-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:09:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Doomsday Preppers
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doomsday Preppers  (Read 3388 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2014, 09:59:08 PM »

Does anybody watch this show? It's amazing.
I want to build a bunker out in the wilderness now.

There's also that one weird episode where a guy brings over this girl that he's never met before from South America to marry under false pretenses because he thinks having a wife will increase his chances for survival after doomsday. She's a mail order bride, by the way. It's super uncomfortable to watch.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:03:22 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 10:10:46 PM »

I never thought in a million years that doomsday preppers would get their own show...but then again, most everything on the "History Channel" is conspiracy theories and related gobbledegook, so maybe I was wrong!

It's fun to watch maybe once, like most reality shows.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 12:11:48 AM »

The History Channel programme I've got hooked on is Ancient Aliens.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 09:23:20 AM »

I never thought in a million years that doomsday preppers would get their own show...but then again, most everything on the "History Channel" is conspiracy theories and related gobbledegook, so maybe I was wrong!

I think the worst is TLC -- once known as the The Learning Channel.  Tain't much learnin' going on there!

Though I think most channels are catching up to it.  I remember thinking how bad TLC was -- only to find out they really did know who their market was.  They know their business.  And they knew just who still watches TV -- and NO... it ain't people wantin' to learn.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 12:52:11 PM »

Well, this is a great thread so far.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 02:54:23 PM »

I think the worst is TLC -- once known as the The Learning Channel.  Tain't much learnin' going on there!

Though I think most channels are catching up to it.  I remember thinking how bad TLC was -- only to find out they really did know who their market was.  They know their business.  And they knew just who still watches TV -- and NO... it ain't people wantin' to learn.

Here's a rarity: I agree with Bean Bag. The few channels that were once at least sort-of useful for informative documentaries are overwhelmingly fodder for empty-headed fun (which is fine, it's just a shame to lose anything resembling informative channels for yet more of it) and conspiracy theorizing morons.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 03:03:31 PM »

To its credit, the Science Channel remained remarkably informative despite using conceptual-type programming more and more.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 04:34:42 PM »

When the show first came on, i thought the title was Doomsday PEPPERS,  and was expecting a documentary on ghost peppers lol

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: