gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:28:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 1968 interview recording and Christmas greeting.  (Read 7811 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2014, 11:06:16 AM »

Maybe Kiwi Surfer is being selective as to whom he gives this to. Maybe he was asked by his source not to pass it around. Being a dick or making accusatory statements will get you nowhere with most people. A PM usually does wonders.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:16:50 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SenorPotatoHead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2014, 01:36:31 PM »

Well if he's "selective" and/or asked not to share it - then perhaps he oughtn't create a thread about it.   
kiwi surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2014, 01:38:58 PM »

Well if he's "selective" and/or asked not to share it - then perhaps he oughtn't create a thread about it.   

Why on earth not?

I don't mind being bugged, it's the sense of entitlement that annoys.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, 09:00:08 PM »

I have to say I'm from a period of BB fandom when you had to dig for stuff and do research. Now people think they are entitled to be spoon-fed whatever they want. I also walked five miles in the snow to school.
Not a record. I used to walk even more. Anyway, let's not take this 1 step forward, okay? So, you had to dig for stuff & do research. Fine. But this is new Millennium, with quick access to anything. It's a snobbish attitude if the older generation starts blaming the younger for being born in this time frame. But I'll tell you a secret: we are all in equal position, we like the BBs, doesn't matter young or old fans. So what does it take to share the interview with everyone who reads this board?

A PM usually does wonders.  Smiley
I did message kiwi surfer, in the nicest way, as I usually do. Only *then* I asked it here. No difference, as it appears.

Exactly! Thank you very much, sir!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
kiwi surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 06:11:53 PM »

I have to say I'm from a period of BB fandom when you had to dig for stuff and do research. Now people think they are entitled to be spoon-fed whatever they want. I also walked five miles in the snow to school.
Not a record. I used to walk even more. Anyway, let's not take this 1 step forward, okay? So, you had to dig for stuff & do research. Fine. But this is new Millennium, with quick access to anything. It's a snobbish attitude if the older generation starts blaming the younger for being born in this time frame. But I'll tell you a secret: we are all in equal position, we like the BBs, doesn't matter young or old fans. So what does it take to share the interview with everyone who reads this board?

I did message kiwi surfer, in the nicest way, as I usually do. Only *then* I asked it here. No difference, as it appears.

Let me get this right. Before starting any thread relating to any unreleased material, no matter how inconsequential or the context, one must have the ability and be willing to immediately reproduce for all and sundry no matter how unwashed they may be. The mind boggles.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2014, 07:54:10 PM »

Let me get this right. Before starting any thread relating to any unreleased material, no matter how inconsequential or the context, one must have the ability and be willing to immediately reproduce for all and sundry no matter how unwashed they may be. The mind boggles.

YEah, I think adding senor to the range rover ignore pile is worthy

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2014, 12:07:49 AM »

Infest for the next generation. I walked to school from age 5 to 18; this generation has Jon, AGD, Craig and the likes drive the school bus for them; the next generation will sulk if their iPad doesn't boot up eight the complete Beach Boys archive pre-installed and 3D holograms of aforementioned scholars projected into their bedrooms to explain what they're listening to and why they ought to regard it as "good".

Kiwi, ignore these folk with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.

“We live in divisive times.”
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2014, 06:58:01 AM »

Weird. I don't remember anyone telling me about "sense of entitlement" when I was asking for picture of Hite & Dorinda M. Quite the opposite, Mr. Murphy told himself that he'll post it as soon as the book gets published. So what's the issue now? Yes, kiwi surfer said upthread he needs time to post the interview, as he only recently found it. But I think it would be better if KS started a thread AFTER he gets ready to share the link. On this, I'm with runnersdialzero & the like who'd share stuff in a heartbeat w/o throwing the "cool kids' table" p.o.v.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
SenorPotatoHead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 08:21:34 AM »

Have I personally been asking for this thing?  No.  All I (foolish me) did was add my two cents from a "devils advocate" position of looking at it from how another might see it. 
"Ignore list"?  By all means ignore me, I ignore most of you as well.  Wink   
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx