gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 08:18:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson (1988) Alternate Track Listing  (Read 2084 times)
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2014, 07:42:05 AM »

I noticed someone posted on facebook an ebay purchase they'd made; a vinyl version of this album containing an alternate track listing.  It had a Warner/Reprise label and the original graphic art (sans the photo of Brian).
The album opened with One for the Boys.  Melt Away was somewhere near the end of side one.  Was this a promo?  Does anyone have any information?

The label on the record itself - to the side - says "Words & Music," like a special release series.
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 08:04:18 AM »

The "Words & Music" releases were promo discs that included interview snippets between selected songs.  I've got the one they did for Imagination.
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 08:08:14 AM »

Ah... that makes sense.  Thanks.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 08:23:19 AM »

I don't have a vinyl version, but I have a CD version. It is called Brian Wilson - Words And Music - An interview with music from the Sire/Reprise album, Brian Wilson. The # is PRO-CD-3248, 1988 Sire Records, interview conducted by David Leaf, words and music produced by Larry Butler. The Tracklisting is:

Segment One 12:51

1. One For The Boys
2. Love And Mercy
3. Walkin' The Line
4. Melt Away
5. Night Time

Segment Two 14:53

1. Let It Shine
2. Meet Me In My Dreams Tonight
3. Rio Grande
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:26:48 AM by Sheriff John Stone » Logged
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 12:24:22 AM »

I don't have a vinyl version, but I have a CD version. It is called Brian Wilson - Words And Music - An interview with music from the Sire/Reprise album, Brian Wilson. The # is PRO-CD-3248, 1988 Sire Records, interview conducted by David Leaf, words and music produced by Larry Butler. The Tracklisting is:

Segment One 12:51

1. One For The Boys
2. Love And Mercy
3. Walkin' The Line
4. Melt Away
5. Night Time

Segment Two 14:53

1. Let It Shine
2. Meet Me In My Dreams Tonight
3. Rio Grande
That's actually a fun disc to listen to, Brian giving answers in the way that only Brian can.
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 04:21:51 AM »

Man, this thread got my hopes up that someone found a vinyl pressing of BW88 with "Let's Do It Again" on it...  That song (the rewrite of "Black Widow") appears on some early in-house cassettes of potential album tracks, and, I think, on some pre-production acetates, but was deleted from the track listing before the album was finalized and test pressings were made.

Lee
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:22:58 AM by LeeDempsey » Logged
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 08:55:04 AM »

Man, this thread got my hopes up that someone found a vinyl pressing of BW88 with "Let's Do It Again" on it...  That song (the rewrite of "Black Widow") appears on some early in-house cassettes of potential album tracks, and, I think, on some pre-production acetates, but was deleted from the track listing before the album was finalized and test pressings were made.

Lee

Yeah, I would love to have a clean version of that song.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx