gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 08:04:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Study-Video posted -- Vega-tables (extended)  (Read 3960 times)
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« on: November 22, 2014, 07:25:18 AM »

COMMENT:

I know it has been quite a few months, even almost a year, since I said I would soon have a Study-Video educational release about more of my work with The Beach Boys. There have been a number of setbacks and I sincerely apologize for the delays. First, Will of Will C. Productions became rather busy with projects that pay his bills. So his voluntary efforts became harder to fit into a busy schedule. As delays mounted, I decided to reach out to other fans that could help in bringing these Study-Videos to release. About this time my main computer hard drive crashed. Although all the Study-Videos were backed up, it was still another setback I did not need. Then my dear sister had several emergency health issues immerge that required two long and complex operations to correct. This along with months of re-habilitation has been taking much of my time away from the book’s publication. She is now on the mend and I can say with some confidence that my future time can now be devoted to completing the publication of the study-videos.   

As fate would have it, a break came with a call from Jack Riley, the producer of the radio show “Magic Transistor Radio.” (J. Riley not J.Rieley). With a name like Magic Transistor Radio, you know it’s a Beach Boy friendly and hip University Radio Station show, hosted by WPRK-FM out of Rollins Collage, Winter Park, Orlando, Florida. (see link below) In the course of our planning for an interview, I asked Jack if he knew of anyone that might be able and willing to help with the Study-Videos as Will’s schedule was overloaded. The next day he called and enthusiastically suggested I contact his friend Mike Conner. He arranged a meeting and within a few minutes I knew this was a fan that would bring new energy and creative ideas to this project.

To my delight Mike was happy to help and I am also exceedingly glad that he is now involved. Briefly Mike and his family live near Orlando where Professor Mike Conner is Course Director of Music History at Full Sail University, Orlando Campus. Needless to say, his work with me is as a Beach Boy fan and not affiliated with the University. His concentration is popular music of the 1950s- 1980s, but I found him to be just as much a Beach Boys fanatic as any of us.

Our team still has the benefit of Will’s suggestions, but can now move much faster with Mike’s expertise on-board. Mike started his efforts with a Study-Video about Vega-tables I finished assembling over a year ago. He has finished converting those files to the study-video format also incorporating some of his own ideas. That Study-Video is now available at http://swdstudyvideos.com. Please welcome Mike Conner and enjoy the new Study-Video.

I can now confidently say that the book will be coming along soon.

Good Listening, ~Stephen W. Desper

Magic Transistor Radio – typical show >>>
https://archive.org/details/ZombiesWPRKInterviewWithRodArgentAndColinBlunstone
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »

That's great news Stephen! Thanks for giving us this update and I hope all goes well for your sister.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 11:22:26 AM »

thank you. and all the best to your sister.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 03:24:35 AM »

Thank you Stephen for taking the time to share this with us. Looking forward to the book being released!

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 09:05:03 AM »

Just finished listening. As always it was a very interesting and fascinating look into the music making. Thanks!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 10:57:57 PM »

Thanks again very much for doing these, Stephen. I've been showing them to some friends, both big and more casual BB fans, and I can say that everyone has pretty much been blown away by them.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx