gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:45:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jack Bruce R.I.P.  (Read 2544 times)
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2014, 08:58:27 AM »

Another 1960's legend passes away  Embarrassed
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 09:02:08 AM »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 09:12:35 AM »

Sadly yes , died of liver disease aged 71
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 09:15:44 AM »

RIP Jack Bruce.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 09:16:55 AM »

sh*t............. I got into him only recently. Undecided Loved his LPs Songs for a Tailor, Harmony Row and Things We Like.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 09:29:47 AM »

That's terrible.  His Songs for a Tailor and Harmony Row are classic records.  His input in Cream was why I enjoyed the band, not the endless guitar and drum solos.  Always thought they were better in the studio, where Jack could embellish the tracks with piano and string instruments.

Just getting up...I hate shocks like this to wake up to.  Especially since it's Saturday.  Will surely play some of his music tonight.

Rest in Peace brother Jack.  You left the world a better musical place.  

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
PhilSpectre
Smiley Smile Associate

May You Never Hear Surf Music ... Again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 02:00:37 PM »

For me, Bruce was the heart and soul of Cream, not Clapton or Baker, vital as they were. Bruce was the main singer, songwriter and bass player, who held it together.

A pioneer of rock bass guitar playing and an underrated vocalist and songwriter/ composer, he went on to a varied career after Cream as a respected composer, blues rock and jazz/ jazz-fusion musician, working with everyone from Leslie West (In West, Bruce and Laing, a kind of early 70s version of Cream), Robin Trower, Bernie Worrell, Vernon Reid, Tony Williams, John McLaughlin, Cindy Blackman, Gary Moore (Baker-Bruce-Moore, effectively a latterday Cream album with Moore instead of Clapton) and many more.

I love his Cream song, 'We're Going Wrong'.

An underrated rock legend.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 11:26:17 PM »

what have eric and ginger said?
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 11:56:55 AM »

I Feel Free, Strange Brew - great songs indeed!!

Watson, did you hear this?
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 02:14:55 PM »

Sad news - so long, Jack

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
bluesno1fann
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 03:21:54 AM »

Was hit by utter shock when I heard the news. There goes any chance of a future Cream reunion...

R.I.P.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 11:57:14 AM »

Many people are so indoctrinated in the Clapton lore they don't realize that Jack was the VOICE of the Cream.  And clapton never sounded better than when Jack was carrying him along in Cream.  I ws amazed when I read how much he had to recover mentally and physically before the Cream reunion. He'd been a very sick boy.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx