gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:03:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: There's so many… or is there?  (Read 2641 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2014, 04:01:37 PM »

How many of these random, recent Brian collaborations are out there/looming?

Falling Apart - by Emile Haynie (producer?), with Brian Wilson and Andrew Wyatt of Miike Snow – digital only release?

Last Song – single by Brian Wilson (producer) and Lana Del Ray (release delayed?), reportedly first single from NPP

Wanderlust – by Brian Wilson, on Macca tribute LP The Art of McCartney, due November

Our Special Love – by Peter Hollens & Brian Wilson (producer), on Peter Hollens' album Peter Hollens

God Only Knows – by Brian Wilson & varieous artists; BBC Children in Need single; produced by Ethan James*

Any Emotions – Mini Mansions & Brian Wilson, on forthcoming Mini Mansions album Vertigo

On the Island - Brian Wilson with Zooey desChanel (or She & Him); another possible forthcoming NPP single

Please add to the list if you can!  Thanks in advance…

* incidentally I note this is still number 1 in the UK Amazon singles charts.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:47:30 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 04:11:31 PM »

That Island song with Zooey Deschanel

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 04:11:57 PM »

Shady mentioned this one:

This time with the band Mini Mansions

What is going on ?  LOL

Turner joined the band at the Comerica Theatre in Phoenix on October 25 to perform 'Vertigo', a song he has recorded with the band for their forthcoming new album, 'The Great Pretenders'. The album is due for release in 2015 on T Bone Burnett's Electromagnectic Recordings label and will also feature a guest appearance from Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys.

This is very random but really cool. Brian is popping up everywhere.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 04:16:32 PM »

He's the next Pharrell Williams.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 04:19:49 PM »

Thanks all… if the list grows and I'm motivated to keep it up to scratch, I'll define NPP tracks, guest appearances and tribute/other projects where possible.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 04:28:41 PM »

Well if we're counting NPP tracks, there's the guy from fun., at least, and if you want to count BB-world associates there are probably Jardines and Marks (assuming they make the album). Possibly, if unlikely, Jeff Beck. The song titles (some) are out there somewhere in the "merged" thread.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 11:48:52 AM »

Well if we're counting NPP tracks, there's the guy from fun., at least, and if you want to count BB-world associates there are probably Jardines and Marks (assuming they make the album). Possibly, if unlikely, Jeff Beck. The song titles (some) are out there somewhere in the "merged" thread.

Nah, was trying to round-up stuff being released other than on NPP… I suspect there might be a lot more to come than that listed above.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 12:28:30 PM »

Nah, was trying to round-up stuff being released other than on NPP… I suspect there might be a lot more to come than that listed above.

But aren't the Lana and Zooey (and maybe Hollens) all on NPP?

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 03:55:55 PM »

Aye but they're potential break-outs in the sense that they're likely to be out there independently, as singles.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 04:54:07 PM »

Aye but they're potential break-outs in the sense that they're likely to be out there independently, as singles.
You've got an answer for everything! Wink

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 11:21:57 PM »

Hah, I should have set out my purpose more clearly in the firs place… did I just do it again? LOL

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx