gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 02:09:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who has ever had a big slap from ebay ? For listing a ummmm you know what !  (Read 25249 times)
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2014, 01:22:02 PM »

Yep ME , 2 rare items taken off as per instruction of 'The Beach Boys/BRI- Brother Records Inc' BLIMEY  Roll Eyes - I must be one of the few unlucky folk , as it doesn't take long to find RARE items on ebay does it ?

Shame as there were a large number of people 'watching' one of the said items.

Lesson learnt me lord  police
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 01:36:34 PM »

I remember when you could buy/sell bootlegs on Ebay. They cracked down on it quite a few years ago.

Rob, I assume that those were the 'rare' items in question that BRI and/or the RIAA didn't care for. Can't see them removing any other rare items, unless it was proprietary or illicit propaganda or derogatory in some way towards the band or a member of the band. Like Murry's glass eye or the newspaper that Brian crapped on or some damn thing....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 01:39:36 PM »

Mikie, as big of a fan that I am, I don't think that newspaper would ever become part of my collection. LOL

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 01:42:37 PM »

Na , I sold the glass eye (well a copy of) on ebay a few years ago  LOL
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 01:47:40 PM »

wre you selling copies of the Proposed Brother reissue tracks?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »

I wish , just some desirable vinyl of some vintage 
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 01:58:39 PM »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
was it something I'd want?  ( guess it was on ebayUK?  not certain that always always shows up on ebay USA) 

Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 02:05:51 PM »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
was it something I'd want?  ( guess it was on ebayUK?  not certain that always always shows up on ebay USA) 

Well one was quite common (ish) (of which you will have a few copies of) and one not so AND yes you would already have it (I am very sure) - Yes on ebay.co.uk but was/were listed worldwide
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 02:22:10 PM »

Well one was quite common (ish) (of which you will have a few copies of) and one not so AND yes you would already have it (I am very sure) - Yes on ebay.co.uk but was/were listed worldwide

I'm never certain how to tell if items are listed worldwide. I know when I list stuff, I include I'll sell to anyone /anywhere( why would ya?) except maybe to Russia/Italy, but I can't remember ever having trouble except once I think to Italy so long ago. 
Oops, sorry, anyway, I'm  certain I've found stuff listed on ebay UK that hasn't shown up on the US ebay, so I'm just wondering how that happens( not that you probably know)  but maybe EBay monitors this board?
Shame there's not a section on this board for selling stuff...

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 02:28:05 PM »

Mikie, as big of a fan that I am, I don't think that newspaper would ever become part of my collection. LOL

Don't laugh. Remember the 1 inch squares cut from bed sheets that the Beatles slept in?  And if it had a yellow stain on it, it garnered more money?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 02:36:02 PM »

Don't laugh. Remember the 1 inch squares cut from bed sheets that the Beatles slept in?  And if it had a yellow stain on it, it garnered more money?

I never heard of those!  ( but I don't collect Beatles... )  Did you get any  yellow ones, Mikie?

Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 02:38:22 PM »

was it something I'd want?  ( guess it was on ebayUK?  not certain that always always shows up on ebay USA)  

I'm never certain how to tell if items are listed worldwide. I know when I list stuff, I include I'll sell to anyone /anywhere( why would ya?) except maybe to Russia/Italy, but I can't remember ever having trouble except once I think to Italy so long ago.  
Oops, sorry, anyway, I'm  certain I've found stuff listed on ebay UK that hasn't shown up on the US ebay, so I'm just wondering how that happens( not that you probably know)  but maybe EBay monitors this board?

That is a very valid point , and good idea ( but obviously not boots  Sad )

Maybe a Trading Post Section , save the admin of it - Just people post links within it of what they have listed on ebay
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:40:37 PM by Rob Dean » Logged
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 02:58:18 PM »

was it something I'd want?  ( guess it was on ebayUK?  not certain that always always shows up on ebay USA)  

Oops, sorry, anyway, I'm  certain I've found stuff listed on ebay UK that hasn't shown up on the US ebay, so I'm just wondering how that happens( not that you probably know)  but maybe EBay monitors this board?

That is a very valid point , and good idea ( but obviously not boots  Sad )

Maybe a Trading Post Section , save the admin of it - Just people post links within it of what they have listed on ebay

ie like this  Grin

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221566148037?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2648
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 03:12:19 PM »

Good thing you didn't post one of your own, you might get in deep doodoo

?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 07:28:01 PM »

It's happened to me, many times.  I assume I'm on a watch list at this point.   Roll Eyes

Now I list them on a site BRI doesn't police instead.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 11:50:01 PM »

Yep ME , 2 rare items taken off as per instruction of 'The Beach Boys/BRI- Brother Records Inc' BLIMEY  Roll Eyes - I must be one of the few unlucky folk , as it doesn't take long to find RARE items on ebay does it ?

Shame as there were a large number of people 'watching' one of the said items.

Lesson learnt me lord  police

I've had um... 'grey area' stuff removed by ebay before.  Don't be worried about it, they just delete the thing and move on.  They won't penalize you or anything.  Sucks though because you lose out on what could have been a good sale!
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 07:24:29 AM »

That sucks.

I bought the Brother Records "Smile" (with 'Here Comes De Honey Man') on eBay for $9.00 a few days ago.  XD
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 11:09:57 AM »

Probably about ten years ago someone I might know put the vinyl version of Adult/Child (the one with a fat nude back on the back and the words "Brian's Back!" written on it) on eBay. This person got a notice a few days later that the auction was removed at the request of Brother, and they included the e-mail address of BRI in the notice, something like "surfkillers@some_domain_I_dont_remember_after_ten_years.com"...I know the "surfkillers" part was right though.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
bryand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 11:28:01 AM »

I know of "somebody" that had an ebay listing removed recently. There was an email address associated with BRI. A Google search by this person of this email address led to a user on this board that has been registered for years but never posted.

Big Brother is indeed watching!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »

I know of "somebody" that had an ebay listing removed recently. There was an email address associated with BRI. A Google search by this person of this email address led to a user on this board that has been registered for years but never posted.

Big Brother is indeed watching!

Cool!  What's their user name?

TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 01:23:50 PM »

Ah.... THAT's why I can't find "Adult Child" on eBay.  I've been looking for an LP version like crazy.
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 03:03:49 PM »

Probably about ten years ago someone I might know put the vinyl version of Adult/Child (the one with a fat nude back on the back and the words "Brian's Back!" written on it) on eBay. This person got a notice a few days later that the auction was removed at the request of Brother, and they included the e-mail address of BRI in the notice, something like "surfkillers@some_domain_I_dont_remember_after_ten_years.com"...I know the "surfkillers" part was right though.

Didn't stop a copy being sold in May 2012 Grin

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 03:30:54 PM »

wonder how long this 3 lp colored vinyl will last.... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BEACH-BOYS-SMILE-NM-3-LP-Colored-Vinyl-VIGOTONE-7pg-Insert-Poster-/171520658626   
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:44:57 PM by bgas » Logged

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2014, 07:22:49 PM »

Why do they bother, how does an ebay sale of unreleased songs effect them.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
VanDykeParksAndRec
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2014, 06:41:13 AM »

About 4 months I had my Green SMiLE LP and Brian Loves You taken down after about 10 minutes.  Which is weird because I had seen countless others up for weeks. 
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx