-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:07:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  If you could travel anywhere overseas which places would you go?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If you could travel anywhere overseas which places would you go?  (Read 12594 times)
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 09:13:43 AM »

Yes, you have said lots of dumb things here (we all have) but this is one of the top five dumbest. Of course, that's only my opinion, not a "fact".
Didn't know you keep stats for dumbest things too. Anyway, I admit that I'm biased, but this is one of those cases when my "biased" coincides with the fact. There is a good reason why even folks who hate America still name one of the California cities/places as one of their favorite travel spots. F.ex., well-known Russian fashion historian (see, he is historian like you, just in other field) Alexander Vasiliev who's lived in France for 20+ yrs. And don't get me started on the list of songs dedicated to California & not only from native musicians. It's the most popular state, which also for a reason. Think about it.

Sure, every state has its charms & beauties & huge impact & stuff, I like a few myself. Still, California is #1.
RangeRoverA1 - don't worry about the well-meaning critics! I suspect Andrew's bark is worse than his bite.  Wink

If you dream of visiting The Golden State and want to travel east, then read and learn all you can and make a list of all the places that inspire you.  I've only been once, but saw San Diego, Anaheim (for Disney of course with my then two year old) and San Francisco and Carmel, driving around...

One day, you just may get there... Brian, Dennis, & Carl

Maybe just get a boat to sail and take off headed there on your own
A plane gets you there quicker!   LOL
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 04:19:32 PM »

Yes, you have said lots of dumb things here (we all have) but this is one of the top five dumbest. Of course, that's only my opinion, not a "fact".
Didn't know you keep stats for dumbest things too. Anyway, I admit that I'm biased, but this is one of those cases when my "biased" coincides with the fact. There is a good reason why even folks who hate America still name one of the California cities/places as one of their favorite travel spots. F.ex., well-known Russian fashion historian (see, he is historian like you, just in other field) Alexander Vasiliev who's lived in France for 20+ yrs. And don't get me started on the list of songs dedicated to California & not only from native musicians. It's the most popular state, which also for a reason. Think about it.

Sure, every state has its charms & beauties & huge impact & stuff, I like a few myself. Still, California is #1.
RangeRoverA1 - don't worry about the well-meaning critics! I suspect Andrew's bark is worse than his bite.  Wink

If you dream of visiting The Golden State and want to travel east, then read and learn all you can and make a list of all the places that inspire you.  I've only been once, but saw San Diego, Anaheim (for Disney of course with my then two year old) and San Francisco and Carmel, driving around...

One day, you just may get there... Brian, Dennis, & Carl

Maybe just get a boat to sail and take off headed there on your own
A plane gets you there quicker!   LOL

It's all about the journey, not how fast you arrive

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 09:07:15 PM »

Thing is, going on the boat is a drag. No conveniences like if you jet off where you can have nice pillow, round window, DVD viewing, candies for free; might as well steal the headset & /or plastic tea set. And to top it off - lots of adrenaline during setting off/landing! I love that noise. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 06:39:42 AM »

Thing is, going on the boat is a drag. No conveniences like if you jet off where you can have nice pillow, round window, DVD viewing, candies for free; might as well steal the headset & /or plastic tea set. And to top it off - lots of adrenaline during setting off/landing! I love that noise. 3D

Agreed!  Wink
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 01:57:38 PM »

Agreed!  Wink

Whatever in the world are you both on about? 
Ctruise ships have SO many more pillows and round windows than big old jet airliners( which usually have sqaure windows), plus not only DVD viewing but live bands ( The Big Red cruise) and so much ever-present food, it's almost like an all-inclusive!  If you want noise, go down to the engine room and listen to the diesels....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2015, 02:57:55 PM »

Agreed!  Wink

Whatever in the world are you both on about? 
Ctruise ships have SO many more pillows and round windows than big old jet airliners( which usually have sqaure windows), plus not only DVD viewing but live bands ( The Big Red cruise) and so much ever-present food, it's almost like an all-inclusive!  If you want noise, go down to the engine room and listen to the diesels....
Did you mean the Big Red Disney Boat? I've been on that cruise with my kids, but I don't think it sails from Russia? I didn't think RangeRoverA1 mentioned a cruise ship... Wink 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2015, 09:59:43 PM »

My bad. Should of said I don't like travelling by water. Cruise ship, mini fisher boat - it's all the same to me, i.e. boring. Was in a ship twice & nothing cool about it.

big old jet airliners( which usually have sqaure windows)
Wow, I'd love to be in a plane with square windows! That's my favorite geometric figure!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2015, 11:53:04 PM »

My bad. Should of said I don't like travelling by water. Cruise ship, mini fisher boat - it's all the same to me, i.e. boring. Was in a ship twice & nothing cool about it.

big old jet airliners( which usually have sqaure windows)
Wow, I'd love to be in a plane with square windows! That's my favorite geometric figure!

LOL  WTH?   
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2015, 10:04:10 AM »

What... no one want to go to Iran?  Russia?  Afghanistan?  Syria?  Iraq?

LOL

How 'bout Yemen?  Libya?  Sh-t... Egypt?

LOL LOL LOL

Me, I'd opt for Kansas. where my friend lives. Nothing south of Spain or east of Pete anyway.   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: