gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681660 Posts in 27653 Topics by 4085 Members - Latest Member: RZLSommer June 26, 2024, 06:29:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Love and Mercy Soundtrack  (Read 63609 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2015, 09:40:02 AM »

Am I the only one who's really disappointed they didn't throw in at least one goodie from the archives? Something from the Bedroom Tapes?

I'm hoping maybe there will be some sort of archival release of that nature around the time "I Am Brian Wilson" comes out next year, maybe.

Listening

Ohh man, I really hope so. After those lengthy two articles in the LA Times (I think) I'd hope Capitol would realize the small but hearty demand for the Bedroom Tapes tracks.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2015, 12:32:02 PM »

It might be difficult to do an archival Brian-themed release unless they’re all home demos or something. As soon as studio tracks start coming into play, it becomes a BRI/Beach Boys situation, assuming pre-80's stuff is part of it, and potentially even if it's only later stuff. They have used ostensibly “Beach Boys era” Brian-centric recordings on “Brian Wilson” releases a few times in the past (the “Still I Dream of It” studio demo, where Mike was probably sitting right next to him while he played it, the early 80s “Night Bloomin’ Jasmine” track from the BW’88 reissue, and the “In the Back of My Mind” demo from some NPP editions). So I’m not sure there would be a problem clearing material for a “Brian Wilson” solo release. (Then again, didn’t they have problems clearing even a stripped-back “Baby Blue” for the POB deluxe set?)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:35:20 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2015, 01:16:24 PM »

Anyone seeing a listing for the download on iTunes or Amazon Music yet? It appears as though they may be rushing the digital release of this for awards season (Grammies at least), so I realize this may not be on the usual timetable. But usually a day before release they have some sort of listing if not previews. Curious if they'll get that all up by tomorrow morning.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2015, 01:27:16 PM »

I've been checking ever so often with no luck, but I think they'll just drop it tomorrow. Anyone think this will hit iTunes directly at midnight?

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2015, 01:29:22 PM »

(Then again, didn’t they have problems clearing even a stripped-back “Baby Blue” for the POB deluxe set?)

They had to remove Carl and Bruce's backing vocals from Love Surrounds Me.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2015, 01:42:56 PM »

From Brian's Facebook.

The soundtrack for "Love & Mercy" will see a global digital release tomorrow, August 14 and will be available everywhere on CD September 18.
Please visit Brian's website for more info, press release and track list: http://brianwilson.com

‘Music From LOVE & MERCY’  [digital; CD]

1. The Black Hole – Atticus Ross
2. Don’t Worry Baby – The Beach Boys
3. Silhouette – Atticus Ross
4. God Only Knows – Paul Dano
5. God Only Knows – The Beach Boys
6. Believe – Atticus Ross
7. Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys
8. Losing It – Atticus Ross
9. I’m Right Here – Atticus Ross
10. The Bed Montage – Atticus Ross, The Beach Boys, The Four Freshmen
11. Intersection – Atticus Ross
12. Love and Mercy (Live) – Brian Wilson
3. One Kind of Love – Brian Wilson
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2015, 02:00:01 PM »

Ok. Not the first time this has happened, but I seem to have it now on Spotify here in NZ.

I sh!t you not! Shocked

edit: A few weeks ago someone asked which show L&M at the end came from. Its listed as the Royal Festival Hall.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:06:42 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2015, 02:27:43 PM »

edit: A few weeks ago someone asked which show L&M at the end came from. Its listed as the Royal Festival Hall.

I could tell from how Brian looked, it was from one of the shows on the Pet Sounds Live in London DVD.

sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2015, 02:30:24 PM »

Anyone seeing a listing for the download on iTunes or Amazon Music yet? It appears as though they may be rushing the digital release of this for awards season (Grammies at least), so I realize this may not be on the usual timetable. But usually a day before release they have some sort of listing if not previews. Curious if they'll get that all up by tomorrow morning.

Nothing yet. I think iTunes releases that just "appear" like this do so early in the morning Eastern Standard Time..6-7 AM.

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
RickD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2015, 02:42:55 PM »

Play Store has it in Oz now
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:46:09 PM by RickD » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2015, 02:52:17 PM »

Play Store has it in Oz now

Yes NZ too.  Maybe the link will work for others.

https://play.google.com/music/listen#/sr/Love+and+Mercy+Soundtrack

or

https://play.google.com/music/listen#/album/Bbmltqvewqxzmtezxlnsk7gdnz4/Various+Artists/Love+%26+Mercy+%E2%80%93+The+Life%2C+Love+And+Genius+Of+Brian+Wilson+(Original+Motion+Picture+Soundtrack)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:53:50 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2015, 05:18:14 PM »

Uh-oh - is this that one that has nothing to do with the official soundtrack popping up again, or is it the real thing?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2015, 06:09:33 PM »

I'm definitely listening to the real deal. We also had the MIC early as well a few years back. The thinking was that a small market such as this is a 'test' for itunes before it goes 'live'.

edit: Now on NZ itunes.

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/album/love-mercy-life-love-genius/id1028664831
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:15:28 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 13, 2015, 06:15:29 PM »

I'm definitely listening to the real deal. We also had the MIC early as well a few years back. The thinking was that a small market such as this is a 'test' for itunes before it goes 'live'.

edit: Now on NZ itunes.

Wow - That's great news!
debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2015, 06:17:17 PM »

On Australian Spotify and iTunes now. Couldn't find it on itunes at first but found it by searching Paul Dano.

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2015, 06:19:24 PM »

I've just been searching 'Love and Mercy Soundtrack' and it comes right up.

Just realised my links may only relate to my accounts. Never mind, its coming, and sounds good.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:21:23 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2015, 06:22:57 PM »

Hah yeah it does. I was searching Love & Mercy and it found zip.

I wish it was all 11 Atticus Ross tracks. It's great but not enough.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:25:29 PM by debonbon » Logged

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2015, 06:50:23 PM »

It's August 14th, down under (I'm sure you hate that phrase).

I'm going to keep checking this evening on the US iTunes. Hoping they put it up before I turn in. Thanks for posting the link to the NZ iTunes. It was nice to hear the clear samples.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2015, 07:04:54 PM »

So close!!!!!!!!!! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2015, 07:42:40 PM »

Us in the U.S. can listen to the previews at least in iTunes if you click on the link provided by Pretty Funky and change your iTunes store setting to NZ (click on the American Flag icon, bottom right of most iTunes pages).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 07:46:54 PM by GoodVibrations33 » Logged
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2015, 08:02:16 PM »

Available in U.S. now:  https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/love-mercy-life-love-genius/id1028744262
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2015, 08:12:26 PM »

Listening

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2015, 08:16:11 PM »

Thanks GoodVibrations33!!!!

WOW. The audio on the Ross tracks is outstanding...every note and spoken word is so clear.

Edit: just finished listening. Don't want to spoil it for others, but I will say there are a lot of little surprises - mostly in the way they mixed parts of some of the tracks that differ from the movie.

Also, praise for that isolated Mike vocal in the Til I Die section of 'The Bed Montage'. There's something about the way he sings that. Perfection. So glad Ross thought to put that in.

Blown away by this whole soundtrack. Really well put together, and though I do wish we got the entire Ross score, I'm totally happy with what we got here. It's been a tremendous year for Beach Boys fans!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:45:50 PM by rab2591 » Logged

sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2015, 08:40:26 PM »

Also available as a lossless download from Ponomusic:

https://www.ponomusic.com/ccrz__CCPage?pageKey=product&oId=of%3Ac5e4a3c725db41679e03c64d51a816d2&type=Album&artistId=of%3A00000000000000000000000000000000

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2015, 09:03:09 PM »

Not a good idea to hand wash the dinner plates while listening to 'Losing It'! Wink
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx