gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 05:34:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys cancel their first Tel Aviv concert  (Read 7090 times)
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 11:11:12 PM »

AGD had it right when he said that at best they might check Wikipedia. I don't expect much from these news agencies. Although you don't hear about it often (unless you're on the lunatic fringe of Beatle fandom like I am) occasionally when a reporter is interviewing Paul McCartney he'll refer to him as John.

As insane as that sounds, I've seen it happen with my own eyes.

These articles are probably written by people who's oldest cultural reference is Dustin Diamond. 
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2014, 11:29:57 PM »

Problem with Wikipedia is that anyone can edit it, and that everyone believes they know best. There's a page I drop in at now and then where the birthdate of the subject has been hotly debated for the last three, four years and even when presented with a statement from said individual themselves in the press saying when they were born, people keep changing it back.

That and the ban on "original research".  Angry

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2014, 07:11:21 AM »

I'm just wondering why there has been no official word, statement, or even a reason given behind cancelling this show. It looked like it was being reported as a pretty big deal that the band would be playing, then it just gets cancelled with no official reason given.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx