-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:17:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  June Cleaver and reality
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: June Cleaver and reality  (Read 4381 times)
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2014, 09:46:34 AM »

Hi all,

Around the time of her death the woman who played June Cleaver gave an interview.  She said that her life is nothning like June's.  She said that most real life problems aren't solved in half an hour and linger for quite some time.  She also spoke about how June served dinner in heels and pearls.  She also said that most women don't do that.  I remember Mom being in her robe at dinner time at least twice a week.  Barbara is amazed how many people want the Cleavers.  If any of you want to find that interview online feel free to.  The reality is that problems aren't solved fast.  Also, there are fights off line and online.  June Cleaver is a fictional person.  Joan Crawford did exist.  Emily Thorne is not real.  Emily VanCamp is.  The events in LITB are fiction.  Robin Williams really did kill himself.  That terrorist group does exist.  Truth is stranger than fiction.  Yet watch out for those who make things worse than they have to be.  LITB was a cute and entertaining show.  Whatever President Obama talks about on TV is really happening.  Shows such as LITB, Castle, Mom and Law & Order are entertainment.  A nice way to relax.  Yet reality is there after you turn off the TV.  What Brian went through was real.  The words on LITB were on a script.  We really say what we say online. 

Happy Reading to all!!!     
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »

I agree. Reality can be stressful and scary at times. That's why I like them old shows. It transports you to another world for a while.
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 02:05:58 PM »

Great post Mary, and I completely agree with you. Every day I can't help but think of the horror that goes on in this world. Reality is very scary sometimes. June Cleaver's reality is like nobody's reality. Certainly not like mine, or my parents', or my grandparents' and so on.

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:26:36 PM »

Whatever President Obama talks about on TV is really happening.

Eeeeee.  That really depends on the day.

halblaineisgood
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 11:50:10 AM »

What we say online is june cleaver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: