gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 01:08:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi from Oz  (Read 3909 times)
TonyACT
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2014, 08:31:43 PM »

Well - since I have just made my first post in another thread - I guess I may as well introduce myself as well.

I have recently been buying all of the readily available Beach Boys CDs, so 30 studio albums (counting Smile Sessions) plus Stack O' Tracks on the Party 2-fer (31 albums in all).

Once upon a time 'back in the day' I had around a half-dozen Beach Boys LPs.  We bought our first record player in 1970 and I began by getting all the Beatles and Beatles solo  LPs.  I then moved on to the Beach Boys who I had liked on the radio as a kid.  I started with the album which was new at that time, Holland, then went back via Carl and the Passions to Surf's Up.  In that order I thought at the time they were great, okay and good.  Somehow I missed the 1976 to 1978 albums and my next was L.A. (which I liked); I also had a Greatest Hits 60s thing and I think Surfer Girl.

Anyway, I sold my LPs a long time ago, and the kids came along and spare money dried up.  Recently though I bought a nice new music system and have begun buying CDs by my favourite artists.  I saw the Holland 2-fer in a shop and compulsion set in, I am now listening through all of the CDs in order (I'm up to M.I.U.) and it has been a revelation.  Yes, I heard Pet Sounds for the first time ever just a few weeks ago, and the late 1960s albums were far better than I thought they would be.

So, hi - and see you soon in the other threads here.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 06:20:44 PM »

Welcome Tony - always great to see more Australians around here, to help make amends for what our nation did for Leif Garrett.

Get yourself into a JB - many of the '01 twofers are still kickin' 'round for $15 in most cases.

A

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 05:55:34 PM »

Hi all,

Welcome to SSMB
TonyACT
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 10:55:37 PM »

Welcome Tony - always great to see more Australians around here, to help make amends for what our nation did for Leif Garrett.

Get yourself into a JB - many of the '01 twofers are still kickin' 'round for $15 in most cases.

A

Thanks - I picked up a bunch of them a few weeks ago which really kick-started this listening journey.  Unfortunately a few of the later ones were no longer available; I only managed to get the Sunflower and Holland ones from the later albums (but luckily managed to get all of the 1960s twofers) - but patience on ebay got me the rest.  I'm up to 1980 now, then I will go back and re-listen to the earlier ones and add my thoughts to the relevant threads.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 06:12:02 PM »

A

Seconded.
Hope you enjoy it here Tony!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx