gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680819 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 01:36:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian & Dennis on ADULT CHILD - UK 1977  (Read 5593 times)
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2015, 08:45:39 AM »

As blasphemous as it is, I enjoy MIU better.  Grin

Can enjoyment be blasphemous? You like what you like. I love the snare drum sound of the MIU sessions, and the singing is much better to me on MIU.

I share these feelings about MIU.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2015, 12:30:22 PM »

Can enjoyment be blasphemous? You like what you like. I love the snare drum sound of the MIU sessions, and the singing is much better to me on MIU.
Then I am a blasphemer, too. There are some tracks I enjoy on Love You, but it doesn't sound like a masterpiece to me. Agree about the singing on MIU.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2015, 02:20:02 PM »

Then I am a blasphemer, too. There are some tracks I enjoy on Love You, but it doesn't sound like a masterpiece to me. Agree about the singing on MIU.

It's certainly no masterpiece, but I don't think it's trying to be. For me, the whole appeal of it is that it's just a mastermind not trying to make the greatest album ever but just having fun in the studio writing about whatever he feels like. It's just a fun, goofy, lighthearted album with interesting if not exactly avant garde music. I agree it isn't overrated. Only the hardcore 1% of Beach Boy fans even know about it, I'd reckon. And even some of them hate it. So...

Yeah, that quote about Brian saying interviews were one of his favorite things made me laugh. I wonder if that was sarcasm or being overly polite.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2015, 02:32:01 PM »

To some it would be. Haha. To me it's like junk food. It's so good, but too much can make you sick.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2015, 02:58:55 PM »

I 100% agree that the vocals on miu are way more polished but the lp is so calculated that my Dianne is shocking because it feels like a shot of reality in a Disney cartoon.  Love you is Brian as he was in 1977, miu is an attempt to pretend it's still 1963.  It is really trite.
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2015, 09:22:37 PM »

The BBs did ALOT of recording in 76,77- 15 big ones, adult child, love you, merry xmas and miu...2 of those albums staying in the vaults. 15 big ones being the big comeback w the big campaign going gold and making top ten due to the 'new renaissance' in rock in the mid 70s...love you not doing well was due to lack of promotion, no hit single etc...and w the BBs just signing to columbia they were simultaneously on two labels, I believe thats why miu took almost a yr to come out.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 09:50:13 PM »

Love you is Brian as he was in 1977

Probably true, but that makes me enjoy Love You even less. Terrible state he was in.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2015, 10:01:37 PM »

Love you is Brian as he was in 1977

Probably true, but that makes me enjoy Love You even less. Terrible state he was in.
You're just projecting your latent depression onto 1977 Brian. If your theory of music appreciation held any real logic you'd be enjoying Love You immensely because of all the cocaine he was taking.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:09:38 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 10:23:20 PM »

Maybe I would enjoy Love You if I took cocaine. I tried cocoa, that didn't work. Wasn't Brian off cocaine when he did Love You?

And what has the enjoyment of music to do with logic? I didn't know I had a theory of "music appreciation" or, in case I read that wrong, a "theory of music" appreciation.

halblaineisgood
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2015, 10:30:31 PM »

I didn't know I had a theory of "music appreciation"
You don't know a lot of things.  Smiley
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2015, 11:09:45 PM »

I didn't know I had a theory of "music appreciation"
You don't know a lot of things.  Smiley

Which is true about anybody. Especially if you go into epistemology.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx