gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:46:56 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nice looking tickets / Stubs ( April 20, 1968 )  (Read 21829 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2014, 08:40:50 AM »

While looking around for CHUM charts, I found a nice looking ticket stub I bought for thApril 20, 1968 concert w/ Strawberry Alarm Clock and Buffalo Springfield; thought about adding it to the Pickle Brothers thread, but as they weren't on the bill for this show.....  

So anyway....  it's been creased ( not by me) and the back was signed by Mike and Bruce, tho I'm not certain it was at the show. Kinda wondering if all the tickets for this show were the same size or if the "celebrity section" ones were larger, as this stub measures 3 X 8 inches ( anyone here go to the show?)

]

Perhaps other folks also have some nice tickets/ stubs to show...  
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:49:47 AM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 09:57:31 AM »

Further info: the town was Dallas, and Bobby Goldsboro and The Soul Survivors were also on the bill

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 12:52:10 PM »

Rock! Thanks for posting that, bgas!

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 12:59:09 PM »

Alan, you don't have to thank Bgas for posting that.  He'd post his whole damn collection here if you asked him.....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 01:07:44 PM »

well, not ALL of it Mikie...  but, the scan lost alot of the color of the ticket's background. I wonder if perhaps these were meant to be checked under a blacklight, as this is alot closer to the real thing, maybe only a shade darker instead of the total washed out look

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:48:54 AM by bgas » Logged

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 01:40:11 PM »

Alan, you don't have to thank Bgas for posting that.  He'd post his whole damn collection here if you asked him.....
Grin Hey bgas - how about posting your whole damn collection here?

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 01:53:07 PM »

Alan, you don't have to thank Bgas for posting that.  He'd post his whole damn collection here if you asked him.....
Grin Hey bgas - how about posting your whole damn collection here?

Alan:  if you check the media section( and posts here and there), you'll see that alot of it is already here!    
But I'll put one here that's uber-rare, as  I was told they only made 50 before deciding not to release it ( of course, I could be mis-informed )
Shown sealed, as that's the way I got it...

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:48:20 AM by bgas » Logged

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 02:06:07 PM »

Hell, I got that! Post some rare sh*t!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 02:14:01 PM »

Alan, did you notice that Bgas used the non-word "alot" (instead of "a lot") three times in his last two posts?  Can you believe he made it out of high school?

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 02:23:25 PM »

Hell, I got that! Post some rare sh*t!

as always, I say Put Up or STFU... 

Alan, did you notice that Bgas used the non-word "alot" (instead of "a lot") three times in his last two posts?  Can you believe he made it out of high school?

Who says I did?

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 02:41:50 PM »

I just did a background search on you. You live in Misery, right? I mean Missouri, specifically the vicinity of St. Louis?

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 02:49:10 PM »

I just did a background search on you. You live in Misery, right? I mean Missouri, specifically the vicinity of St. Louis?

yused to befor I muved to san leadru

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 03:04:54 PM »

Ha Ha Ha!  You shackin' up with Panayiotis now?

LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 03:25:04 PM »

Ha Ha Ha!  You shackin' up with Panayiotis now?
That would be disastrous... Putting their two collections in the same room would achieve "critical mass" and set off a nuclear reaction in the world of Beach Boys collectors.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 04:19:58 PM »

Ha Ha Ha!  You shackin' up with Panayiotis now?
That would be disastrous... Putting their two collections in the same room would achieve "critical mass" and set off a nuclear reaction in the world of Beach Boys collectors.

Ya ever been to Pany's house?  NO way his collection fits in one room! (well, I guess it would but it would have to be a big room)

Hope ya liked it!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:44:51 AM by bgas » Logged

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 04:42:50 PM »

That's one helluva collection you got there.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 04:52:51 PM »

More like Bgod! Afro

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 04:55:51 PM »

I guess it's one measure of 40+ years of collecting
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:05:36 PM by bgas » Logged

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 05:43:48 PM »

What a big mess.

I stored my vinyl like that about 30 years ago, then the shelves started warping so I began using thick solid oak shelves.

Nice gold records! And the framed Smile display!

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 05:47:10 PM »

Incredible collection! Thanks for sharing bgas!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 07:38:06 PM »

Hey Bgas---

I hear that "Pany guy" doesn't have half the stuff you have.   Isn't he living in the Middle East..near Dubai?

Dogbone
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 07:47:08 PM »

Wow, great stuff!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 08:11:21 PM »

Hey Bgas---

I hear that "Pany guy" doesn't have half the stuff you have.   Isn't he living in the Middle East..near Dubai?

Dogbone

Pany has a helluva lot of stuff.  One of the best collections on the Left Coast.

The Right Coast?  I hear a guy named Will Brison currently has the besteses.

Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 08:18:18 PM »

Hey Bgas---

Dogbone

Pany has a helluva lot of stuff.  One of the best collections on the Left Coast.

The Right Coast?  I hear a guy named Will Brison currently has the besteses.

I'm not so sure.  I hear he has multiple copies of the "Add Some Music To Your Day" single. Now that's a rare one.  Don't see many of those.

Dogbone
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 08:38:46 PM »

"Add Some Music To Your Day" is ubiquitous.  The rarest singles post '70 are U.S. stock copies of Cool, Cool Water, Surf's Up, and "You Need A Mess Of Help."

Oh, and the "School Days" promo.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx