gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680855 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 02:22:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jack Nitzsche  (Read 3142 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2006, 09:08:10 PM »

what's his stuff sound like?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
rb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 09:42:05 PM »

Try listening to "If My Car Could Only Talk" by Lou Christie, which Jack produced (and arranged, I would imagine) - really excellent, almost stunning.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 12:16:20 AM »

Listen to Expecting To Fly by the Buffalo Springfield, his most stunning arrangement ever. Then dig The Lonely Surfer, his killer orchestral-surf instro. Then just get it all.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
rb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 04:41:41 AM »

"Rumble" was pretty cool too. Interesting how when the original style of music he worked on fell out of favour, he didn't. Talented and versatile.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 12:13:25 PM »

specs put his mark all over a lot of timeless music. 

But I must agree that expecting to fly is a remarkable and unique piece of music....hauntingly beautiful.....it has a wonderful hypnotic, dreamy, narcotic effect on the listener....(in a good way).

It really defies description.  It has to be heard.

Jack did arrangements for Philles records (the Spector Label) and in many ways is responsible for achieving the "wall of sound" effect the records are famous for.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx