gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680743 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 08:07:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good Vibrations 40th Anniversary CD Due June 27th?  (Read 3058 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: May 23, 2006, 12:17:22 AM »

Amazon.com  has a "Good Vibrations 40th An ed." listed as due out on June 27th. It's listed as having an $8.99 list price. Since this price seems to be higher than a domestic CD single would be, yet cheaper than a full-length CD, I suppose this could be some sort of a "maxi single" or EP or something with several versions of the song perhaps.

Honestly, I'm pretty confused about what is or isn't coming out this year or what was or wasn't planned. There was a "Warmth of the Sun" CD which has apparently been postponed, the contents of which nobody is sure of. Most believe that one was going to be another hits compilation, perhaps a "Sounds of Summer 2" sort of thing.

There has also been talk of 40th anniversary releases for both "Pet Sounds" and "Good Vibrations", although what form such releases might take is unknown, nor is it even known if any such releases might take place at all.

Can Alan Boyd or anybody discuss this "Good Vibrations" release coming up, if it indeed is actually even coming up?

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
mistermono
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 01:24:58 PM »

CD universe lists it as "Good Vibrations: 40th Anniversary CD Single ".
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 01:54:18 PM »

It has been posted on enough websites to lead me to believe that it's real. However, at a price of $9 and being called a "single", it could easily just be the released track and released outtakes with nothing new.  We will have to see if there is anything good on it for us hardcores (and I forgot to ask Alan about that or the PS 40th DVD), but I am not optimistic.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 02:12:05 PM »

It's probably going to be regular studio release, the early 1966 version with the Brian vocal, the edited tracking session, and a few live versions. Nothing special.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 02:48:35 PM »

Yeah, I doubt it would have more stuff on it than SOT 15.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
mistermono
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 07:33:07 AM »

ShopEmi.com has a picture accompanying the listing and it is the same as the original, 1966 US PS.  Could it be that we are getting a straight-up reissue of the original 45 with GV/Let's Go Away For Awhile?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 08:24:02 AM »

ShopEmi.com has a picture accompanying the listing and it is the same as the original, 1966 US PS.  Could it be that we are getting a straight-up reissue of the original 45 with GV/Let's Go Away For Awhile?

Like they did with those Elvis-singles? Might be. I hope this would just be for promotion for a "real" release

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 10:27:36 AM »

Maybe selfish of me but I hope that reissue won't trash the value of my original 45 ps of GV.
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 04:49:13 PM »

So it's a gold vinyl?  I guess that's pretty cool.
DJ M
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 06:07:39 PM »

So it's a gold vinyl?  I guess that's pretty cool.

Uh, no; I don't think so.  I just put up that pic on the old blog b/c it looks cool.

http://www.smileysmile.net/uncanny/index.php/2006/05/24/good_vibrations_40th_anniversary_edition
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 07:18:59 PM »

Gotcha.   Smiley

Still would be cool if it were a 45 single though.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 09:51:03 AM »

Maybe selfish of me but I hope that reissue won't trash the value of my original 45 ps of GV.

Shouldn't.  Yours will always be an original.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx