gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:46:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who has ever had a big slap from ebay ? For listing a ummmm you know what !  (Read 25181 times)
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2014, 07:43:07 AM »

BTW...said person who had an Adult/Child vinyl -- a person whom I might or might not know -- got the take-down notice AFTER the item had actually sold! So the buyer still got it. Smiley

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2014, 12:43:30 PM »

GODDAMMIT!

They killed that "Smile" Vigotone set now. :-(  I really wanted that, too - that was the cheapest I'd ever seen it.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2014, 01:05:08 PM »

Geez, that thing has been out since what, 1993, and you're a Smile-o-phile and still don't have it??

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 01:35:38 PM »

For one thing, I was *six* in 1993....

And no, because every copy I see online (other than this one) costs a ridiculous amount.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2014, 01:39:34 PM »

And no, because every copy I see online (other than this one) costs a ridiculous amount.

lesson for the future: if you see something you like of this sort, immediately message the seller( even if it's a silly or odd question/statement);
this way you'll at least have a conduit to them should the item disappear

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »

Yeah, well..... too late now. :-(

Though it goes without saying - if anyone on here has one to spare (and is willing to be reasonable), you know where my inbox is....
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 01:46:43 PM »

If you're obsessed with Smile, as I know you are, then you've already heard every fragment of music on all three albums of the set. Only difference is the purty vinyl, the poster, and the cover. That's it!  If you're a big collector, then I can see a reason to get it.  Otherwise, well, the Smile Sessions have been released and the bootlegs (which progressed leaps and bounds in quality since 1993) have since slowed to a trickle.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:48:40 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 01:52:06 PM »

Well, to be fair, I just bought the "Heroes And Villains Sessions Parts 1 & 2" CD in a record shop, and I can almost guarantee I've heard all of that.  Not to mention, in much, MUCH better quality - and not at chipmunk speed.

(Besides - the Vigotone Smile has that entire side of Psycodelic Sounds material.)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2014, 01:58:36 PM »

The H&V Sessions boot is a good one. Be sure to get the Purple Chick Smile, Secret Smile, and the SOT's if you don't have them already. And of course the Smile boots list on the other thread as a guideline.

TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2014, 06:53:53 AM »

I think I have the Purple Chick Smile, never cared much for it for some of their editing tactics (like that ugly slow-down at the end of "Look").  Was "Secret Smile" just a set of MP3's?  In that case, I think I have that as well.

Someone found me a really inexpensive Vigotone "Smile" vinyl set (with all the goodies attached) so I have that on the way, too. 
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2014, 07:57:56 AM »

As far as vinyl boots go, I think the last one I'll try to find is the 'second edition' Brother one.

Does anyone know what's so different about that, other than obviously the removal of the Miles Davis track?  Like, do they use an actual Smile version of "Wonderful" rather than the Smiley Smile one?
Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2014, 07:35:16 PM »

As far as vinyl boots go, I think the last one I'll try to find is the 'second edition' Brother one.

Does anyone know what's so different about that, other than obviously the removal of the Miles Davis track?  Like, do they use an actual Smile version of "Wonderful" rather than the Smiley Smile one?

Yes, they do. Looks like you just missed one!  Angry

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-LPs-The-Beach-Boys-Smile-Smiley-Smile-Wipe-Out-Surfs-Up-Brian-Wilson-/400788501461?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item5d50db33d5

Some of our forum members suffer from an acute form of cynicism resulting in a complete lack of patience and manners in the face of anything joyful or optimistic. Try to humor them as best you can for the time being, and one day, with your help, we will find a cure for this devastating disease. This has been a public service announcement.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2014, 09:37:23 PM »

Was "Secret Smile" just a set of MP3's?  In that case, I think I have that as well.!
You didn't before, but you do now!  Smiley

Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2014, 12:16:57 AM »

You're one of the good one's Mikie!  Smiley

Some of our forum members suffer from an acute form of cynicism resulting in a complete lack of patience and manners in the face of anything joyful or optimistic. Try to humor them as best you can for the time being, and one day, with your help, we will find a cure for this devastating disease. This has been a public service announcement.
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2014, 05:41:36 AM »

Wow.... that REALLY sucks, I didn't even see that auction. :-( 

Man, "Secret Smile" is ROUGH to get through, isn't it?  I heard Brian abort 12 takes of "Cabinessence", then realized in horror the REST OF THE DISC was more of the same. :-P
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 08:32:00 AM »

You're one of the good one's Mikie!  Smiley

Thanks, TR.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2014, 03:58:17 PM »

Wow.... that REALLY sucks, I didn't even see that auction. :-( 

Man, "Secret Smile" is ROUGH to get through, isn't it?  I heard Brian abort 12 takes of "Cabinessence", then realized in horror the REST OF THE DISC was more of the same. :-P

Can't get enough of the Cab outtakes. It's one of the absolute masterpieces in his repertoire and I'll mop up whatever's out there! 

“We live in divisive times.”
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2014, 06:28:24 PM »

There are just so many outtakes in these sessions where Brian stops everything for no apparent reason, and you just want to scream "GODDAMMIT BRIAN, IT WAS FINE!!"

I guess to him the instruments didn't sound enough like jewelry, or crying, or velvet pancakes. :-P
Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2014, 06:35:32 PM »

I guess to him the instruments didn't sound enough like jewelry, or crying, or velvet pancakes. :-P

LOL

Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2014, 08:25:45 PM »

Can't get enough of the Cab outtakes. It's one of the absolute masterpieces in his repertoire and I'll mop up whatever's out there! 

Ditto, John! How can anyone NOT want to hear how that amazing piece of music was put together?

But "velvet pancakes"? Really?? What sounded like THAT??!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2014, 11:31:11 PM »

Going back to the original post, if only Rob had an online store where he could display his wares … I'm particularly missing the two disc release of … and … and …  Evil

“We live in divisive times.”
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2014, 06:26:53 AM »

Ditto, John! How can anyone NOT want to hear how that amazing piece of music was put together?

But "velvet pancakes"? Really?? What sounded like THAT??!

You obviously never saw "Walk Hard". Smiley
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2014, 10:12:03 AM »

Quick question - are there only four unofficial Smile vinyls?  The original boot (Brother Records), the Second Edition (Brother Records), the 3-LP colored edition (Vigotone) and the recent colored single-disc version (Sea Of Tunes)?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2014, 10:18:00 AM »

Quick answer - the first two were put out by the same guy. The third and fourth ones were put out by different guys.

TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2014, 11:32:27 AM »

But that's all there is?  Like, once I get the Second Edition I'll be done?  (I have the first edition + Vigotone in the mail + Sea Of Tunes already.)
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx