt full of album covers had a bunch of red fire hats. I started to rant to my mom how much I wanted one. The guy kindly gave two fire hats to us. For free. It should have been a sign for future things to come. We had the best seats in the house. They weren’t too close but not far at all. We introduced and met other fans. They were ironically playing Beatles music. The lights went out and I screamed. It seem like almost like magic they were onstage. I couldn’t believe it was really him. They started with the acoustic set and I sang all the words and was happy beyond words. I was hoping Brian would talk more as the set went on. After “You’re welcome” they did a kicking set there. Too quickly it was the intermission. I met more people and a guy yelled at me for “irritating other people”. Hey it was my FIRST TIME EVER seeing him and do you think I was caring one bit? HECK NO! The SMiLE set came on and once again I sang along completely (even in the fire song I sang lol). I so badly wanted to dance but no one else was and I had to contain myself. After doing a million standing ovations, the encore set came in. The people started to run to the front of the stage. In my absolute happiness I ran over there too. We were all squashed together but no one cared. One of the guys in the band kept looking at me. I don’t remember his name (it turned out to be Scott Bennett) but I will end up thanking him for the rest of my life. He must’ve realized I knew every word and came close to where I was. He put out his arms and lifted me up to the stage. I wasn’t thinking. The moment he placed me on there I danced to “Surfin’ USA” like I’ve never danced in my life. I am known for not dancing in front of people and well I was making up for it. I didn’t really look at the audience let alone what was to the left of me. I was maybe only a walking distance away from Brian. I felt like I was a part of the show. The love, the energy was all over this place. I had no feeling of nervousness at all. I was use to performing onstage and this was easy stuff for me. After my 1 minute of glory I had to go. I did not look and see what Brian was doing. My mom said he didn’t realize I was up there till I left. I must’ve given him a shock of his life. I only wish I could’ve looked at his reaction myself. By the end of the show I was tired and many people (including a security guard) said how much of a good dancer I was. It was like I had become a minor celebrity among the fans. I saw the guy who picked me up and I was desperate to meet Brian badly. Sadly I wouldn’t be able to, only a glance of him going onto the tour bus leaving. I will more treasure sharing the stage with my hero than anything. I stayed until he left and I waved. I wished to keep that feeling of being onstage forever. I felt like I’ve been dead for years and someone just woke me up. My mother didn’t take any pictures during my moment of glory. She was way too shocked and overwhelmed to do anything. All the people I met she said pointed, wide eyed and someone shouted “I had a feeling she’d be up there.” During the intermission I had touched the stage for good luck. The funny thing was where I was when he picked me up to dance onstage I had touched before. Funny how things work out?
Jason
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 01:19:10 PM »

I have nothing to add except I was here too and I saw Katie dancing on the stage. I got to meet Brian after the show, he signed my Smile CD and never said one word to me, even though I thanked him for the music and the concert. I don't think he heard me.
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 03:42:13 AM »

What I wouldn't give for a pic of that...
LaurieBiagini
Smiley Smile Newbie

Songwriter/Singer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 07:46:59 PM »

That was a fantastic description of your first show! You were so lucky to have been able to get up onstage!  Treasure that memory forever! Smiley

Check out my music on my website: http://www.myspace.com/lauriebiaginimusic
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx