gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:15:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hypehat got drunk and reviewed the new U2 album  (Read 8283 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2014, 08:54:49 PM »

that a massive corporation decided to force upon me.
In other words, you spit it out on the album BECAUSE someone forced it on you? Why not report Apple Inc. directly? Doubt any of their heads read this board. That said, it's still not a big deal.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2014, 09:15:53 PM »

yeah, why bother with criticism, no-one of note's going to read it. I should just be happy that my phone company forced an album upon me.

In case it wasn't clear, if you have an itunes account you have this album. It's in your cloud. You can't get rid of it.

But no, let's just blindly accept this.

I don't know if this wasn't clear but I would not have paid this album any mind if it wasn't for the fact that APPLE FORCED IT ON ME. I CAN NEVER DELETE THIS ALBUM.

If i hate it, and all the business practices that made this come to be, guess I'm just ungrateful.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 09:21:23 PM »

In case it wasn't clear, if you have an itunes account you have this album. It's in your cloud. You can't get rid of it.

But no, let's just blindly accept this.
I got it previously, but I still don't see what's bad. You don't lose or win anything with that. It's basically your playlist PLUS 1 tiny U2 album, which you can easily pass by & go listen to any 1000s of your tracks. So yes, accept it & move on. Lighten up.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 09:32:38 PM »

You don't care, do you? Apathy is how all the bad sh*t in the world gets a free pass.

I dislike the precedent this sets - every year, Apple could give you an album.

And you're just like 'oh well, better not resent this freebie'

Am I not allowed to hate the fact that Apple and U2 forced a terrible album (you haven't listened to it, I bet) on me?

Should I be happy they gave this thing I never ever wanted?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 09:39:28 PM »

guys, honestly, who cares
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 09:45:01 PM »

Bubbly Voice Of Reason

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 10:17:55 PM »

You don't care, do you?

Am I not allowed to hate the fact that Apple and U2 forced a terrible album (you haven't listened to it, I bet) on me?

Yes, I don't. Why would I? If I received every year an album for free, it would be amazing! You expand your music library, 1st, & all the same discover new stuff - all for free!

I didn't say you're not allowed to hate it, but the way you present yourself reads like you're a spokesman of the board. There are many Bono/U2 fans who would take exception with your word.

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2014, 10:29:07 PM »

I'm not a U2 fan but I like several of their songs and I'm a big fan of Danger Mouse who produced the album.  I haven't listened to the whole thing but I really like it so far.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2014, 10:36:40 PM »

You don't care, do you?

Yes, I don't. Why would I? If I received every year an album for free, it would be amazing! You expand your music library, 1st, & all the same discover new stuff - all for free!

I didn't say you're not allowed to hate it, but the way you present yourself reads like you're a spokesman of the board.
There are many Bono/U2 fans who would take exception with your word.

This thread is literally 'hypehat reviews the new u2 album', what did you expect. It's a thread which expressly says 'this is one mans opinion on this album'.

Also the general consensus of people who are not me on this thread do not like this album.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 10:50:18 PM »

This thread is literally 'hypehat reviews the new u2 album', what did you expect. It's a thread which expressly says 'this is one mans opinion on this album'.

Also the general consensus of people who are not me on this thread do not like this album.
I get it, but this thread is clearly open for further discussions. At any rate, some fans can chime in with their own opinion on the album/ iTunes politics. What did you expect?

This thread has like what, 5 people who heard the album? If you noticed in another thread, there are quite many fans of U2 & some of them could like their new album.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 12:48:30 AM »

I can see not liking the album, but I don't see the harm in releasing something for free. Don't like it? Don't get it. Why take it personally?

Jeez...this is why I held off on releasing my own music for so long. I thankfully got out of that, but thank God I have a thick skin now. I hate to think what people are going to say about ME, and I know I've given people a lot of ammunition over the years. Probably the nicest thing a non-fan who hates my music could say would be along the lines of 'There goes that liberal bald anti-gun fuckass making that electronic noise again...I HATE that asshole'...and that's being NICE. This is what I have to look forward to -_-

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx