gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 03:36:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: List of new Brian songs  (Read 2471 times)
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: May 22, 2006, 06:01:15 AM »

I was trying to think of a list of 'new' Brian songs from the last few years, ie: not rerecorded or reworked songs. Forgive me if i'm wrong but this is what I came up with:
A friend like you
Believe in yourself
What I really want for christmas
Christmasey
Walking down the path of life

Have I missed any?

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 07:19:52 AM »

what's believe in yourself from?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
DJ M
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 07:22:17 AM »

TV cartoon w/ Daffy Duck; can't remember exact title of the show off the top of my head.  I don't believe that it's ever been released; you had to record the show off TV to get the song.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 07:57:58 AM »

I haven't heard it, but can't imagine why he couldn't have put that on GIOMH as it was out the same time.

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 08:05:38 AM »

This Isn't Love (?)

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 08:12:04 AM »

this isnt love-

a piano demo was recorded around the time of there or after the Paley sessions. I know he wrote the lyrics with Tony Asher, so I'd say around the time he wrote Everything I Need with Asher...

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 08:44:50 AM »

The music was written in the early 80s, listen to the Cocaine Sessions bootleg, it's on there!
JRauch
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 09:27:43 AM »

Wasn´t "How Could We Still Be Dancin" written in 1999?

Dance as if no one's looking. Wrestle things out to bring moment to your own sense of discovery, and make the world a better place. This is no time for whiners.  –  Van Dyke Parks
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 10:25:14 AM »

The difficulty would be in classifying what "new" means. Personally, I consider "You Touched Me" to be new despite portions of the music dating back to the 80s.

By the way, "Duck Dodgers" was the cartoon series Brian appeared on and "Believe In Yourself" was indeed the name of the track featured.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 03:56:04 PM »

"The Waltz" was written just before GIOMH came out, wasn't it?  Now I'm going to have "aHHHHHH, DOOP DOOBIE DOOP, DOOP DOOBIE DOOP, AHHHHHH" stuck in my head the rest of the night. 
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 04:07:48 PM »

but it was basically 'let's stick together' from sweet insanity...which i like that version better

~post of the century~
-Mikie

matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 04:11:17 PM »

If only he'd got the band to stick on their vocals, got rid of the duets, polished up the backing tracks, tweaked the eq and the reverb a bit and got rid of 'Make a wish' and you'd have a real good album.

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 04:43:34 PM »

it's a dern shame Fantasy is Reality wasn't released on a BW album, truly one of his best!

~post of the century~
-Mikie

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx