gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680823 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 04:08:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson Taping Soundstage Special With Special Guests  (Read 166015 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 01:43:53 PM »

I am going to this show but due to friends backing out I have one extra ticket (possibly two).  The tickets are front row rear balcony (17th row center).  Sec5 Row AA seat near isle.  There is no one in front of you as there is an travel isle.  Meaning you will probably be very easy to see on tv when this airs.  PM me if interested!

You there?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2014, 06:57:09 AM »

Summer's Gone rehearsal!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152899763417241&set=vb.34250497240&type=2&theater

(starts chanting SUITE SUITE SUITE SUITE SUITE)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:59:29 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2014, 08:30:51 PM »

Ahh, Vegas...BW live, miles of buffet tables and shrimp cocktail like there's no tomorrow, gambling, debauchery (if sought), warm, dry air...I wish I could have made it out there.  Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 06:16:29 AM »

I can't believe this one -- just found a casting call for the audience at this show. What's wrong with having regular fans in the audience?? I'm disappointed at the very least, this is so tacky. Angry

http://www.backstage.com/casting/pbss-brian-wilson-and-friends-54634/

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:19:23 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 06:22:20 AM »

I can't believe this one -- just found a casting call for the audience at this show. What's wrong with having regular fans in the audience?? I'm disappointed at the very least, this is so tacky. Angry

To my mind the reason is simple - a typical fan audience is composed in the main if middle aged bearded blokes in Hawaiian shirts. They're probably after a hipper, younger crowd to appeal to te same demographic as the album's guest stars. Sad but possibly a grain of truth.

Either that, or tickets simply weren't selling as expected/hoped…

“We live in divisive times.”
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 06:25:41 AM »

I suspect this is for the "pretty young people up front," having seen that done in the past for television...A show biz reality.
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 06:30:05 AM »

Brian still has a new album coming out? I'd forgotten.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 06:32:26 AM »

Yeah, it's gonna be fuckin' amazing. I shall file my pretty young people up front report tomorrow!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 07:38:11 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 06:39:01 AM »

Yeah, it's gonna be fuckin' amazing. I shall file my pretty young people up front report tomorrow!

Glad you made the cut!  Or are you just observing?  And they say show biz is superficial...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:40:00 AM by Debbie Keil-Leavitt » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2014, 06:42:39 AM »

Just a joke! I'll keep an eye out for dead-eyed failed model types that don't roar with applause at Al Jardine's appearance, tho!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 07:10:17 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2014, 07:52:05 AM »

Funny coincidence: I just today saw a TV show in which a swollen-headed female star yelled at her crew: "I specifically asked for a really good looking audience! I mean, I have to look at them the whole time!" Cheesy

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2014, 07:55:52 AM »

Remember what l said about Brian's management  ? This. It's insulting on so many levels.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2014, 08:00:16 AM »

Do you want me to fetch the smelling salts? Oh no, a TV special uses pretty girls strategically placed up front!  In Las Vegas! I've never heard of such a thing! Alert the media! It must all be Melinda Wilson's doing or something! Or Jean! Why, they are cheapening the very idea of a TV special from Las Vegas!

Wouldn't the mullet be logically the one to point fingers at? You know, the PRODUCER of the show and the one responsible for such things? Not that it would stand in your way of attacking "wifeandmanagers." No, clearly it's all the fault of those damn women! Not the production company of the production in question.

I look forward to your feebly insulting them on so many levels in between rounds of fact-checking Mike's magnum opus.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:14:33 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2014, 08:16:34 AM »

I'm pretty sure I read that The Rolling Stones did the same thing for that Shine A Light film show from a few years back. It's still pretty lame though. I'd rather have actual fans up front who look interested in the actual performance. I'm kind of young (34) so I'd be more than happy to go if they want to fly me out there.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2014, 08:17:41 AM »

I think this is pretty typical. They want the show to appeal to a younger crowd, so they want to show younger people. I remember seeing a concert that the band Hanson filmed, and there were tons of men (and women) up front. Hanson's audience is typically 90 percent female, not because it's "teeny-bopper music" (it's actually rock and roll), but because a lot of men are too embarrassed to even give Hanson a shot. It was pretty clear the producers of the TV concert were trying to "legitimize" Hanson to men. Doesn't this sort of thing go back to American Bandstand and all that? Get the people with the right image on camera.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2014, 08:38:48 AM »

I cried for days when I discovered that the "Aloha from Hawaii" girls probably weren't big Brian Wilson fans. Oh wait, I cried for days because of Joe Piscopo's bit. Never mind.

FOOTNOTE: Yes, I confused the "Aloha from Hawaii and Hollywood" bootleg with the name of the Hawaii special mentioned. I'm terrible and probably get recording session dates wrong too on occasion.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:25:43 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2014, 08:41:33 AM »

Ontor, if we don't get some of your post-surrealist video reportage from this little "Let's Go Trippin'" excursion of yours, I will not be the only one who is seriously disappointed.... 3D

I mean, what's a Brian event without at least something a little zany??  Cool Guy

As for the pretty girls in the front row casting-call brouhaha, it's a big yawn from A to Z. Maybe put the pretty girls up in cages doin' the shimmy shimmy ko-ko-bop? When has exploitation not been a key feature of the entertainment industry??
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2014, 08:48:25 AM »

Remember what l said about Brian's management  ?

Actually I don't. Would remembering it explain why ontor reads "Melinda" where you wrote "management"?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2014, 08:55:32 AM »

I mentioned Melinda Wilson and Jean Sievers because some folks think it's cute to call them "wifeandmanagers." If Mr. Doe is not referring to MW and JS when he snidely blames the WRONG PEOPLE, I'd really love to hear who else he means by managers.

The whole thing just reminds me of his Tulsa advertising tirade. WRONG WRONG WRONG.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:05:26 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2014, 09:16:15 AM »

I'm pretty sure most bands do this

Aerosmith especially, just watch one of their live dvd's

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2014, 09:20:08 AM »

Why, they are cheapening the very idea of a TV special from Las Vegas!

LOL

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2014, 09:34:10 AM »

Gotta say, ontor has a point on this one. Not sure what's insulting about stacking an audience for the taping of a special, let alone "on so many levels." That is, unless someone is looking for reasons to be unhappy about something.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »

Gotta say, ontor has a point on this one. Not sure what's insulting about stacking an audience for the taping of a special, let alone "on so many levels." That is, unless someone is looking for reasons to be unhappy about something.
Well, maybe you're a pretty boy, but I would be insulted if I tried to buy front row seats only to be turned away because I am too old or not pretty enough to be shown on video tape. I might be gray, but god-damn-it, I am handsome. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2014, 09:42:38 AM »

I cried for days when I discovered that the "Aloha from Hawaii" girls probably weren't big Brian Wilson fans.

Given that it was an Elvis Presley project, I doubt very much they were.

The Vegas casting call insults the fans (seems we're not photogenic enough), Brian (his demographic isn't suitable for the cameras) and his perceived drawing power. I didn't mention Melinda or Jean - you did... and yes, no doubt the notion was conceived by Mr. More Autotune, but doubtless Brian's people had to sign off on it.

As for fact-checking Mike's book - tricky, that, as it's not been written yet. I'm good - very good - but not that good.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2014, 09:45:19 AM »

Yes, I mentioned Melinda Wilson and Jean Sievers because you said managers. Who are you referring to if not them? Colonel Tom Parker? Salman Rushdie? Alan Partridge? Drop the coy act and say what you mean. If you're going to point fingers and blame people, at least have the courage to name them.

I said I look forward to it, Mr. Doe. Obviously referring to the future as I somehow get the impression you're going to be making these snide comments about those women for years to come!

Was that confirmation you'll be working on Mike's book, then?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:22:25 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx