gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:42:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson Taping Soundstage Special With Special Guests  (Read 165809 times)
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2014, 09:08:55 PM »

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2014/11/brian-wilson-taping-soundstage-special.html

Brian Wilson Taping Soundstage Special With Special Guests

Brian Wilson will take the stage at the Venetian in Las Vegas on December 12 to tape a special for Soundstage.

Wilson is expected to play music from throughout his career as well as new songs from the upcoming album No Pier Pressure, due out in 2015.

Joining Wilson for the special are fellow Beach Boy Al Jardine, Blondie Chaplin, Ricky Fataar, Sebu Simonian (Capital Cities), Nate Reuss (fun) and Mark Isham, all of which joined Wilson on the new album. Additional guests are expected to be announced in the future.

Tickets are already on sale for the show.

Soundstage is seen on PBS stations and AXS TV. Brian Wilson's episode will air next year.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 09:19:42 PM »

How often did Chaplin and fataar actually play with Brian during their tenure with the band?
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 09:57:01 PM »

How often did Chaplin and fataar actually play with Brian during their tenure with the band?

I'd assume they saw each other during the Holland sessions, even if Brian himself wasn't actually playing much during said sessions.  Otherwise I doubt they had much interaction with each other.

stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 12:53:23 AM »

These kind of things seem more like a big FU to the Myke & Brooth show than any sort of reliving the way things were back then.

Brian for sure wasn't a big part of The Beach Boys when Blondie & Ricky were in the band, but it's still fuckin' awesome that these current happenings are happening.... Dennis & Carl are definitely looking down and smiling on their big brother over these happenings.

Wish I had the cash money funds to go see this historic thizzles in Las Vegas comin' up in December. Lucky for all y'all that will be there to witness historic events.

And hopefully one of you will have their cellphone that records decent audio to catch these once in a lifetime performances....

No mas, por favor.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 08:18:41 AM »

hmm, just made my reservations.  The Venetian is a great location and they have a package with a Suite and access to soundcheck.  Should be a nice weekend.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 08:29:59 AM »

hmm, just made my reservations.  The Venetian is a great location and they have a package with a Suite and access to soundcheck.  Should be a nice weekend.

Did you buy the package, or just get tickets to the show?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 08:32:47 AM »

I am very jealous

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 08:53:33 AM »

Bought my tickets!
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 09:03:22 AM »

These kind of things seem more like a big FU to the Myke & Brooth show than any sort of reliving the way things were back then.

Brian for sure wasn't a big part of The Beach Boys when Blondie & Ricky were in the band, but it's still fuckin' awesome that these current happenings are happening.... Dennis & Carl are definitely looking down and smiling on their big brother over these happenings.

Wish I had the cash money funds to go see this historic thizzles in Las Vegas comin' up in December. Lucky for all y'all that will be there to witness historic events.

And hopefully one of you will have their cellphone that records decent audio to catch these once in a lifetime performances....

Well, the inclusion of Blondie and Ricky can possibly be interpreted as a slap at Mike. But, it seems to me that Brian has gone ahead with the things that Mike turned down after C50, and Al's going along for the ride. He's doing an album that should have been a second Beach Boys album and he's getting offers for high profile projects.  C50 elevated the Beach Boys status. Mike shot it back down and went back to the touring circuit.  Brian, however,  seems to still be taking advantage of the improved status. Good for him.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 09:32:35 AM »

Well, the inclusion of Blondie and Ricky can possibly be interpreted as a slap at Mike. But, it seems to me that Brian has gone ahead with the things that Mike turned down after C50, and Al's going along for the ride. He's doing an album that should have been a second Beach Boys album and he's getting offers for high profile projects.  C50 elevated the Beach Boys status. Mike shot it back down and went back to the touring circuit.  Brian, however,  seems to still be taking advantage of the improved status. Good for him.

No pier pressure, huh?
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 09:46:59 AM »

I got the package

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 10:13:18 AM »

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2014/11/brian-wilson-taping-soundstage-special.html

Brian Wilson Taping Soundstage Special With Special Guests

Brian Wilson will take the stage at the Venetian in Las Vegas on December 12 to tape a special for Soundstage.

Wilson is expected to play music from throughout his career as well as new songs from the upcoming album No Pier Pressure, due out in 2015.

Joining Wilson for the special are fellow Beach Boy Al Jardine, Blondie Chaplin, Ricky Fataar, Sebu Simonian (Capital Cities), Nate Reuss (fun) and Mark Isham, all of which joined Wilson on the new album. Additional guests are expected to be announced in the future.

Tickets are already on sale for the show.

Soundstage is seen on PBS stations and AXS TV. Brian Wilson's episode will air next year.

I really hope Dave joins the bill for this.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 10:17:57 AM »

Rich P and I were comparing notes on this last week. He's got tickets (right Rich?) already. I was contemplating it for awhile, but Fleetwood Mac took up all my concert/show/outting budget already, so it kinda sucks.

Sure would be nice to see part of The Flames together again. Wow! And the premier of a couple of Pier Pressure songs from Mr. Wilson.

I wonder who's idea it was to was to include Ricky & Blondie. Good choice!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 11:14:40 AM »

Rich P and I were comparing notes on this last week. He's got tickets (right Rich?) already. I was contemplating it for awhile, but Fleetwood Mac took up all my concert/show/outting budget already, so it kinda sucks.

Sure would be nice to see part of The Flames together again. Wow! And the premier of a couple of Pier Pressure songs from Mr. Wilson.

Mikie,

where are you seeing Fleetwood Mac?  I wanted to  see them at the Forum, but due to scheduling issue I'm seeing them  with my wife and daughter in Sacramento this weekend

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 11:43:55 AM »

I got the package

Hope the soundcheck is long and full of unheard rarities not played at the show!

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 11:58:19 AM »

Mikie,

where are you seeing Fleetwood Mac?  I wanted to  see them at the Forum, but due to scheduling issue I'm seeing them  with my wife and daughter in Sacramento this weekend

Southbay, you're seeing them in Sac next Monday and I'll be seeing them in San Jose the following day. Can't wait! The ex girlfriend of Dennis Wilson is back with the band!!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 12:14:38 PM »

Mikie, maybe just do a quick sale of some of your rarities and you can afford the $450 for the package!!  ( transportation extra; maybe sell something else for the limo ride... )

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 12:36:20 PM »

Nah, the rarities ain't going anywhere 'till after I croak.  After that, they will still have to play rough house with my Doberman Guido to get to them.  
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 12:38:15 PM by Mikie » Logged

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 01:21:41 PM »

Nah, the rarities ain't going anywhere 'till after I croak.  After that, they will still have to play rough house with my Doberman Guido to get to them.  

What's your dog's favorite sedative?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 01:28:48 PM »

I'm guessing it's Mikie

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 02:18:52 PM »

Bgas tried that in 1996. Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2014, 07:24:38 AM »

I am going to this show but due to friends backing out I have one extra ticket (possibly two).  The tickets are front row rear balcony (17th row center).  Sec5 Row AA seat near isle.  There is no one in front of you as there is an travel isle.  Meaning you will probably be very easy to see on tv when this airs.  PM me if interested!
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2014, 10:45:05 AM »

http://www.venetian.com/entertainment/shows/brian-wilson.html
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2014, 11:07:51 AM »

I want to go to this so much!  But I'm just a college kid with no money lol.  Anyone want to pay for my plane ticket?  Only $700.  Grin
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 11:29:01 AM »

So... now would be a good time to announce additional guests! Hmmm, olly olly additional guests!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx