gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680743 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 07:34:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Introspective Lyrics of Today  (Read 1243 times)
positivemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2014, 09:59:29 PM »

I recently stumbled across the song "Cool Kids" by Echosmith and was completely blown away. I LOVE the instrumental track to the song. But, the lyrics struck such a chord with me in a "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times" kind of way. Absolutely amazing song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCzDykng4g

I also have such a deep connection with Imagine Dragons' "Demons." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWRsgZuwf_8

It got me wondering what other good music might still be being made out there.

Anybody have any other suggested listenings along these lines?
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 02:06:47 PM »

I recently stumbled across the song "Cool Kids" by Echosmith and was completely blown away. I LOVE the instrumental track to the song. But, the lyrics struck such a chord with me in a "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times" kind of way. Absolutely amazing song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCzDykng4g

I also have such a deep connection with Imagine Dragons' "Demons." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWRsgZuwf_8

It got me wondering what other good music might still be being made out there.

Anybody have any other suggested listenings along these lines?

I agree about Cool Kids. It's a great song. Smiley
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 04:02:53 PM »

I hadn't ever heard either song before.

The Echosmith song is nice enough. The guitar sound with the heavy reverb is cool. But basically I thought it was pretty generic music with a generic "outsider/empowerment" lyric. It's like the alternative approach to a boy band. It isn't bad, but it doesn't strike me as anything beyond slicked-over, watered down, major-label music.

I've heard Imagine Dragons before, but not that song, and am loading it up on youtube now. I'm scared, because I found them shockingly horrible in the past. Let's see! [Time is passing now] I'm not going to comment on this because I'll just sound like an asshole and honestly, anything you can get pleasure from, more power to you for it. Not my thing for reasons that are irrelevant.

As far as suggested listenings overall, I would recommend you keep an eye on the 2014 New Music thread in this forum. Several board members pretty regularly post thoughts on newly released music spanning a lot of styles. You'd be sure to like something. I can't say any of it necessarily reminds me of this, though. (Probably more the Echosmith than the Imagine Dragons.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 10:22:43 PM »

2positivemusic: well, you sure tricked me onto thinking it's a thread about Side B of Today, BBs album. Why uppercase each word in the title?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:54:08 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx