gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 06:31:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jeff Foskett speaks about leaving Brian's band and joining Mike's band  (Read 72071 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »

Foskett complained that a bunch of stuff he shouldn't have had to do was pushed on him because of his relationship with Beck. He also mentions about how he realized he couldn't handle the whole "Brian thing" himself. You can read it how you want, but it sounds to me like he felt Brian's management was leaning on him too much.

I think he was referring to all the pressure of constantly having to be around Brian on tour, supporting him, and placing him above everything else. Which isn't a knock on Brian, because he needs that kind of attention, but doing that for 15 years has to be very stressful on Jeff.

Good thing it isn't stressful at all having to constantly be around Mike on tour, supporting him, and placing his bright yellow Sunday outfit above everything else. It'll be fun to hear the exit interview comparing and contrasting both gigs!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:50:47 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2014, 12:09:57 PM »

Jeff F. has now given us his account.

I'm sure there are others.

My guess is if history is any indication they would tend to corroborate each other.  In all honesty though as we've discussed when you get right down to it.  A whole lot of heroes and only a couple of villains in this town and most of the villains moved on to other plains long ago.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 01:35:54 PM »

Mike (and Bruce) come across as total bad guys for the way they forced Brian, Al, and Dave out of their own band. Say all you want about "set end dates", BRI licensing terms, blah blah blah... the fact is that Brian (and Al & Dave) wanted to continue touring and recording as Beach Boys, a claim which Brian Wilson has every right in the world to, and Mike prevented it from happening. Maybe Brian wasn't technically "fired", but by his own admission he was hurt and confused and "sure felt like being fired."

Jeff's joining up with the M&B Revue in the wake of all that, after being Brian's "right-hand man" for most of the last 2 decades ...just seems to me like a really lame decision. but more power to him. he's exactly where he wants to be, and exactly where he belongs.

nothing personal, but I really do prefer Brian without any of the current "The Beach Boys"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:37:26 PM by bossaroo » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 01:51:04 PM »

http://www.desertsun.com/story/life/entertainment/music/2014/09/22/beach-boys-brian-wilson-jeffrey-foskett/16070181/

Great article here addressing some questions many had regarding Jeff's departure.  I very much enjoyed the read!

Nice little story. Good to get Foskett's take on his firing 

One of your lamest attempted gags yet. Stick to collecting...

He's really something, isn't he?

My sources don't require me to toe the party line to stay connected

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 02:00:06 PM »

Smileholland loves Bgas' jokes. Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 02:02:25 PM »

Foskett complained that a bunch of stuff he shouldn't have had to do was pushed on him because of his relationship with Beck. He also mentions about how he realized he couldn't handle the whole "Brian thing" himself. You can read it how you want, but it sounds to me like he felt Brian's management was leaning on him too much.

It sounds to me like Brian was leaning on him too much, not his management.  And it was interesting how even if he could have taken a less prominent role in Brian's band and with Brian himself, he said he didn't want that - to be "just one of the guys" from his previous more central role.  So the only option was to leave.
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2014, 02:14:16 PM »

Quote from: bgas
My sources don't require me to toe the party line to stay connected/
Amen! That's the one big change here. I wasn't visiting the board much for a few years, and I came back recently to see this strange, almost anti-Brian sentiment take hold. Weird...
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2014, 02:16:56 PM »

Exactly, this place is getting odd as an anti-BW BBs board. If it continues, rename this place the Kokomo board.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 02:17:59 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2014, 02:27:49 PM »

They sound like Murry from An American Family when he's drunk at the "Wouldn't It Be Nice" sessions. "Beethoven? I'll show you Beethoven!"
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2014, 02:44:30 PM »

We're all playing the world's tiniest violin for you.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2014, 02:49:34 PM »

Is the violin playing Pisces brothers? Wink

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2014, 02:53:55 PM »

Exactly, this place is getting odd as an anti-BW BBs board. If it continues, rename this place the Kokomo board.

Because not everybody dumps on Mike, that automatically makes this an anti-BW board? The two are not mutually exclusive.

For the record, anybody who has known me for some time knows that I am a die hard Brian mark...I just have a balanced view of things.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2014, 02:55:04 PM »

Mike (and Bruce) come across as total bad guys for the way they forced Brian, Al, and Dave out of their own band. Say all you want about "set end dates", BRI licensing terms, blah blah blah... the fact is that Brian (and Al & Dave) wanted to continue touring and recording as Beach Boys, a claim which Brian Wilson has every right in the world to, and Mike prevented it from happening. Maybe Brian wasn't technically "fired", but by his own admission he was hurt and confused and "sure felt like being fired."

Jeff's joining up with the M&B Revue in the wake of all that, after being Brian's "right-hand man" for most of the last 2 decades ...just seems to me like a really lame decision. but more power to him. he's exactly where he wants to be, and exactly where he belongs.

nothing personal, but I really do prefer Brian without any of the current "The Beach Boys"

Doesn't have a clue, does he ?  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2014, 02:56:19 PM »

I'm actually going to Maharishi's in Iowa in a few weeks. And I like "Cool Head, Warm Heart". I'm as balanced as they come. A spade is a spade.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2014, 02:59:10 PM »

Don't say "spade", that's racist - say "African-American".
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:01:24 PM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2014, 03:05:34 PM »

Hey, I'm trying to Mike Love, not make war.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2014, 03:14:53 PM »

But the real question is how long M&B can keep their sketchy outfit going. Brian and AL are making new music, while Mike is content to tour his solo group under the BBs name. Wouldn't it be nice for Mike to live beyond p*ssy and greed for once since he is far from being a loving cousin to BW.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2014, 03:20:51 PM »

A lot of people don't realize that's what the saying was actually referring to...I didn't for the longest time until my uncle set me straight pretty quick.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2014, 03:24:13 PM »

But the real question is how long M&B can keep their sketchy outfit going. Brian and AL are making new music, while Mike is content to tour his solo group under the BBs name. Wouldn't it be nice for Mike to live beyond p*ssy and greed for once since he is far from being a loving cousin to BW.

Brian's making new music...Al's helping. Semantics, I know, but this is going to be a BW album featuring Al, not a BW/AJ album.

Which is fine by me, because I have an extremely strong suspicion that this album is going to blow people's minds.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2014, 03:27:14 PM »

Exactly Billy, this work is going to be amazing. BW is going to amaze us fans here.

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2014, 03:34:01 PM »

A lot of people don't realize that's what the saying was actually referring to...I didn't for the longest time until my uncle set me straight pretty quick.

I always thought it was talking about playing poker.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2014, 03:36:04 PM »

I guess, as long as folk - real folk, that is, not the likes of us - are happy to pay to see him perform.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2014, 03:39:26 PM »

Doesn't have a clue, does he ?  Grin

I could parse bossaroo's post and disagree with a few bits of terminology here and there, but I'd say I can't flat-out disagree with much of that commentary apart from preferring Brian on his own. The C50 show is far superior to a solo Brian show. In numerous ways.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2014, 03:42:03 PM »

Seems to me Jeffrey was maybe being taken for granted, and worn down in the process. He's a musician, not a nurse. Long may he run.

I hope this album blows minds… but I'll be happy if there's even one track that makes me smile… here usually is, and that's priceless.

“We live in divisive times.”
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2014, 03:44:31 PM »

I guess, as long as folk - real folk, that is, not the likes of us - are happy to pay to see him perform.

The Mike and Bruce tour will only cease I would imagine when Mike Love either chooses to retire, or he is deceased. Or, if the entire organization gets their s**t together and cares enough about their legacy to end it elegantly and with some class and as one united performing unit.

Given how these guys always talk and act, I can never tell whether they care deeply about their legacy or whether they don't give a fudge about it.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx