gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 06:40:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jeff Foskett speaks about leaving Brian's band and joining Mike's band  (Read 72025 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 26, 2014, 03:36:26 PM »

just a question or two about BRI, for anyone that has the knowledge; 

The $$ comes in from Mike's touring. Is there any other $$ that goes to BRI directly from other sources? 

Someone has to handle the $$ that comes in, so I presume there is at least some staff, other than the four owner/members?  Who are they, how much are they paid, and do they perform any other duties besides splitting/sending the payments? 

I'm guessing that BRI pays for the work that Alan/Mark/whomever  perform as deals with their vaults and unreleased music, so that this is also an expense coming out of the touring royalties? 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: September 26, 2014, 03:46:03 PM »

The $$ comes in from Mike's touring. Is there any other $$ that goes to BRI directly from other sources? 

Someone has to handle the $$ that comes in, so I presume there is at least some staff, other than the four owner/members?  Who are they, how much are they paid, and do they perform any other duties besides splitting/sending the payments? 

I'm guessing that BRI pays for the work that Alan/Mark/whomever  perform as deals with their vaults and unreleased music, so that this is also an expense coming out of the touring royalties? 

I don't have any specifics, but I'm sure there are plenty of overhead costs and other streams of revenue.

Licensed merchandise brings in something I'm sure. Licensing out recording masters that they own (most post-1969 stuff). There are surely other streams of revenue, although I would guess far less than other bands like the Beatles whose merchandising along is a huge juggernaut.

There are also plenty of costs. Paying lawyers, accountants, agents, managers, etc.

We don't know how the profits are paid out to the shareholders. But as I've mentioned before, I would guess it's not as simple as Mike's tour pays BRI the licensing fee, and then they immediately split that four ways and cut checks to each of them. I would imagine all of that income gets funneled into BRI and then they have all of the overhead costs, then all their income, and they would have some method to redistribute that income in whatever way the corporation has set up.

So yeah, we don't know how much Brian or Al or any shareholders make from the licensed tour, and we don't know how much of that licensing fee ends up getting to them, or when or how they get that money.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 26, 2014, 03:48:59 PM »

There is no way that Brian and Al make anywhere near the amount of money from Mike's touring that they made doing ht C50 shows. It's easy to imagine, however, that Mike made somewhat less or the same.

Think of it this way. Some back-of-the-envelope calculations forthcoming, and these are conjured-from-thin-air numbers. Let's imagine that Mike plays 100 shows a year and nets, let's say, $70,000 for each show after expenses. (We know from the recent article that a BB show costs around $100,000) That's $7 million in touring net profits each year. If he then pays BRI a set percentage of those profits, say 15 percent, that's a bit over $1 million paid out each year. That's then split four ways for the BRI shareholders, which would mean that Brian, Al, Carl's estate, and Mike receive a quarter-million apiece.

Given the size of these guy's bank accounts overall, I can't imagine that modern-day Al or Brian are motivated by financial concerns in letting Mike continue to tour. In 1998, though, a solo-oriented Brian may well have felt that Mike would do the best job of keeping the Beach Boys brand going.

Clay; I think you are pretty damn close to right on the money with those figures; the notion that Brian and Al are sitting home getting rich (more rich)  off Mike's touring revenues is ridiculous. Now , for me , it would be a grand slam , but I have written , arranged and produced exactly zero records.

I disagree where Mike made somewhat less or the same as his normal touring year. It is my opinion, and its just an opinion, I think, based on logic, that Mike made more , while working way less, and in that process, helped elevate the trademark " The Beach Boys" to a status it had not seen for years. You had larger venues, significantly higher ticket prices , VIP packages, swag, an Executive Producer credit for TWGMTR; how could he not have made more  ? The higher cost of a larger band ?  I doubt it.
Hi Ray, I'd say the difference is that the absence of the smattering of corporate or private gigs lessened his income for 2012. Those shows can often result in bigger pay days than even the prestigious public venues, and I don't think the C50 BB's played a single one. I think Mike's BB's have played quite a few since returning to the prior system. Correct me if you have info that refutes my assumption.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 03:50:16 PM by Jon Stebbins » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 26, 2014, 04:02:06 PM »

Mike sounds like quite the mercenary when it comes to touring.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 26, 2014, 04:13:04 PM »

What's not been mentioned is the revenue generated from Mike's sales of high end cutlery for the discerning single man, that he sells out of the back of the tour bus.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: September 26, 2014, 04:18:47 PM »

All the cutlery profits are plowed back into furniture.
Nicko1234
« Reply #281 on: September 26, 2014, 04:44:52 PM »

There is no way that Brian and Al make anywhere near the amount of money from Mike's touring that they made doing ht C50 shows. It's easy to imagine, however, that Mike made somewhat less or the same.

Think of it this way. Some back-of-the-envelope calculations forthcoming, and these are conjured-from-thin-air numbers. Let's imagine that Mike plays 100 shows a year and nets, let's say, $70,000 for each show after expenses. (We know from the recent article that a BB show costs around $100,000) That's $7 million in touring net profits each year. If he then pays BRI a set percentage of those profits, say 15 percent, that's a bit over $1 million paid out each year. That's then split four ways for the BRI shareholders, which would mean that Brian, Al, Carl's estate, and Mike receive a quarter-million apiece.

Given the size of these guy's bank accounts overall, I can't imagine that modern-day Al or Brian are motivated by financial concerns in letting Mike continue to tour. In 1998, though, a solo-oriented Brian may well have felt that Mike would do the best job of keeping the Beach Boys brand going.

Clay; I think you are pretty damn close to right on the money with those figures; the notion that Brian and Al are sitting home getting rich (more rich)  off Mike's touring revenues is ridiculous. Now , for me , it would be a grand slam , but I have written , arranged and produced exactly zero records.

I disagree where Mike made somewhat less or the same as his normal touring year. It is my opinion, and its just an opinion, I think, based on logic, that Mike made more , while working way less, and in that process, helped elevate the trademark " The Beach Boys" to a status it had not seen for years. You had larger venues, significantly higher ticket prices , VIP packages, swag, an Executive Producer credit for TWGMTR; how could he not have made more  ? The higher cost of a larger band ?  I doubt it.

I think it`s been shown that the calculations are very different. Mike pays 20% for example (not 15%). And he doesn`t pay that percentage on the profits according to all sources.

I`m not sure that Mike worked `way less` in 2012 as well. Fewer gigs (though not that many fewer) but a heck of a lot more promotional stuff and TV work than he would normally do.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: September 26, 2014, 04:47:29 PM »

I'm guessing they also get somewhere between a 60-70 percent markup on food and beverages sold at Club Kokomo.  Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: September 26, 2014, 04:55:12 PM »

No matter how anyone tries to slice it, the amount of attention, prestige, and good press that followed the band up to September 2012 was the best and the most attention I'd argue they had received as a band in many years. I'm curious how that translated into back-catalog sales of their old albums, whether through downloads or even hard-copy discs and albums. Add in souvenirs, a slice of the concessions at those large venues, the extra money through the VIP and meet/greet packages, and a general level of wider interest in the band itself as a major touring act than had been the case up to 2012.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't C50 deemed one of the most successful tours of 2012, or at least placed higher than many expected in the end of year totals for revenue and sales?

If they were not successful, and not in demand, there would not have been calls to extend the tour even more than they did and add some large and well-known venues to that extension. Shame it didn't happen.

You also can't put a price on good publicity and great reviews, all of that translates into more areas of revenue as interest builds among new and old fans. And the new album did pretty well too no matter what Mike thought of it in retrospect, it cracked the top 5.

I'd say as a whole, 2012 via C50 was the best year financially and in terms of prestige and praise (and respect) that this band had seen in many years.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: September 26, 2014, 04:58:30 PM »

Clay; I think you are pretty damn close to right on the money with those figures; the notion that Brian and Al are sitting home getting rich (more rich)  off Mike's touring revenues is ridiculous. Now , for me , it would be a grand slam , but I have written , arranged and produced exactly zero records.

I disagree where Mike made somewhat less or the same as his normal touring year. It is my opinion, and its just an opinion, I think, based on logic, that Mike made more , while working way less, and in that process, helped elevate the trademark " The Beach Boys" to a status it had not seen for years. You had larger venues, significantly higher ticket prices , VIP packages, swag, an Executive Producer credit for TWGMTR; how could he not have made more  ? The higher cost of a larger band ?  I doubt it.

I think it`s been shown that the calculations are very different. Mike pays 20% for example (not 15%). And he doesn`t pay that percentage on the profits according to all sources.

I`m not sure that Mike worked `way less` in 2012 as well. Fewer gigs (though not that many fewer) but a heck of a lot more promotional stuff and TV work than he would normally do.

It's of course impossible to know and difficult to even guess when it comes to these finances.

We don't even know, for instance, what the profit structure was on C50. The backing band were salary surely. Probably Bruce and Dave as well. Brian and Mike (and Joe Thomas) were the "50 Big Ones Productions" running the tour. But then what about Al? Was he salaried, or did he get a cut, since he is the only other member who is a BRI shareholder? If he did get a cut, was an equal cut to Brian and Mike? Who knows?

What we can guess at is that C50 may not have yielded Mike personally a substantially larger amount of money to make all of the other hassles (not having full autonomy, working with largely a different band, having to share the spotlight, etc.) worth it.

I would guess that while the "150 to 175 shows per year" figure occasionally thrown out in the past is off, Mike could easily normally be doing well over 100 shows per year including those corporate shows Jon Stebbins mentioned. And he's right; those shows can sometimes have a much larger payout. It's probably why over the years he would sometimes use his offshoot "California Beach Band/Endless Summer Beach Band" bands for corporate gigs. Perhaps those shows would have a smaller guarantee because it's not "The Beach Boys", but it would pay out more considering no money would be paid out to BRI (or Bruce or other BB's usually).

Also keep in mind that if we're looking at the calendar year of 2012, Mike did supplement C50 with at least some of his own gigs later in the year.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:08:36 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: September 26, 2014, 05:04:12 PM »

No matter how anyone tries to slice it, the amount of attention, prestige, and good press that followed the band up to September 2012 was the best and the most attention I'd argue they had received as a band in many years. I'm curious how that translated into back-catalog sales of their old albums, whether through downloads or even hard-copy discs and albums. Add in souvenirs, a slice of the concessions at those large venues, the extra money through the VIP and meet/greet packages, and a general level of wider interest in the band itself as a major touring act than had been the case up to 2012.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't C50 deemed one of the most successful tours of 2012, or at least placed higher than many expected in the end of year totals for revenue and sales?

If they were not successful, and not in demand, there would not have been calls to extend the tour even more than they did and add some large and well-known venues to that extension. Shame it didn't happen.

You also can't put a price on good publicity and great reviews, all of that translates into more areas of revenue as interest builds among new and old fans. And the new album did pretty well too no matter what Mike thought of it in retrospect, it cracked the top 5.

I'd say as a whole, 2012 via C50 was the best year financially and in terms of prestige and praise (and respect) that this band had seen in many years.

Yeh, it really was like a dream come true. I really hope they can get it together and reunite again somehow. 2012 was a magical year.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: September 26, 2014, 05:07:54 PM »

While the finances are hard to determine, there's NO QUESTION that the group, ALL of the group, was getting the best (and positive) press and reviews, especially for the live show, that they had received in ages.

As I've said before, ironically it was Mike who was getting by far the biggest uptick in positive feelings and reviews from both the press and the normally jaded, cynical fans. I still wonder if he knows how many cynical fans had they heart warmed by the idea that Mike went for the reunion. SO MUCH negative crap from the past from fans was swept away in light of seeing the guys all together again. Especially when it was apparent they weren't just limping on stage so the fans could say they saw all the guys on one stage, but that they were doing the BEST shows they had done since the 70's. *Without* Carl, who was/is nearly indispensable, they still pulled that off.

I have to believe Mike knows at least to some degree how many fans he re-won by doing the tour. I almost sometimes hope he *doesn't/didn't* realize it, because if he does, then it would then seem like he just doesn't care.  

bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 26, 2014, 05:08:28 PM »

back to Jeff for a moment.....

I believe Jeff is nearly approaching 60 himself....... maybe he is cutting back on 'Brian' duties and trying

to ease his own life by the 'less is more' situation... Brian may be a demanding task, but hey? when hasn't he been???

but for none of that, good or bad, why would we be here talking about him in the first place....

there may be the financial stuff also between Jeff and BriMel, who knows......

but no way on earth, does Jeff NOT like, let alone Love Brian Wilson! He is a fan!

Watch any interview with Jeff about Brian...... and you can see the honesty of this man who loves Brian.

Maybe we can see a little of each of us in him when he speaks of Brian......

oh, except, he got to be there with him....

the only difference.

Maybe its time out for some 'Jeff'..

RickB

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:09:43 PM by Rick Bartlett » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2014, 05:13:23 PM »

back to Jeff for a moment.....

I believe Jeff is nearly approaching 60 himself....... maybe he is cutting back on 'Brian' duties and trying

to ease his own life by the 'less is more' situation... Brian may be a demanding task, but hey? when hasn't he been???

but for none of that, good or bad, why would we be here talking about him in the first place....

there may be the financial stuff also between Jeff and BriMel, who knows......

but no way on earth, does Jeff NOT like, let alone Love Brian Wilson! He is a fan!

Watch any interview with Jeff about Brian...... and you can see the honesty of this man who loves Brian.

Maybe we can see a little of each of us in him when he speaks of Brian......

oh, except, he got to be there with him....

the only difference.

RickB

I don't think anyone would question that Jeff loves Brian. He wouldn't have been there all those years otherwise.

Whether the "grind" got to him, it's tough to say. Obviously impossible to know. Based on the info we have and his recent interview, it seems *stress* with all the Brian PA-type stuff more than actual fatigue or the "grind" of touring/the music business may have gotten to him.

I mean, he's touring far more rigorously with Mike's band now than he probably ever has with Brian, certainly more than last year, where they did maybe 30 or so shows total?

He's almost surely already done more shows this year since he joined Mike in May than he did all of last year with Brian.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2014, 05:16:15 PM »

Yeh, it really was like a dream come true. I really hope they can get it together and reunite again somehow. 2012 was a magical year.

I often think most of these guys don't fully understand how magical it was for fans.

The only one of them who has spoken with a tone at all similar to how I felt as a fan is Al. He still talks about having the full band together as if it's the natural way things should be. No doubt that has to do with the fact that he has been more on the "outside" for much of the last 15 years.

Nicko1234
« Reply #290 on: September 26, 2014, 05:18:42 PM »

I doubt whether many acts think that much about what the fans want really. In terms of demand for tickets and albums, yes. But not in terms of doing stuff because they want to make the fans happy.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 26, 2014, 05:30:41 PM »

I doubt whether many acts think that much about what the fans want really. In terms of demand for tickets and albums, yes. But not in terms of doing stuff because they want to make the fans happy.

Frankly, I don't think that Mike has much appreciation for a decent chunk of Beach Boys fans, because it's that very chunk of fans that has major issue with him. The hardcore Brian fans, mainly. And who can blame him, there are lots of blind haters who he would probably like to give the middle finger to. It's that age-old Beach Boys "fan divide"... there's the group of people who mainly like the early stuff (who he probably bonds with/appreciates most, I'm guessing), and the people who dig deeper into the wilderness era and beyond.

While I'm sure Mike (and the whole band) is glad to cash checks from money earned from any and all BB fans, I'd say that it makes sense that Mike, as a band member who feels that a certain element in the fanbase very specifically doesn't like him, would probably not be interested in keeping those fans happy, especially if it means making any kind of concessions to what he's accustomed to. Mike wants what he feels like is best for Mike, no matter what type of spin is put on it. I suppose one could argue that Brian wants what he feels like is best for Brian too, but I think that Brian has a much better grasp of the big picture.

And while I'm sure Mike appreciated a taste of the goodwill he began to have during C50, the interest of control was clearly of paramount importance comparatively. It's sad because it really was just a taste, and maybe he didn't realize how much goodwill it would've been (IMO)... if the reunion and good vibes between the bandmembers had continued, without turning to ugly sh*t the way it did, I think the goodwill towards Mike would have just continued to build year by year, and his reputation would have slowly continued being repaired bit by bit.

I'd wager that if Mike could snap a finger and have anything in this world (beyond the mega bucks he already has), he'd want (in this order): control of all things BBs/personal respect from his contemporaries in the rock world and media/personal goodwill from the large swath of BB fans who have issue with him.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:50:26 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 26, 2014, 05:48:49 PM »

I often think most of these guys don't fully understand how magical it was for fans.

The only one of them who has spoken with a tone at all similar to how I felt as a fan is Al. He still talks about having the full band together as if it's the natural way things should be. No doubt that has to do with the fact that he has been more on the "outside" for much of the last 15 years.

The fact that Brian Wilson gradually over the course of the C50 tour really started to feel as though he "wanted to be a Beach Boy again" was a magical thing to have happened (and of course it had to happen gradually as the tour progressed; there was a lot of water under the bridge, and who'd have known how it would have turned out at the onset).

As fans, I think we have an appreciation for what a big deal that "Brian wants to be a Beach Boy again" concept was; that this was a rare moment that should be savored, appreciated and run with to the utmost extent of what those guys could have done together in 2012 and beyond.  I think Al appreciated it most because he been more on the outside, as you've mentioned. The man saw things in perspective.  I do wonder how much of a care Mike gave over the concept. I'm sure he cared some, but not enough.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:25:29 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 26, 2014, 09:17:10 PM »

Hi Ray, I'd say the difference is that the absence of the smattering of corporate or private gigs lessened his income for 2012. Those shows can often result in bigger pay days than even the prestigious public venues, and I don't think the C50 BB's played a single one. I think Mike's BB's have played quite a few since returning to the prior system. Correct me if you have info that refutes my assumption.

Hi Jon;

Just got in and saw your post.

I don't have any info about any corporate or private gigs that Mike played pre C50 , during C50 or post C50. I was alluding to the 70 plus gigs that comprise C50 ; not taking any corporate or private gigs into account. 
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 27, 2014, 08:48:10 AM »

Elliott Lott is the President of BRI and has been for about 25 years. Before that he had other positions in the BB organization.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: September 27, 2014, 11:22:19 AM »

Absolutely self evident. All of the essential information is here, from the demise of C50 to today.

As someone whose first language isn't English, may I ask if you mean IYO Howie Edelsons's view is correct? Which seems to be, if I get it correctly, that Jeff joined Mike's band to annoy Melinda? If I got it all wrong, I apologize.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 27, 2014, 02:41:55 PM »

I like to get paid for the work I do, too. Never thought that was a problem for anybody.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 27, 2014, 03:09:12 PM »

I like to get paid for the work I do, too. Never thought that was a problem for anybody.

I agree. We talk a lot about how other people could or should sacrifice, but in our own lives most of us do all we can financially. The guy making $30k tries to make $35k; the guy at $300k goes for $350k; and the guy at $3 million goes for $3.5 million. Right or wrong, that's real. Whether someone "needs it" is irrelevant.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 28, 2014, 12:47:41 AM »

While the finances are hard to determine, there's NO QUESTION that the group, ALL of the group, was getting the best (and positive) press and reviews, especially for the live show, that they had received in ages.

As I've said before, ironically it was Mike who was getting by far the biggest uptick in positive feelings and reviews from both the press and the normally jaded, cynical fans. I still wonder if he knows how many cynical fans had they heart warmed by the idea that Mike went for the reunion. SO MUCH negative crap from the past from fans was swept away in light of seeing the guys all together again. Especially when it was apparent they weren't just limping on stage so the fans could say they saw all the guys on one stage, but that they were doing the BEST shows they had done since the 70's. *Without* Carl, who was/is nearly indispensable, they still pulled that off.

I have to believe Mike knows at least to some degree how many fans he re-won by doing the tour. I almost sometimes hope he *doesn't/didn't* realize it, because if he does, then it would then seem like he just doesn't care.  

He most certainly doesn't care.  Mike sees the C50 tour almost as charity!  He did that for US, the fans, not for himself... which is why he's in no big hurry to do it again.  Even if he made more money on the tour, he had to take more of a backseat than he's comfortable with.  Bruce has told stories about how cheap Mike is on the road, etc. and i'm sure the way the tour was operated drove him up the wall.  He's just more content doing his smaller version of the BB's that he controls everything, then he is when a part of a much larger setup with Brian and everybody involved. 

it's always been ironic to me that people don't realize that Mike stepped way out of his comfort zone to do the C50 tour, the only reason he did that was out of love for Brian, and for the fans.  I'm dead serious about that, too. 

He got that out of his system, and now he's back to his standard default ways of doing what's comfortable for him. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2014, 12:51:06 AM »

Keep in mind, as ridiculous as it may sound, that Jeff likely also loves Mike Love!  He's a superfan, he's known Mike for years, maybe he wants to work with Mike for awhile?  Jeff strikes me as a very honest, agreeable guy.  Ultimately, he also strikes me as a guy who likes touring and performing... which Brian isn't doing as much anymore.  Joining up with Mike is a good way to do what he loves and be part of the Beach Boys 'thing', and get to work a lot. 
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx