-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:14:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Other Message Boards / Forums?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Other Message Boards / Forums?  (Read 7967 times)
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2006, 01:00:51 PM »

What other message boards do you visit?

This is the only one I actually post on. I'm thinking of jumping ships.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 01:15:07 PM »

shut down vol 2 and smile shop are nice.  some of the other BB sites seem to have a lot of backbiting and bullshit

things have been sort of scattered in recent months....people going around to different sites
Jason
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 01:21:46 PM »

All BB sites have backbiting and bullshit. They're frequented by people, people are full of both.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 01:23:19 PM »

some are little of anything else.

Susan's site is the most civilized overall.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 01:46:14 PM »

I used to visit my band's message board all the time. It was a great board. But we broke up and it got hacked, so...

I read and sometimes visit the blueboard, but, you know... There are some really nice people there and it was a good place for me to cut my teeth, I guess you could say. But I don't bother much anymore.

I'm on Susan's, but not much.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 02:53:54 PM »

Any non-BBoys related sites?

Not that I'm trying to pry into everyone's business; just looking for a new doorway into something else.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 03:20:47 PM »

I post at a Kingston Trio message board, a Misfits message board, a TaB message board, a message board that's made up of certain people from my town, and rarely I go to a Mario message board, a John Denver message board, and a Birds of Prey (a short-lived Batman TV show) message board.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 03:49:39 PM by Aegir » Logged

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 11:26:11 PM »

Kingston Trio message board

WHAT?Huh?!!!!!

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
scooter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 08:57:05 PM »

All BB sites have backbiting and bullshit. They're frequented by people, people are full of both.

couldn't have said it better...5 BB sites, one Roches site, a Elvis Costello site and Thrasher's Wheat (Neil Young)--
that's probably enough, right ? The Spam hit the fan when Neil released LIVING WITH WAR--talk about backbiting and bullshit...wow...

I know a lot and I know there's a lot I don't know
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 08:59:36 AM »

Uhm...here...Detroittigers.com occassionally...Scope out some XTC site once in a while...and maybe look at ESPN boards, but they're without moderators so its flooded with foolishness.

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 10:27:17 PM »

Kingston Trio message board

WHAT?Huh?!!!!!
Um?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
wind chime
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 04:28:50 PM »

This and Smile Shop...sort of one and the same anyway...

Watcher of the skies...watcher of all...
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 11:36:23 PM »

Oh, I forgot, I also post sometimes on my college's Science Fiction & Comic Book Club message board, and a goth message board, and a PT Cruiser message board

Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 02:50:56 AM »

This and Smile Shop...sort of one and the same anyway...

Grin

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Cabana Boy
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 09:13:49 AM »

Apart from ShutDownVolII, the Shop, here...and with Ego just not the same anymore...I frequent one other board. It's quite quiet, yet no secret, fun, and the people are real easy to relate to and not hung-up.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 10:23:27 AM »

Cabin boy ( Grin), which site are you referring to ?
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 05:30:10 AM »

Odd that this thread was abandoned so long ago, as the subject matter is of all time.

For years I used to enjoy posting at just one BB board----indeed, I'm still the most prolific poster there by far. Two or three years ago, the difference in approach between its two moderators became so great that one of them left. Unfortunately he was the "glue" that held it all together and despite an "Indian Summer" a year or so back this was followed by a mass exodus (and, regrettably, three suspensions). Some still post at the modest FreeForums board we then set up. Good to see the SS MB is thriving. Although the FreeForums board is my main home, this one makes a welcome and most informative addition. :=)   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 08:50:58 PM »

I mostly come here for BBs related stuff. Once in a great while will hit up bbs.com or shut down boards. Used to sometimes post at a Barenaked Ladies board until it went offline.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 09:09:59 PM »

I used to be very regular at Susan's but it's duller than dishwater these days so I don't go there much. I posted for awhile on IMDb (I'm a big lover of classic film) but my interest comes and goes there.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: