gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 01:38:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The stereo mixes on MIC can't hold a candle to Brian's original work!  (Read 5657 times)
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 04:10:54 AM »

I don't even understand why It's A Beautiful Day was Remixed?

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2014, 05:13:13 AM »

I don't understand why they remixed California Feelin'

The booted version is very pleasant and just needed some cleaning up. Apparently there was some idea that it needed more kick-drum-with-echo and more harmonies of 'caaaaaliiiifoooooorniiiiaaa feeeee eeeeee lin' and so added in a few extra just to fortify the song a little. Adding in some unneccessary Brian solo vocals to give the fans a hard 'on.

Imo these changes made the song weaker. Less is more when it comes to this song. Luckily some fans have cleaned it up quite well in its original intended format.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 09:35:21 AM »

The "CALIFORNIA FEEEEEEELIN'!" on the booted version is so flat. What they did really helped it in my opinion. The Bri vocal was maybe unneccessary

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2014, 09:14:19 PM »

But in any event, there's no way *that* amount of reverb is printed onto the multi-track tapes. No way. The "Sea of Tunes" stuff sounds even drier in many cases.

When they mixed songs in the 60s, did they have the technical possibility back then to add reverb in the mixing process? Does anyone know?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2014, 11:57:20 PM »

Have a listen to "It's a Beautiful Day".  Unfortunately there's nothing beautiful about the added reverb on Mike's vocals.  Ruins a good song for me and what would have been a good mix.  Also, why is it only on Mike's vocals?  Same with "Wild Honey" live.  I can understand them taking some liberties with unreleased songs like YLTLF but not with the others which were perfectly acceptable to me.
The original "it's a beautiful day" is 1000x better! But nice to have an alternate mix, I guess.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx