gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681020 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 02:06:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Creating SMiLE [Not Released] (AllMusic Listing)  (Read 2090 times)
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2014, 11:05:44 PM »

http://www.allmusic.com/album/smile-not-released-mw0001007442

So, if I have the full Smile Sessions Deluxe Box Set, would I have all the components needed to create this version of SMiLE? 

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 04:00:22 AM »

Of course

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 07:51:21 AM »

Again, it says Good Vibrations, not once, not twice, but three times on the album cover. I think it's safe to assume that the song would have been included in 1967 had the thing been completed and released.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 11:30:24 AM »

It's his own version, he can leave off anything he wants. I don't think he tries to do a "What-SMiLE-would-have-been-if-released-in-1967".

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 07:29:42 AM »

Again, it says Good Vibrations, not once, not twice, but three times on the album cover. I think it's safe to assume that the song would have been included in 1967 had the thing been completed and released.
That part of the cover artwork is not indicative of anything since everything apart from the Smile Shoppe illustration was contrived by Capitol. What is indicative of what would have made the album is a quote from BDW which states he was going to include, at the very least, Good Vibrations, and Heroes and Villains.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 08:54:43 AM »

If it doesn't have Good Vibrations on it, it ain't credible. I'll ignore it.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 09:13:51 AM »

That the record company had waited as long as they had...not only for Smile...but also for Pet Sounds previously suggests that they had little or no patience for anything so esoteric that Good Vibes wouldn't make the cut .  Heck they had Sloop John B included on Pet Sounds.  How does THAT fit?   And they made Brian do something else while Pet Sounds was being readied...hence the 'Party' project.  They would have INSISTED on Good Vibrations being a part of the Smile package.  That it was [alongside Heroes and Villains] on Smiley Smile says it all...because really...neither song belonged on Smiley Smile.  They were way TOO good for that collection of ditties.

Brian said often [as if to offer up some lame-ass excuse] that the world wasn't ready for Smile.  How on gawd's green earth did he think that ANYBODY would be ready for Smiley Smile?  I still don't get it.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 10:58:19 AM »

Since it's listed on the cover three times, clearly Good Vibrations would have been included thrice on the track list.  Three alternate versions, with one as the coda.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx