gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:16:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is and isn't a SMiLE session  (Read 15854 times)
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2007, 03:18:33 PM »

i also notice that A LOT of the studio info is incorrect. Most of the vocal sessions took place at Columbia and not Gold Star but i'll have to dig my session list out when i can get to it to be able to be exact.

Do you have the corrected studio information at this point?  I'm trying to update the Library, and getting the list of session dates is the first step.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2007, 05:20:58 PM »

RE: Interviewing an engineer who was with Brian during those long sessions, that Engineer was likely a guy named Ralph Balantin, who I've tried to find info on for years, but appears to never have existed on this earth.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2007, 09:07:25 PM »

The 12/5/66 "Fire" session is a total myth, never happened... and I can say that with complete confidence as I'm the guy who inadvertantly started that myth by misreading a session sheet. Mea culpa.

And... I don't buy the Capitol rejection theory: there's no evidence that the track sessions were finished (for one thing, "The Elements" in April consisted of "Fire"... and not a lot else). But that's just my view.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2007, 09:19:58 PM »

Don't forget: A lot of SMILE Vocal sessions aren't documented. When the BB were doing a session, not every little piece had to be noted on the session sheet. They maybe did a 3 hour session documented as "Wonderful", but also recorded vocals for other songs.
Who knows, maybe it's true what Brian told all these years: He completed and mixed the songs, gave them to Capitol, they didn't like it, Brian destroyed 'the Master Tapes' and started re-recording the songs.

have to say, i've never heard or read of Brian saying he finished up the album and it was rejected: he's long said he destroyed the tapes (although of late he's recanted on that), but  diddly about the album being finished. can you cite an article or interview ?

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2007, 09:39:50 PM »

The slightly more updated list is here:

http://www.smileysmile.net/library/index.php/Recordings

It takes into account the corrections previously noted in this thread.  Of course, it bears scrutiny and further corrections.

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2007, 10:02:27 PM »

Chuck, you got a wiki for it!!! AWESOME!!! :D

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2007, 09:15:24 AM »

Yes, thanks to the guidance of our friends at the Beach Boys Recording Guide, I was able to launch an appropriate home for the SMiLE info I've collected through the years.  And it has stuff to read beyond just SMiLE.

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 09:32:31 AM »

this thread rules, thanx guys
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 06:40:13 AM »

this thread rules, thanx guys

Agreed – and I'd hate to see it disappear just yet!

I anyone able to relate the sessions listed in this thread to the relevant boots, and the tracks thereon? That would give me an idea of what I've got left to collect!

“We live in divisive times.”
Been Too Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 07:17:03 PM »

i also notice that A LOT of the studio info is incorrect. Most of the vocal sessions took place at Columbia and not Gold Star but i'll have to dig my session list out when i can get to it to be able to be exact.

Do you have the corrected studio information at this point?  I'm trying to update the Library, and getting the list of session dates is the first step.

sorry i didn’t get back to this last year. it slipped down the board and off my mind. this is just October through December 1966 for now. i edited the list from the first page of this topic for ease. i don’t have a November 8th session for “Surf’s Up” (what was recorded?), and don’t have records for the November 11th or 16th VegaTable stuff but they sound like likely dates. i deleted the three obviously incorrect dates and put the original, official, session names, as i have them, in “quotes” and added additional session information and speculation afterward. didn’t bother to change the musician information because it is inconsistent in this list (sometimes it only counts the players and other times it counts everyone including the engineer, etc.). i put all of my changes in Bold. i can do the rest if you want.

-Been Too Long

03-Oct-1966 – 13 Musicians + Van & Carl – Goldstar Recorders – “Home on the Range”.
04-Oct-1966 – Beach Boys – Columbia Recorders – “Prayer”.
05-Oct-1966 – 3 Musicians + Van, Brian & Carl – Western Recorders – “Windchimes (insert)”.
06-Oct-1966 – Brian Only – Columbia Studios – “Wonderful”.
07-Oct-1966 – 7 Musicians + Carl & Brian – Western Recorders – “Child is Father of the Man”.
10-Oct-1966 – Beach Boys – Columbia Recorders – “Wind Chimes”.
11-Oct-1966 – 6 Musicians + Carl & Brian – Western Recorders – “Cabin Essense”. (mislabeled Child session)
11-Oct-1966 – Beach Boys – Columbia Recorders – “Home on the Range”.
12-Oct-1966 – Beach Boys – Columbia Recorders – “Child is Father of the Man”.
13-Oct-1966 – Beach Boys – Columbia Recorders – “I Ran- previously Untitled Song #1”.
17-Oct-1966 – Beach Boys – Columbia Recorders – “I´m In Great Shape”.
18-Oct-1966 – 7 Musicians + Van – Western Recorders – “Do You Like Worms?”.
18-Oct-1966 – Brian Only – Columbia Studios – “Do You Like Worms”.
20-Oct-1966 – 8 Musicians + Van – Western Recorders – “Heroes & Villains”. (probably Barnyard too)
-deleted the Worms session from the 21st-
27-Oct-1966 – 4 Musicians + Van & Brian – Western Recorders – “Heroes & Villians”. (probably I´m In Great Shape verse track too)
04-Nov-1966 – 6 Musicians – Western Recorders – “Surf´s Up (1st movement)”.
07-Nov-1966 – 5 Musicians – Western Recorders – “Surf´s Up”. (George Fell… also)
08-Nov-1966 – 2 Musicians – Western Recorders – Surf´s Up. –? i don’t have this session-
11-Nov-1966 – Vegetable Chants.
14-Nov-1966 – 15 Musicians – Goldstar Recorders – “My Only Sunshine”.
16-Nov-1966 – Vegetable Arguments.
28-Nov-1966 – 16 Musicians – GoldStar Recorders – “The Elements- Part One (FIRE)”.
29-Nov-1966 – 6 Musicians – Goldstar Recorders – “Friday Night(I’m in great shape)”. (piece know as Jazz recorded too)
30-Nov-1966 – Beach Boys – Columbia Recorders – “My Only Sunshine”.
02-Dec-1966 – Beach Boys – Columbia Recorders – “Child is Father of the Man”.
-deleted the Fire session from the 5th-
06-Dec-1966 – "Brian + 5" – Columbia Recorders – “Cabin Essense, Child is Father of the Man”.
13-Dec-1966 – Beach Boys – Columbia Recorders – “Heroes & Villians”. (also You´re Welcome recorded this day).
15-Dec-1966 – Beach Boys – Columbia Recorders – “Surf´s Up”. (also Wonderful recorded at this session).
-deleted the You´re Welcome session from the 16th-
19-Dec-1966 – 17 Musicians – Western Recorders – “Heroes & Villians”.
21-Dec-1966 – Beach Boys – Columbia Recorders – “Do You Like Worms”.
22-Dec-1966 – Beach Boys – Columbia Recorders – “Heroes & Villains (insert)”.
27-Dec-1966 – Brian OnlyColumbia Recorders – “Heroes & Villains, Who Ran The Iron Horse”. (Wonderful also worked on)
28-Dec-1966 – Brian Only – Columbia Recorders – “Heroes & Villains (insert)”.
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2007, 08:30:45 PM »

i can do the rest if you want.

Yes, please.  I will probably have many questions for you (for instance, was there a session on Dec. 11 1966, and if so, what?), but your help and research are needed and appreciated.

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2007, 08:34:17 PM »

AGD and Badman list this as Gold Star-- so, question number two, where does the Columbia info come from?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2007, 10:04:58 PM »

I'm very likely wrong on that. As for the 11/8/66 session, that was for "Surf's Up (1st movement) at Western, 6 musicians including Frankie Capp & Nick Pelico.

Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 11:18:38 AM »

As for 12/11, AGD has that as a Cabinessence group vocal session.
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 01:18:12 PM »

Yes, but I can't think of any other source of session dates saying something was recorded on Dec. 11, so I'm wondering if that was a recording date or not.

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2007, 03:57:19 PM »

10 - Smile session: Wind Chimes/Child Is Father To The Man [vocals - Columbia]

Just Wind Chimes, or Wind Chimes and Child?

11-Oct-1966 – 6 Musicians + Carl & Brian – Western Recorders – “Cabin Essense”. (mislabeled Child session)

Did they record in both studios on the 11th?

07-Nov-1966 – 5 Musicians – Western Recorders – “Surf´s Up”. (George Fell… also)

The Teenset Article on Smile states "It is another night at Gold Star. A group of older musicians whom Brian has never met are there to perform on French horns. Five minutes after producer meets players, the men are creating laughing effects and having a conversation with their horns. "It was just an idea and I'm glad to see it works." "How does he do it?" somebody in the hallway asks."   Was the article incorrect?

15-Dec-1966 – Beach Boys – Columbia Recorders – “Surf´s Up”. (also Wonderful recorded at this session).
15 - Smile session: Surf's Up/Cabin Essence/Wonderful [vocals - Columbia]

Was Cabin Essence worked on as well?  Also, AGD's site says "it has  been claimed that a confrontation between Mike and Brian over the lyrics to "Surf's Up"  was captured on camera."  Badman's book says they filmed the session for "Wonderful" and it went badly.  Did one or the other or neither happen?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 06:52:27 PM by Charles LePage » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2007, 04:34:33 PM »

Was Cabin Essence worked on as well?  Also, AGD's site says "it has  been claimed that a confrontation between Mike and Brian over the lyrics to "Surf's Up"  was captured on camera."  Badman's book says they filmed the session for "Wonderful" and it went badly.  Did one or the other or neither happen?

Oppenheim's reel notes make it clear that:

both "Cabin Essence" & "Wonderful" were worked on vocally, and...

there was no confrontation captured on camera, as claimed by Priore in his Smile book. For one thing the band had gone home before Brian recorded "Surf's Up". To be fair, the notes were discovered after the book was published.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2007, 04:38:24 PM »

Yes, but I can't think of any other source of session dates saying something was recorded on Dec. 11, so I'm wondering if that was a recording date or not.

Probably not - I'm thinking another cut & paste error. Thanks to everyone for pointing these things out.

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2007, 06:32:03 PM »

there was no confrontation captured on camera, as claimed by Priore in his Smile book. For one thing the band had gone home before Brian recorded "Surf's Up". To be fair, the notes were discovered after the book was published.

I wonder why Jules Siegel said they witnessed a vocal session that went badly?  I've assumed, since the band wasn't there for Surf's Up, it was a Wonderful session.

"Earlier in the evening the film crew had covered a Beach Boys vocal session which had gone very badly.  Now at midnight, the Beach Boys had gone home and Brian was sitting in the back of his car, smoking moodily."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 06:53:31 PM by Charles LePage » Logged

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2007, 06:34:25 PM »

Thanks to everyone for pointing these things out.

Thanks for being patient with laypeople like myself. 

Been Too Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2007, 12:11:20 AM »

I'm very likely wrong on that. As for the 11/8/66 session, that was for "Surf's Up (1st movement) at Western, 6 musicians including Frankie Capp & Nick Pelico.

this sounds exactly like the November 4, 1966 Surf’s Up tracking session.

Surf's Up (1st movement)
at Western Recorders
the musicians included:
Frank Capp
Nick Pellico

as well as:
Carol Kaye
Alvin Casey
James Bond
Alfred de Lory

this was the tracking for the first part of Surf’s Up, the “jewelry” session and was overdubbed on the 7th with trumpet and horns as heard in the final mix.

the only other time i’ve seen a Surf’s Up date listed for the 8th was an error caused by putting the Tape Master Numbers in order. someone decided that because the tracking session had a higher Master number that it was recorded after the overdub session. i’ve never seen a session with “2 Musicians” on that date so i was wondering if something new had been found.

Yes, please.  I will probably have many questions for you (for instance, was there a session on Dec. 11 1966, and if so, what?), but your help and research are needed and appreciated.

i’ve never seen a session for December 11th. i think they were on tour again around this time anyways but i’d have to look it up.

AGD and Badman list this as Gold Star-- so, question number two, where does the Columbia info come from?

Prayer was at Columbia. i can’t think off hand of a vocal session during SMiLE that was anywhere else but Columbia, though there probably was one. that’s how Brian seems to have been working at the time: vocals and mixing at Columbia; big, string heavy sessions (like Fire or Painter) at Goldstar; and everything else at Western.

10 - Smile session: Wind Chimes/Child Is Father To The Man [vocals - Columbia]

Just Wind Chimes, or Wind Chimes and Child?

October 10 is just Windchimes, though it’s not impossible that they attempted some type of Child vocals, i just don’t know of it. it appears that the second Child tracking session hadn’t taken place by this point so the track would have included only the non overdubbed chorus (without the trumpet cries and some of the bass parts) and that really short, fast verse that was replaced by the current one.

Did they record in both studios on the 11th?

yes, two sessions on the 11th. the “Cabin Essence” (Child) tracking session in the afternoon and, later, the “Home on the Range” vocal session starting in the late evening and continuing into the early morning hours.

The Teenset Article on Smile states "It is another night at Gold Star. A group of older musicians whom Brian has never met are there to perform on French horns. Five minutes after producer meets players, the men are creating laughing effects and having a conversation with their horns. "It was just an idea and I'm glad to see it works." "How does he do it?" somebody in the hallway asks."   Was the article incorrect?

Surf’s Up overdub session took place at Western with 1 Trumpet and 4 Horns. this also seems to match the instrumentation for “George Fell…” so it has been assumed that this is where it took place. there “could” have been a separate Goldstar session for this at some other time for which we just don’t have information or maybe Brian just bought the time and didn’t bill Capital, who knows? that’s why i separated the “Session Data” from the (Speculation).

15 - Smile session: Surf's Up/Cabin Essence/Wonderful [vocals - Columbia]

i’ve always had information on recording of Surf’s Up and Wonderful at this session. if i remember correctly from the Oppenheim film notes they mention 1) the dong, dong backing vox from Cabin Essence, 2) the yodeling from Wonderful and 3) some mention of lyrics from Surf’s Up. assuming that this footage is all from the same session date (they did film other days), it seems clear that they have all three songs and that it’s a good guess that all three were worked on at the same December 15th session. adding Cabin Essence to this session speculation is a good idea, i just forgot about it.

i agree with the skepticism of a fight taking place at this session. a session “going very badly” could simply mean a lot of equipment breakdown though; i can’t see how having a full film crew in the confined spaces of a recording booth would ever make the session “go really well.” from later reports (i think someone asked Siegel?) the problem with the session was that the film crew couldn’t use anything of what they filmed because it was all just vocal snippets. if it was anything like the more than 60 takes of that Heroes section (think it’s of Soul Made Beautiful) i could understand the problem. what was used in the final film probably explains the reasoning for Brian’s solo Surf’s Up performance that night better than some speculated infighting and thoughts of a solo career, he’s just trying to help the film get the footage they were trying to get.

-Been Too Long
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2007, 01:28:01 AM »

this sounds exactly like the November 4, 1966 Surf’s Up tracking session.

Surf's Up (1st movement)
at Western Recorders
the musicians included:
Frank Capp
Nick Pellico

as well as:
Carol Kaye
Alvin Casey
James Bond
Alfred de Lory

this was the tracking for the first part of Surf’s Up, the “jewelry” session and was overdubbed on the 7th with trumpet and horns as heard in the final mix.

the only other time i’ve seen a Surf’s Up date listed for the 8th was an error caused by putting the Tape Master Numbers in order. someone decided that because the tracking session had a higher Master number that it was recorded after the overdub session. i’ve never seen a session with “2 Musicians” on that date so i was wondering if something new had been found.

The source of the 11/8/66 info is a Capitol Popular Session sheet. Until about half an hour ago, I would have said it's definitely not a mis-dating of an earlier session for the following reasons:

the master number is #58650 (the previous 11/7 session was #58641)...

the session number is #14184 (11/7 was #14183).

BUT... the 11/4 session is also #14184, and on the Capitol sheet, the master number was originally typed as #56842 (the 11/4 number), then crossed out and handwritten as #56850, which would be pretty much right for an 11/8 session. Have to say, the timing notations match too - the AFM sheets says "2pm-6pm, some men to 5.30" while the Cap Sheet says says the sessions was from 2-5, overtime from 5-6 with the additional notation that one sideman stayed to 6, the rest to 5.30. Anyone got any bright ideas ? Best I can come up with is that someone mis-numbered the 11/4 session and fixed it later. Thing is, why would anyone bother, or even notice back then ?  OK, hands up - looks like there was no 11/8 "Surf's Up" session.

I love this kind of stuff, even when it proves me wrong. Accurate history is much more important than personal pride.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 01:32:34 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2007, 01:38:18 AM »

For the interested (yeah, both of you), I compiled the Smile session dates from the following sources:

Badman
The SmileShop primer & sessionography
Our Favorite Recording Sessions
Dumb Angel Gazette #2

If only they'd recorded at Abbey Road...  Cry

Again, thanks to all for the digging, musing and gentle nudging. Seems it wasn't just live shows that Badman was prone to confuse.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 01:46:11 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2007, 06:59:51 PM »

Here's the current state of the sessions list:

Pre SMiLE Era Sessions

April 9, 1966    Gold Star    Good Vibrations
May 4, 1966    Western    Good Vibrations
May 11, 1966    Gold Star    Heroes And Villains
May 24, 1966    Sunset Sound    Good Vibrations
May 25, 1966    Sunset Sound    Good Vibrations
May 27, 1966    Western    Good Vibrations
June 2, 1966    Western    Good Vibrations
June 12, 1966    Western    Good Vibrations
June 13, 1966    Western    Good Vibrations
June 16, 1966    Western    Good Vibrations
June 18, 1966    Western    Good Vibrations

SMiLE Era Sessions

When    Where    What
August 3, 1966    Gold Star    Wind Chimes
August 12, 1966    Western    Untitled Song #1 [tape box says "Look"]
August 24, 1966    Sunset Sound    Good Vibrations
August 25, 1966    Western    Good Vibrations, Wonderful
September 1, 1966    Western    Good Vibrations, He Gives Speeches
September 8, 1966    Western    Holidays
September 12, 1966    Western    Good Vibrations
September 21, 1966    Columbia    Good Vibrations
October 3, 1966    Gold Star    Home On The Range
October 4, 1966    Columbia    Prayer
October 5, 1966    Western    Wind Chimes (insert)
October 6, 1966    Columbia    Wonderful
October 7, 1966    Western    Child Is Father Of The Man
October 10, 1966    Columbia    Wind Chimes
October 11, 1966    Western    Cabin Essense
October 11, 1966    Columbia    Home On The Range
October 12, 1966    Columbia    Child Is Father Of The Man
October 13, 1966    Columbia    I Ran (previously Untitled Song #1)
October 17, 1966    Columbia    I'm In Great Shape, Heroes And Villains
October 18, 1966    Western    Do You Like Worms?
October 18, 1966    Columbia    SMiLE Party
October 20, 1966    Western    Heroes And Villains, Barnyard
October 27, 1966    Western    Heroes And Villains, I'm In Great Shape
November 4, 1966    Western    Surf's Up (1st Movement), Barnyard, Psychedelic Sounds
November 7, 1966    Western    Surf's Up (1st Movement), George Fell Into His French Horn
November 11, 1966    Western    Vegetables
November 14, 1966    Gold Star    My Only Sunshine
November 16, 1966    Western    Vegetable Arguments
November 28, 1966    Gold Star    The Elements (FIRE)
November 29, 1966    Gold Star    I Wanna Be Around, Friday Night, Jazz, I'm In Great Shape
November 30, 1966    Columbia    My Only Sunshine
December 2, 1966    Columbia    Child Is Father Of The Man
December 6, 1966    Columbia    Child Is Father Of The Man, Cabin Essence
December 13, 1966    Columbia    Heroes And Villains, You're Welcome
December 15, 1966    Columbia    Cabin Essence, Wonderful, Surf's Up
December 19, 1966    Western    Heroes And Villains
December 21, 1966    Columbia    Do You Like Worms
December 22, 1966    Columbia    Heroes And Villains
December 27, 1966    Columbia    Heroes And Villains, Who Ran The Iron Horse, Wonderful
December 28, 1966    Columbia    Heroes And Villains
January 3, 1967    Columbia    Heroes And Villains
January 5, 1967    Western    Heroes And Villains Part 2, Bicycle Rider
January 9, 1967    Western    Wonderful
January 12, 1967    Western    I Don´t Know
January 20, 1967    Columbia    Heroes And Villains
January 23, 1967    Western    Surf's Up
January 27, 1967    Columbia    Heroes And Villains
January 31, 1967    Western    Heroes And Villains
February 3, 1967    Columbia    Heroes And Villains
February 7, 1967    Columbia    Heroes And Villains
February 10, 1967    Columbia    Heroes And Villains
February 14, 1967    Gold Star    Little Red Book
February 15, 1967    Western    Heroes And Villains
February 21, 1967    Columbia    Heroes And Villains
February 24, 1967    Columbia    Heroes And Villains
February 26, 1967    Columbia    Heroes And Villains
February 27, 1967    Western    Heroes And Villains Part 2
February 28, 1967    Western    Heroes And Villains Part 2
March 1, 1967    Western    Heroes And Villains Part 2
March 2, 1967    Western    Heroes And Villains Part 2
March 3, 1967    Hollywood Sound    Tones
March 13, 1967    Hollywood Sound    Tones
March 15, 1967    Western    Tones
March 31, 1967    Hollywood Sound    Tune X (Tones)
April 4, 1967    Hollywood Sound    Vegetables
April 5, 1967    Hollywood Sound    Vegetables
April 6, 1967    Hollywood Sound    Vegetables
April 7, 1967    Columbia    Vegetables
April 10, 1967    Hollywood Sound    Vegetables
April 11, 1967    Western    Tones (Part #3), Vegetables
April 12, 1967    Gold Star, Western    Vegetables
April 13, 1967    Hollywood Sound    Vegetables
April 14, 1967    Hollywood Sound    Vegetables
May 16, 1967    Gold Star    I Love To Say Da Da
May 17, 1967    Gold Star    I Love To Say Da Da
May 18, 1967    Gold Star    I Love To Say Da Da

Smiley Smile Sessions

June 3, 1967    Hollywood Sound    Vegetables
June 5, 1967    Western    Vegetables
June 6, 1967    Western    Vegetables
June 7, 1967    Western    Vegetables
June 11, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Good News
June 12, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Heroes And Villains
June 13, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Heroes And Villains
June 14, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Heroes And Villains
June 15, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Vegetables
June 19, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Hawaiian Song
June 20, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Hawaiian Song
June 21, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Hawaiian Song
June 25, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Good Time Mama
June 26, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Good Time Mama
June 28, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Little Pad
June 29, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Fall Breaks And Back Into Winter (Woody Woodpecker Symphony)
June 30, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    With Me Tonight
July 5, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    She's Goin' Bald
July 6, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Untitled #2
July 10, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Wind Chimes
July 11, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Wind Chimes
July 12, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Wonderful
July 13, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Whistle In
July 14, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Gettin' Hungry

Later SMiLE related sessions

October 26, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Cool Cool Water
October 29, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Cool Cool Water
Sometime between November 8 and 15, 1967    Brian's Home Studio    Mama Says