gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:30:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson Questions  (Read 13065 times)
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2014, 09:45:13 PM »

I have a few questions about my Idol Dennis Wilson Tonight

1.  Who is Lori and Denni?
2. Are they really Dennis's Former Wife and Daughter
3. Why did Dennis Drown or did he fake his Death?
4.  No Disrespect but Did Dennis really want to  kill himself

I am doing a project about Dennis Wilson and why he was so messed up

I had a fast Life
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 10:52:58 PM »

Briefly...

1 - the same person: Sherri Hutsell, a hoaxer.

2 - No, and no.

3 - He drowned because... some of us feel he'd just had enough. Just desperately needed some peace. No, he didn't fake it. His body was identified by family members.

4 - See #3. Personally, I don't think it was a conscious decision but you can see why some might think so.

Jon may care to fill in the finer detail from his higher vantage point, but I think he broadly agrees with me.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 11:22:22 PM »

Re: #3. Some have postulated that:

1. When he came up for air, he hit his head on the dock and knocked himself unconscious.
2. After repeated dives, the lung capacity decreases with each dive. There's a stress of pulmonary gas exchange in the lungs and blood when you hold your breath for long periods. As a result, he lost consciousness and drowned.
3. It's possible he'd just blacked out in around 12-15 feet of water. He had lost consciousness previously while intoxicated. At the time he drowned, he had a blood alcohol level of around .28 (0.08 is the legal limit in California) with traces of coke in his system. He also had an enlarged heart and liver which didn't help matters.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:28:30 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 12:31:59 AM »

Am I seeing things or did Surfer just ask questions that were actually answered by by other board members without him being called a troll??

There's hope! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
SIP.FLAC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 09:14:04 AM »

Alot of great questions,

Youre not allowed to have a picture in your signature so imagine this : Tony Montana shooting a machine gun (his little friend), but the face is actually Mike Love haha.
hideyotsuburaya
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 01:28:03 PM »

somewhere i'd read dear dennis hit his head coming up for air on the underside of the Harmony
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 01:37:13 PM »

How could that happen when the Harmony wasn't even docked there?  The Harmony was long gone, but he was looking for things that he'd thrown overboard from the Harmony years before.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
hideyotsuburaya
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 02:09:18 PM »

the Harmony long gone.  OK.  what I had heard then was the day dear Dennis drowned was the final day under his ownership title
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 02:12:39 PM »

the Harmony long gone.  OK.  what I had heard then was the day dear Dennis drowned was the final day under his ownership title

probably better to stick to one story when you're posting

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
hideyotsuburaya
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 02:18:04 PM »

how's that?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 02:47:25 PM »

Dennis was forced to sell the Harmony in 1980 to satisfy delinquent bills and bank loans. I doubt he still had the boat title on December 28, 1983.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 02:59:06 PM »

The Harmony was repossessed in summer 1981 when Dennis repeatedly failed to keep up with the payments.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 04:54:56 PM »

The Harmony was repossessed in summer 1981 when Dennis repeatedly failed to keep up with the payments.

My source for the 1980 date: "Death of a Beach Boy" February 24, 1984 issue of People magazine. 

Gaines: December 28, 1983. Dennis called manager Bob Levine to make conditional plans for a 30-day detox program with the hope that he could get help with financing to buy the Harmony back.

SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »

Wasn't the Betty Ford Clinic a well known and popular rehab clinic in California back in the late 1970's - 1980's? Too bad Dennis couldn't get there.  Time just ran out I guess. 

If I can have only one Beach Boys solo album it must be Pacific Ocean Blue.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 06:52:57 PM »

Wasn't the Betty Ford Clinic a well known and popular rehab clinic in California back in the late 1970's - 1980's? Too bad Dennis couldn't get there.  Time just ran out I guess. 

If I can have only one Beach Boys solo album it must be Pacific Ocean Blue.

Founded late 1982. Other programs existed prior to that one.

You can have more than one Beach Boy solo album.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 08:04:51 PM »

Nope. Just need one.  Grin
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 08:34:59 PM »

You can have more than one Beach Boy solo album.

Nah, only one to a customer.  I'll take P.O.B.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 01:08:12 AM »

My source for the 1980 date: "Death of a Beach Boy" February 24, 1984 issue of People magazine. 

Gaines: December 28, 1983. Dennis called manager Bob Levine to make conditional plans for a 30-day detox program with the hope that he could get help with financing to buy the Harmony back.

Said article also states the following:

"After the funeral service, the band gathered at co-manager Tom Hulett's house. "We were sort of having a wake," says Love. A nondrinking vegetarian, Love nevertheless showed up with four bottles of the most expensive champagne he could find. "Dennis would have wanted it this way," he said."

Touching gesture from Mike, huh ? Problem is, it never happened. My source: Mike Love at Epsom this year, in conversation.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 05:16:26 AM »

"After the funeral service, the band gathered at co-manager Tom Hulett's house. "We were sort of having a wake," says Love. A nondrinking vegetarian, Love nevertheless showed up with four bottles of the most expensive champagne he could find. "Dennis would have wanted it this way," he said."

Touching gesture from Mike, huh ? Problem is, it never happened. My source: Mike Love at Epsom this year, in conversation.

Just Mike trying to re-write his history and cleanse his image

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 08:08:19 AM »

Congratulations Chris, you've managed to achieve what few have: discovered the limits of my patience and tolerance. I bid you farewell sir, and will respond no more to your asinine comments. Being a major league collector is no excuse.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 08:17:38 AM »

When an article doesn't just paraphrase or cite anonymous sources, but presents a direct quotation attributed to a specific person, and does so in an article relatively contemporary to the event in question (in this case just a couple months after Dennis' death), I find it much more difficult (though of course never impossible) to believe they just pulled that quote out of their ass. Being a relatively high profile piece, I would think something would have been said by Mike or other band members if People Magazine had written a story fabricating quotes from band members.

The band members (all of them, not just Brian) have been known to be forgetful and selective and try to re-spin things. I can't ascribe a precise percentage to which side of this story I believe more. But I'm not prepared, when presented with a direct quote from a publication, to 100% dismiss it because someone says 30 years later it never happened.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:18:31 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 08:48:54 AM »

When an article doesn't just paraphrase or cite anonymous sources, but presents a direct quotation attributed to a specific person, and does so in an article relatively contemporary to the event in question (in this case just a couple months after Dennis' death), I find it much more difficult (though of course never impossible) to believe they just pulled that quote out of their ass. Being a relatively high profile piece, I would think something would have been said by Mike or other band members if People Magazine had written a story fabricating quotes from band members.

The band members (all of them, not just Brian) have been known to be forgetful and selective and try to re-spin things. I can't ascribe a precise percentage to which side of this story I believe more. But I'm not prepared, when presented with a direct quote from a publication, to 100% dismiss it because someone says 30 years later it never happened.

Even when that "someone" is the person alleged to have said and done what the article claims ? Need I point out that for Mike to deny that any such thing happened more than somewhat upsets the notion that he's all about making himself look better at any cost ? The other alternative, of course, is that I simply made up what I claimed I was told.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 08:58:49 AM »

Man, having M&B as your only BBs insiders is clouding your judgement. Mike might have misrembered or is fibbing to preserve his TM guru master image to a fan like you.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 09:13:16 AM »

Man, having M&B as your only BBs insiders is clouding your judgement. Mike might have misrembered or is fibbing to preserve his TM guru master image to a fan like you.

Wrong by a factor of, oh, roughly, 350%.  Grin

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 09:18:23 AM »

AGD has a network of spies and informants operating under such deep cover that they never get out of bed! It's well-rested gossip.

You have to admit tho, the man does kinda dodge and weave around the earlier drug and alcohol use topic depending on the TM angle/cousin critique he's pursuing in an interview.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:19:52 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx