gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:33:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billy West tells a Brian story on Gilbert Gottfried Podcast  (Read 2882 times)
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2014, 07:35:19 AM »

Just stumbled across this, figured I'd share!  Been listening to Gilbert Gottfried's new podcast (pretty good, if you don't hate Gilbert Gottfried) and his guest was Billy West, voice actor extraordinaire, best known as Stimpy from Ren and Stimpy and lots of characters from Futurama.  Anyways, he talks about meeting Brian and playing with him, and then does a pretty funny impression.  Gottfried then talks about the Problem Child music video (which he was in, because he was in the Problem Child movie), and tells a Mike Love story, but unless it happened during the brief period of time when Mike was smoking weed, AND hanging out with Miles Davis, I think Gilbert might be getting confused.  Starts at about 34 minutes in....

http://sideshownetwork.tv/podcastsEpisode.cfm?podcastid=104&episodeID=5304
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:54:58 AM »

Thank you for posting this! That was really cool, I never would have known about the interview otherwise. Great stuff.

I first heard Billy West on Stern's show many years ago, and when Ren And Stimpy came out I knew right away where the voice came from - it was from Billy's Three Stooges voice he'd do on Stern!

Had no idea Billy played with Brian on Letterman, had no idea at all. Great Four Freshmen story too - Billy knows his sh*t!

The Miles Davis story Gilbert told was in one of the books, it was Danny Hutton and Brian at a club, Miles' associate came over to them asking for the stuff, and Danny delivered the line Gilbert recited.

Great interview, Billy West is funny as hell.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 09:58:16 AM »

A really enjoyable, thoroughly pleasant podcast! His Larry Fine is still breathtakingly good and I loved all the Stoogetalk, obscure namechecks, and a few of my friends mentioned! It's good to start the day with the words "Vernon Dent" rolling around your brain.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:01:06 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 10:11:37 PM »

Thanks so much for posting.  I miss Howard's more edgy days.  You would never find "Marge Schott" commenting on the riots in Ferguson MO, these days.

20 years ago?...  

Here is the performance Billy mentions, I had NO idea he was back there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG6YHwjTTnc
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:17:17 PM by jmanley1 » Logged

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 10:25:06 PM »

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 03:09:18 AM by G-8 » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 10:26:58 PM »

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 03:09:00 AM by G-8 » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 02:10:36 AM »

LOL

jmanley...the Letterman performance was indeed 19 years ago, during the promotion for IJWMFTT.

Gottfried then talks about the Problem Child music video (which he was in, because he was in the Problem Child movie), and tells a Mike Love story, but unless it happened during the brief period of time when Mike was smoking weed, AND hanging out with Miles Davis, I think Gilbert might be getting confused.

Mike smoked weed from about 1966 until about 1970...I think it was his minor breakdown after that fast was the cutoff point.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 08:15:14 AM »

Can't listen to this but I assume it's good. Billy's the man.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx