gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:56:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nice looking tickets / Stubs ( April 20, 1968 )  (Read 21830 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 09:08:14 PM »

"Add Some Music To Your Day" is ubiquitous.  The rarest singles post '70 are U.S. stock copies of Cool, Cool Water, Surf's Up, and "You Need A Mess Of Help."

Oh, and the "School Days" promo.

Bet the only reason you think  Mess of Help is rare, is on account of your not having it. 
The flat out rarest post 70 single is a Steamboat ( Brown label) copy of Reprise 1138  SOS / Only With You 

Pany found School Days for about $2; by the way, There's some scuttlebutt going round that Pany will be Charlie's best man! 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 09:39:38 PM »

Bet the only reason you think  Mess of Help is rare, is on account of your not having it.

Nope. I picked one up new in a music store back in the 70's but was dumb enough to trade it away, thinking I'd find another one right away. WRONG. I've seen them around since, but was unwilling to pay more than 50 bucks for them. Last week there was one on Ebay for 35 bucks but the label had handwriting and indentations on it. I have an import copy but want a mint or close to mint one (stock U.S.)  

Pany found School Days for about $2; by the way.

Helluva find! I paid 5 bucks each for copies of the original Pamela Jean single and Stack-O-Tracks. That doesn't mean that's what they're worth on the market to a collector or knowledgeable dealer (or price guides).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:42:39 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 09:55:07 PM »

"Add Some Music To Your Day" is ubiquitous.  The rarest singles post '70 are U.S. stock copies of Cool, Cool Water, Surf's Up, and "You Need A Mess Of Help."

Oh, and the "School Days" promo.

Bet the only reason you think  Mess of Help is rare, is on account of your not having it. 
The flat out rarest post 70 single is a Steamboat ( Brown label) copy of Reprise 1138  SOS / Only With You 

Pany found School Days for about $2; by the way, There's some scuttlebutt going round that Pany will be Charlie's best man! 

I would think SOS / Only With You on the STEAMBOAT  Reprise 1138, is definitely one of the most impossible ones to find.
Cool, Cool Water and Surf's Up on the same label are quite difficult as well, as is the ICHM/LTWB Rep 1310 on the STEAMBOAT label.  Rarely see that one.

$2.00 for a School Days!!   That's robbery.  Charlie probably had a hand in getting it for him, and now he's returning the favour being his "best Man".

Dogbone
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 10:37:44 PM »

Enviable collection Bgas… gobsmacking!

What are the five (five?) LPs sandwiched between the World Records box sets and the Good Vibes 93 box set? And what's the inscription say in the centre of the Smile sleeve display? And … and … and … so many questions!!!!

Many many thanks for posting.

“We live in divisive times.”
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 01:17:53 AM »

Ah, the Barbie doll, way up on one of the cupboards. An essential asset for every serious BB collection !  Grin

Really, I should have made a stop at your place last summer, when I had the chance  (but I didn't, one of my biggest regrets, my bad, guess I'll have to live with it...)

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 03:26:52 AM »

I can't find the beach boys in concert book in those photos. Very disappointing  Azn
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 04:06:35 AM »

I can't find the beach boys in concert book in those photos. Very disappointing  Azn

OOps!  I keep that one next to me at the computer at all times; a great partner w/ Bellagio10452... 

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 04:24:24 AM »

Enviable collection Bgas… gobsmacking!

What are the five (five?) LPs sandwiched between the World Records box sets and the Good Vibes 93 box set? And what's the inscription say in the centre of the Smile sleeve display? And … and … and … so many questions!!!!

Many many thanks for posting.

So hard to get a good photo thru glass, but here's mine:  

as to the other question, none of those are LPs, they're all cassettes. including the Worlds and GV
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:47:14 AM by bgas » Logged

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 07:24:39 AM »

Hey Bgas, where are your Beach Boys CD's?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 07:26:46 AM »

Ah, the Barbie doll, way up on one of the cupboards. An essential asset for every serious BB collection !  Grin

Really, I should have made a stop at your place last summer, when I had the chance  (but I didn't, one of my biggest regrets, my bad, guess I'll have to live with it...)

Yep, the California Dream Barbie from 1987. Complete with the Living Doll maxi-single. Essential collectible for any serious collector.

I'd like to see your collection, Klass!

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 07:53:50 AM »

Hey Bgas, where are your Beach Boys CD's?

Most in boxes, a few in a slotted box behind the framed posters in one pic; my two MICs are in with the LPs; I stopped buying all the variations years ago. 

Yep, the California Dream Barbie from 1987. Complete with the Living Doll maxi-single. Essential collectible for any serious collector.

And as with any of our collectibles, you'll want both label variations for the Living Doll single. 

Have to schedule a trip to the Netherlands to see your collection, Klaas!  Is there a Stomp convention next year? 

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 01:20:48 AM »

The wife doesn't really agree on that particular item though  Grin
I could make some pictures later today. Don't expect an as impressive collection as bgas's or Pany's though...

And as with any of our collectibles, you'll want both label variations for the Living Doll single. 

Have to schedule a trip to the Netherlands to see your collection, Klaas!  Is there a Stomp convention next year? 

O yeah, forgot about that (again); I only have the light blue one...

And you're (very) welcome to come over and stay here, bgas ! The next Stomp Convention is scheduled on Saturday, September 19th 2015, with (hopefully) Ed Carter and Mike Kowalski as special guests. And there's an annual German fan meeting as well, usually on the first Saturday in September (in case you want to practice your knowledge and pronunciation of the German language)

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2014, 01:47:59 AM »

How about posting your damn collection, Mikie! - or anyone else who'd like to dish.

bgas - awesome stuff, man - something for wannabes like me to aspire too - just have to get those darn teenagers out of my wallet (a few years to go). 

Those SMiLE slicks, sigh...

And I have spent many an hour over in the media section looking through the good stuff you've posted - makes my day each time -  Thumbs Up

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2014, 07:28:19 AM »

I could make some pictures later today. Don't expect an as impressive collection as bgas's or Pany's though...

There's another real nice collection belonging to a guy in Sacramento that you met at Pany's house this year, Klass. Nice guy too.

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2014, 10:30:27 AM »

There's another real nice collection belonging to a guy in Sacramento that you met at Pany's house this year, Klass. Nice guy too.

That was a heck of a collection. Time was too short that day. But we all enjoyed it immensely (and his wife is a great cook !  Smiley )

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2014, 10:41:02 AM »

That was a heck of a collection. Time was too short that day. But we all enjoyed it immensely (and his wife is a great cook !  Smiley )

Good thing you weren't there to ruin it Mikie!

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2014, 10:46:06 AM »

Some pics from my music room...

LP's, magazines in the baskets below, books, toorbooks, and memorabilia (in the maps below) on the right, more mags behind the top doors, plus my spare singles

and in case you wondered what's behind the doors... there's that Barbie doll...  Grin

On the opposite side of the room: singles, 8-tracks, reels, dvd's, video's on the left, singles on the right (and a few 8-tracks... I just started reorganising my collection in those cupboards)

and a bit more to the right: cassettes, case with posters, cd's, boxes, and behind/below the door up right spare lp's and other stuff)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:58:03 PM by SMiLE Holland » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2014, 10:55:11 AM »

Very nice setup! 
and lots of great items, yet not a mess like that bgas guy posted....

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2014, 11:02:52 AM »

Shocked wow.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2014, 12:09:55 PM »

Yeah, I found out you were gonna be there, Bgas, so I didn't show up.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2014, 12:36:33 PM »

Bgas, please take note of Klass' organizational skills. A place for everything and everything in its place. And the stereo system right there next to the collection so you don't have to carry the music to another room. Nice shelving with cabinets overhead, everything nice and neat, spotlights placed strategically on the track lighting fixture and not too close to the vinyl to cause potential warpage.....

These pictures should go into "Record Collector's Journal"  or  "Stereo Monthly"  or ESQ. Yeah, ESQ!  All that's missing is the female model to demonstrate the wares.

Klass, very nice.

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2014, 01:07:54 PM »

@SMiLE Holland

Is your book shelf an IKEA Expedit?

As a Swede I demand to know.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:08:55 PM by The Legendary Swedish Frog » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2014, 01:21:29 PM »

The wife doesn't really agree on that particular item though  Grin

That was a heck of a collection. Time was too short that day. But we all enjoyed it immensely (and his wife is a great cook !  Smiley )

Yeah, I found out you were gonna be there, Bgas, so I didn't show up.

That's half the reason why I didn't invite you to the party
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:22:36 PM by bgas » Logged

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2014, 01:25:54 PM »

Bgas, please take note of Klass' organizational skills. A place for everything and everything in its place. And the stereo system right there next to the collection so you don't have to carry the music to another room. Nice shelving with cabinets overhead, everything nice and neat, spotlights placed strategically on the track lighting fixture and not too close to the vinyl to cause potential warpage.....

These pictures should go into "Record Collector's Journal"  or  "Stereo Monthly"  or ESQ. Yeah, ESQ!  All that's missing is the female model to demonstrate the wares.

Klass, very nice.
LOL

Yeah, I better get another expedit - my vinyl is a little too tightly packed compared to this.

Also, nice looking turntable, a Thorens TD 160 or 166 mk2?

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2014, 02:02:46 PM »

@SMiLE Holland

Is your book shelf an IKEA Expedit?

As a Swede I demand to know.

Yes sir.  Grin
Most of my cupboards are from Ikea btw... Not that strange if you take into account that the nearest Ikea is only a 5-minute drive away...

And as a Dutchy I now demand to now "why on earth did Ikea stop producing Expedit and started Kallax instead?" I was able to buy a few more 1x5 cupboards 2nd hand fortunately, but they aren't made anymore... shame !

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx