gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:19:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1991 Smile 2-LP - I WANT IT.  (Read 4283 times)
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2014, 05:45:45 AM »

This thread might get me banned forever (or at the very least deleted).... I DON'T CARE!

Because the fact is, the only vinyl representation of "Smile" I need is the obscure 1991 2-LP set, and can't find a copy of this *ANYWHERE*.  I'm willing to drop upwards of $100 for it, easy.  No questions asked.

If *anyone* here has a copy they're willing to spare, then for the love of my sanity, MESSAGE ME.

Thank you.  Smiley
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 05:55:00 AM »

You left a "0" off your offer price( at least if your really want to score one) 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 07:29:01 AM »

That's crap.

I know someone who just bought it for $20, and the one I found for auction sold for $15.
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 08:21:54 AM »

....Plus the fact, when's the last time you've seen a bootleg sell for $1,000?

The highest I've ever seen was Vigotone "Smile" for $150-200.  (And I paid a fraction of that.)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 09:17:46 AM »

That's crap.

I know someone who just bought it for $20, and the one I found for auction sold for $15.

The highest I've ever seen was Vigotone "Smile" for $150-200.  (And I paid a fraction of that.)

Whatever. I don't see anyone jumping at your offer, tho, do you? 
You want seriuos stuff, you have to make serious offers

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 09:25:57 AM »

*bgas looks at his copy*

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 09:31:50 AM »

I don't have a lot of money, and still live at home with my family because I can't afford an apartment.

I am not blowing $1,000 on an album that people have paid FAR, FAR less for.  And that's the last I'm arguing with you.  If you want $1,000 for your copy, whatever, good for you.  But I'm sure someone else will be a little more reasonable and less insulting.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »

I don't have a lot of money, and still live at home with my family because I can't afford an apartment.

I am not blowing $1,000 on an album that people have paid FAR, FAR less for.  And that's the last I'm arguing with you.  If you want $1,000 for your copy, whatever, good for you.  But I'm sure someone else will be a little more reasonable and less insulting.

You may be right!  Joe Tex just sent me a message:  " Won't somebody PLEASE help the man with the skinny offer? "

Besides, this one is SO rare that I don't even own a copy!

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 09:46:03 AM »

Maybe someone will donate 2 u a copy!!

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 10:26:29 AM »

And by now I'm waiting for the other fan who wants this album as well and is willing to offer 5 bucks more than TheLazenby's highest offer...  Grin

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
SenorPotatoHead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 10:46:31 AM »

That's crap.

Whatever. I don't see anyone jumping at your offer, tho, do you? 
You want seriuos stuff, you have to make serious offers

My offer is 1 Mil....no!  1 BILLION dollars!!! 
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 11:45:55 AM »

And by now I'm waiting for the other fan who wants this album as well and is willing to offer 5 bucks more than TheLazenby's highest offer...  Grin

Surprised you haven't deleted this thread yet, Klass. 

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 11:49:39 AM »

None of you people would pay a grand for an album, why should I?

None of you.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 11:53:50 AM »

I'll buy it for $8 and a promise that I won't start threads like this.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 12:04:51 PM »

None of you people would pay a grand for an album, why should I?

None of you.

Nobody else here is so desperate as to start a thread  begging for an album

TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 12:16:49 PM »

See if I give a sh*t. Smiley
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 12:18:35 PM »

See if I give a sh*t. Smiley

Do you not want the vinyl anymore?  Sad

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 12:27:09 PM »

Kids, eh? Kids.....

Klass? Billy?  Is it OK if I start a thread asking the forum for a bootleg that I'm missing in my collection?

Or maybe we can turn this thread topsy turfy and revise the title to buying/selling legitimate collectibles?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2014, 12:39:14 PM »

Up till now I was kidding about it, but you're right, Mikie. The rules are clear about it: asking or offering unreleased material is not allowed on this board. And that goes for bootlegs as well, even if it's a 23yo vinly lp.

So, (1) this topic is locked and (2) nothing personal, TheLazenby, but here's an official warning for you

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx