-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:04:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Net Neutrality...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Net Neutrality...  (Read 13835 times)
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2014, 11:18:55 AM »

My goodness -- what in the wide world of crap is this all about?  Net Neutrality?  Seriously?  Neutrality?  Zoiks.  Jinkies.

It just sounds like something out of the ole' CCCP.  Anytime a POLITICIAN is advocating for something that includes a word like NEUTRALITY -- you better do your research before you buy.  It likely means YOU are gonna get fcked.  Fcked hard.  And not in a good way.   Cheesy  Words like "neutrality" are "fun words" used by snake oil salesmen to make stupid people feel good about what they're gonna lose --- always under the auspice of "somebody else" who you don't know and will never know --- will somehow gain something as a result.  Not you of course.  Somebody else will gain.  Uh-huh.  Right.

Proponents say it will help keep Algore's Internet the way it is.  Yet, if it is that way now... logic dictates that... well... I guess it already is that way now.  **Scratches head**

The way I see it, Capitalism is always the better solution.  To virtually anything.  If there's an issue -- expose it.  And some company will exploit it and offer a solution to it.  Leaving the others in the dust.  But you have to keep the market OPEN.  You have to allow companies IN and allow them to COMPETE.  We see the absence of this in Healthcare.  And instead of allowing Insurance companies to compete (like how we do with Cars, Soda and everything else) the GOVERNMENT decides.  Absence of competition = you getting FCKED.

Be afraid.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 09:00:00 AM »

Words like "neutrality" are "fun words" used by snake oil salesmen to make stupid people feel good about what they're gonna lose

What's that you say Bean Bag, about politicians/snake oil salesmen using fun words (as you call them) to make "stupid people" feel good about what they're doing to them?  Words like "Neutrality?"  Why that's almost like the word "Affordable" in the so-called "Affordable Healthcare Act."  An act that is NOT affordable at all.  Are you saying they too used that fun word to trick stupid people?

Why yes, Bean Bag.  I am.
Jonathan Gruber - one of the architects of the Affordable Heathcare Lie:  This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes.  If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that.  In terms of risk-rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in – you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed… Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass…

Wow!  You were right Bean Bag all along!  He totally said "stupidity of the American Voter!"  Holy schnit!
I know!  Fcked up, right!?  What a moron.

Totally fcked up.  Notice he also bragged about the "Lack of Transparency" being a huge tool for them.  What a bunch of assfcks sh-t faces.
Totally.  Well said Bean Bag.  Assfck shtfaces galore.  Stupid AND evil.

Is there any other kind?

Jonathan Gruber:  Meeeeeeehhhh.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:05:30 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 09:02:03 AM »

Hey clowns, this is the Net Neutrality thread, not the Affordable Heathcare thread.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 09:02:30 AM »

Sorry Bean Bag, my bad.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:05:43 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 12:47:28 PM »

? What in hell? Did the professor take over your account?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 01:21:22 PM »

LOL

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 01:25:22 PM »

Change your account to "the Castillo" LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 09:13:08 PM »

Cheesy Nah, just eating after midnight as usual.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »

What.  Am I the only one who uses a net?  Did I say A net?  I meant THE net.

Oh, I get it.  No one calls it the NET.  It's actually called "the internet," not the NET. But terrorists call it THE NET, I guess.  Idiots.  And they want to NEUTRALIZE it.

With me?  Anyone.  Fists?

INTERNET NEUTRALITY.  The internet needs to be NEUTRALIZED?  Since when?  Do you Care?  Smokin

Why am I hearing CRICKETS!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:06:10 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

halblaineisgood
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 07:58:30 AM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:03:36 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »

Exactly!   LOL  Thank you!!

There's just as much public demand to "fix" our newt problem as there is to "fix" our INTERNETS.

Now we're getting somewhere!!

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 03:51:06 PM »

Bean Bag, if you really supported freedom, you`d support net neutrality. Or do you support freedom for corporations but not freedom for people?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 09:38:07 PM »

Bean Bag, if you really supported freedom, you`d support net neutrality. Or do you support freedom for corporations but not freedom for people?
Hi Alex, thanks for commenting.  Basically you're misstep is assuming that Governments provide freedom and that corporations do not.  The opposite is more true.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 11:16:37 AM »

Hey clowns, this is the Net Neutrality thread, not the Affordable Heathcare thread.
They do have a couple of thing in common!

Lack of transparency and a wealth of propaganda!

I agree with you!

Should be like electricity...

Everyone pays but no one can tell you what to use, or how to use it, nor should anyone be monitoring (as in the case of smart meters) what is being used.  Neutral use.  Should be falling under MYOB and privacy rights.  

Write on, Bean Bag!  Wink
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 07:41:00 AM by filledeplage » Logged
zachrwolfe
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 01:14:22 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:59:21 PM by zatch » Logged
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 08:55:43 PM »

My sarcasm senses are tingling.  We just need to remember what Net Neutrality is.  It's the radical left's attempt to gain control over the wild, woolly, wonderfully free internets.  Using the buzz words of "neutral" to make the John Stewart seals, slap their fins in unison.

There's nothing wrong with the internet. End of discussion.

And the last thing ANYONE should want, is another choiceless utility.  If you do find yourself nodding thoughtlessly in agreement with Net Neutrality and other anti-choice, left-wing causes -- just ask yourself where do you go if your don't like your power company?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:58:39 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 09:00:15 PM »

where do you go if your don't like your power company?

Deep into the wilderness to start a new colony.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 09:45:05 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:59:17 PM by zatch » Logged
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 04:33:04 PM »

@Bean Bag: So, Government=Bad, Corporations=Good. No shades of gray whatsoever? No room for a more nuanced view of things?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 08:01:06 PM »

@Bean Bag: So, Government=Bad, Corporations=Good. No shades of gray whatsoever? No room for a more nuanced view of things?
No, there's room.  But for you... very little.   Grin

But seriously, it's like anything else really.  Take:  Living with one's parents, for example.  There comes a time.  There comes a time, and there's only so much room.  Growth, in ways incalculable from inside that position, is immeasurably limited.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 07:49:09 AM »

There's nothing wrong with the internet.

...because net neutrality is currently in place.
Is it really? Netflix is using "fast lanes" for priority internet for its product. They paid for faster service.  And set a precedent.  Is this good?

The playing field isn't level.

There is a desire to make it a utility.  Is it a smart  idea that the government becomes involved, calling it a utility, rather than the regulator of the business? 

Now Comcast has "hijacked" a section of its customers' router/modem to broadcast free wifi signal to its other customers without true informed consent.  The customer is paying for the electricity for this extra signal.  So is it free? I don't think so.  Other countries seem to have this sorted out. 
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2014, 08:04:47 PM »

The case that needs to be made (and hasn't, which is why no one giveth a shitith) is that our beloved internets would somehow work BETTER if the government ran it and treated it like a damn utility.

SADLY -- cases aren't made anymore.  Sh!tfcks like Obama just do it.  THIS is why (or I should say HOW) government is scary, Alex.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 07:02:11 PM »

FCC won't release it's "plan" for the ruling the internet UNTIL it's passed.  Is this "the most transparent administration" that Obama promised?  Yep.

Can ya'll smell the tryanny yet?  Listen to one of our allies on the FCC try to get the word out.

What's it mean for you?

• More COST
• Less Choice

Internet Sucking...prepare to engage.  Where were you when this happened?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:10:19 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2015, 01:09:25 AM »

Bean Bag, your heart is in the right place, but the US of A is too complacent and lazy to actually care and do something about our freedoms getting more and more infringed upon....

The president recently enacted that affordable care act law BS which does absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to improve healthcare here, but does force millions of Americans to hand over their hard earned money to for-profit corporations, and nobody really even made a peep about that idiocy.

They could've pumped a bunch of the money they use for spying on Americans' phone calls and text messages and internet histories into educating more healthcare professionals and opening more locations where people can get health issues taken care of, but no, it makes more monetary sense to force every single person to have to pay insurance companies.

If nobody actually gives a sheeit about healthcare scams, nobody's going to care about what happens to their internet, as long as it isn't completely taken away from them....

America, land of the cheap, home of the laze. Keep pledging allegiance to that flag, I'm sure some government fools are on their way to my house to take me out and make it look like suicide. You heard it here first. RIP, stack-o-tracks

No mas, por favor.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 01:18:28 AM »

You know you're living in a country that's in deep doodoo when you reminisce for the days way back when when Slick Willy was getting serviced by some moderately attractive intern Lewinsky.

No mas, por favor.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: