gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 02:19:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's "lost" years  (Read 3239 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: May 23, 2006, 01:05:06 PM »

Something I've been wondering for a while...

It's becoming common knowledge that Brian really starting going downhill after his father died in 1973. The question is...how much contact did the fest of the Beach Boys have with Brian from this point until Landy entered the picture? I know Carl and Dennis probably saw him on a semi-regular basis, but how about Al and Mike? Or that matter, did Brian get on with Ricky and Blondie at all? I ask this because if Mike and Al didn't really see Brian that much, it must've been a HUGE shock to the system when work on 15 BO began.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 08:38:20 PM »

to me, it seemed like Brian picked up the ol ball and chain and went back in the studio in 74, everyone's always talking about his work then...but he supposivly said destroy the tapes   Cry...maybe "bad vibes" plus a fire...wierd, a 2nd time around, but not even material smile worthy. 15 big ones happend because landy was kind of gettin brian back  in the studio and mike planned a Brian is Back campaign...with no knowledge of letting brian know

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
MBE
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 09:04:13 PM »

I have a photo of Mike and Brian in 1975 at the Anaheim show in the Ken Barnes book. Brian is smiling at Mike but is huge. Love looks like he is about to cry like he was in shock. HONEST!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 09:28:40 PM »

See, that was what I was wondering about. Also, too...the reaction to the drastic change in his voice must've really f*cked with them.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 08:31:20 AM »

There's a Blondie and Ricky-interview on the Flames' site, where they say they never saw Brian that much, but when they saw him (in the studio that is), he was in top form

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx