gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:13:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who has ever had a big slap from ebay ? For listing a ummmm you know what !  (Read 25178 times)
Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2014, 11:05:49 PM »

I'm curious.... the liner notes of "Smile Second Edition" promise a "Third Edition" to be released sometime in the late 80's.

I'm assuming this never happened?

That 1987 third edition was pressed in small numbers and is impossible to find these days. The only thing on it worthwhile was that section of Heroes And Villains that hasn't turned up anywhere else (including the 2011 SMiLE Sessions release) and Surf's Up Pt. 2

Wink
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:31:06 PM by Tricycle Rider » Logged

Some of our forum members suffer from an acute form of cynicism resulting in a complete lack of patience and manners in the face of anything joyful or optimistic. Try to humor them as best you can for the time being, and one day, with your help, we will find a cure for this devastating disease. This has been a public service announcement.
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2014, 11:21:19 AM »

Surely, you jest. ;-)

Seriously, though........ my collector's obsession is kicking in full.  I need to find that 1991 Smile 2-LP and complete the set.

COUGH COUGH.  HINT HINT.  INBOX ME.  I'M IN O.C.D. HELL HAVING FOUR OUT OF THE FIVE. :-P
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2014, 11:38:19 AM »

I'm curious.... the liner notes of "Smile Second Edition" promise a "Third Edition" to be released sometime in the late 80's.

That 1987 third edition was pressed in small numbers and is impossible to find these days. The only thing on it worthwhile was that section of Heroes And Villains that hasn't turned up anywhere else (including the 2011 SMiLE Sessions release) and Surf's Up Pt. 2 Wink

Totally forgot about that one! I picked up a copy at the Beach Boys convention in San Diego in 1990.

Wink
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 05:45:19 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2014, 12:00:08 PM »

Surely, you jest. ;-)

Seriously, though........ my collector's obsession is kicking in full.  I need to find that 1991 Smile 2-LP and complete the set.

COUGH COUGH.  HINT HINT.  INBOX ME.  I'M IN O.C.D. HELL HAVING FOUR OUT OF THE FIVE. :-P

Problem seems to be you're only willing to pay peanuts, so you'll have to find a fairy godmother or someone so desne as not to know what they have...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2014, 05:25:35 PM »

I'll pay what I have to to complete the set.  I just can't find a copy for sale anywhere.

(Only an old, now-finished auction where it sold for $16.)
Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2014, 02:47:50 AM »

That 1987 third edition was pressed in small numbers and is impossible to find these days. The only thing on it worthwhile was that section of Heroes And Villains that hasn't turned up anywhere else (including the 2011 SMiLE Sessions release) and Surf's Up Pt. 2 Wink

Totally forgot about that one! I picked up a copy at the Beach Boys convention in San Diego in 1990.

Wink

LOL

Some of our forum members suffer from an acute form of cynicism resulting in a complete lack of patience and manners in the face of anything joyful or optimistic. Try to humor them as best you can for the time being, and one day, with your help, we will find a cure for this devastating disease. This has been a public service announcement.
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2014, 09:04:46 AM »

"Surf's Up Part 2" is a 10-minute masterpiece revealing, in graphic detail, the EXACT meaning of 'columnated ruins domino'. Smiley
Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2014, 08:11:40 PM »

"Surf's Up Part 2" is a 10-minute masterpiece revealing, in graphic detail, the EXACT meaning of 'columnated ruins domino'. Smiley

It's an epic masterpiece to be sure. I just KNEW you were talking about this track earlier when you mentioned "velvet pancakes". I've always found it frustrating that they edited out that small section that can only be found on the fourth edition of the "Brother Records" SMiLE boot LP. Had they not been busted when they were, we would have more than the three known copies that got out. Because I was friends with someone who grew up with someone who had a sister who was friends with a girl who's brother was in on the bust, I got a second generation cassette copy.

Smiley
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 08:15:09 PM by Tricycle Rider » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2014, 08:57:49 PM »

Just a normal smiley thread that starts fine and degrades into total bullshit....

Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2014, 09:20:39 PM »

Just a normal smiley thread that starts fine and degrades into total bullshit....

LOL

FWIW, bgas, the OP started clowning around his SECOND post in. Relax. Join the party.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 09:42:42 PM by Tricycle Rider » Logged

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2014, 09:23:49 PM »

I can understand your frustration for not having "Smile Third Edition", Bgas.  Took me a few years to find mine.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2014, 09:40:46 PM »

I can understand your frustration for not having "Smile Third Edition", Bgas.  Took me a few years to find mine.

You're killing me over here, Mikie!  Grin

I can't figure out if he's mad because we're having fun, or just has no sense of humor!  Smiley

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2014, 09:46:46 PM »

Both!   Cheesy

Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2014, 01:38:59 AM »

LOL

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2014, 07:59:06 PM »

here's your 2003 LP:    http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BEACH-BOYS-Smile-2003-Sea-of-Tunes-12-LP-180gms-Heavyweight-Vinyl-/161476804391   

?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2014, 03:08:47 AM »

That's the good pressing of it too.  Most of them you see around these days have the generic looking "Surfin' Records" label and those are terrible pressings.
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2014, 02:11:14 AM »

I saw this in a record shop in Camden a few weeks ago:

2 LP set on white label and moderately priced at £10.

It's obviously a fan mix put to vinyl but I just thought it strange they would include, "George..." and the promo ad.

Now, on the one hand, I wouldn't dream of owning such an unofficial product consisting of tracks found elsewhere in superior quality, but, on the other hand, I felt to a duty to reprimand the shop owner and remind him that this record and several other similar products by bands I like would only encourage the public to demand more if they were seen in his shop.
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2014, 05:38:50 AM »

THAT'S THE ONE I NEED!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET IT AND I'LL BUY IT FROM YOU!
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2014, 11:37:05 AM »

Oooh, Camden. Which shop?

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2014, 12:49:08 PM »

Freddie's back! Cheesy
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2014, 02:42:05 PM »

Freddie! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2014, 02:49:18 PM »

Mrmoustachioto! A blast from the past! Didn't he get banned for being a dick?

I'm looking forward to pouncing!  Evil

mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2014, 04:41:42 PM »

I don't remember Freddie being banned.
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2014, 03:57:25 AM »

Oooh, Camden. Which shop?

It was Out On The Floor Records in Inverness St. They normally have the usual BB fare but this time they had the above. Seems a good find by all accounts
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2014, 04:07:55 AM »

I've been missed? I just got a little waylaid and haven't been online for a while. I'm making an effort to be back now!

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx