-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:54:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Beer, Wine, Liquor, Spirits, Cocktails...Open Bar. Discuss, Recommend, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beer, Wine, Liquor, Spirits, Cocktails...Open Bar. Discuss, Recommend, etc.  (Read 81162 times)
KDS
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2018, 09:43:32 AM »

0_A4_B3855_F817_4_C34_A624_B12999126699" border="0

Ah, that's there 1958-62 cap if I recall.  I like that one.   I have an all black one with that bird (1954) that I got as a giveaway during their 60th anniversary season a few years ago. 
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2018, 11:39:46 AM »

Yeah mine’s a 1990s Roman Pro with a leather sweatband and not a flatbrim.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
KDS
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2018, 12:01:41 PM »

Yeah mine’s a 1990s Roman Pro with a leather sweatband and not a flatbrim.

I had one of those with the leather sweatband, but it had a different bird. 
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2018, 12:32:54 PM »

I love wine. Blackberry, to be exact.
I did too.

My drink of choice though used to be vodka straight from the bottle. Funny part is I rarely drank as it was but when I did, it was like water.  Just didn’t affect me as much as others. Bad genes I guess.
That's kind of why I rarely drink. I usually only drink on holidays or some kind of party. I have a fairly long line of drinkers in my family, and with being as big of a music can as I am, I know a fair amount about addiction and genetic predisposition.

Same here. I used to drink a lot while younger, but thankfully came to my senses before becoming a full fledged alcoholic.
I rarely drink now. We have a tradition of going to the Smoky Mountains in the Fall and buying a couple  bottles of BlackBerry wine at a Gatlinburg winery. I like to drink a glass after Thanksgiving dinner.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2018, 03:52:00 PM »

Same here. I used to drink a lot while younger, but thankfully came to my senses before becoming a full fledged alcoholic.
I rarely drink now. We have a tradition of going to the Smoky Mountains in the Fall and buying a couple  bottles of BlackBerry wine at a Gatlinburg winery. I like to drink a glass after Thanksgiving dinner.
I bet you regret being stupid like that Cheesy when you were young. I figured you didn't drink at all whilst touring various countries, performing in choir etc. Didn't you fear being fired? Do they employ people like the kind you were, drinking much? Roll Eyes Doesn't make sense.

Been strict teetotaler since arriving to the planet Earth. Top that, ha.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:30:28 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2018, 04:04:11 PM »

I did too.

My drink of choice though used to be vodka straight from the bottle. Funny part is I rarely drank as it was but when I did, it was like water.  Just didn’t affect me as much as others. Bad genes I guess.
That's kind of why I rarely drink. I usually only drink on holidays or some kind of party. I have a fairly long line of drinkers in my family, and with being as big of a music can as I am, I know a fair amount about addiction and genetic predisposition.

I rarely drink now. We have a tradition of going to the Smoky Mountains in the Fall and buying a couple  bottles of BlackBerry wine at a Gatlinburg winery. I like to drink a glass after Thanksgiving dinner.
To be completely honest and blunt, I could see myself becoming an alcoholic easily, which is why I mainly drink in holidays.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2018, 04:48:45 AM »

I did too.

To be completely honest and blunt, I could see myself becoming an alcoholic easily, which is why I mainly drink in holidays.

Been there, done that. But no way would I give it up entirely. And how can you drink someone's health with lemonade? Or, god forbid, ice tea?  LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2019, 03:42:21 AM »

Here's Peter Sellers celebrating Ireland's favourite beverage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di6yX3yVAtM

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2019, 04:47:33 AM »

Wow. Just now reading RRs post from last year.
For the record, I stopped excessive drinking well before I joined the folk group I was in for 20 years.
I wasn’t a teetotaler then. Would have one glass of strong apple cider in Normandy, or one wonderful small stein of beer in the Czech Republic.
Skipped the vodka in Russia however.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2019, 10:55:21 AM »

Wow. Just now reading RRs post from last year.
For the record, I stopped excessive drinking well before I joined the folk group I was in for 20 years.
I wasn’t a teetotaler then. Would have one glass of strong apple cider in Normandy, or one wonderful small stein of beer in the Czech Republic.
Skipped the vodka in Russia however.

Very wise!

I'm glad my forays into old threads can yield positive results. Grin

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2019, 01:36:34 PM »

My wife and I have been abstaining from booze from Monday to Thursday (booze meaning a glass or two of white wine a day). We're doing it for health reasons (I think). Talk about boring!  Grin

It's like having a sh*t job where you spend all week looking forward to the weekend. LOL

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: