gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680811 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 12:57:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Johnny Carson isn't really a strange song for that time period..  (Read 6204 times)
Summer_Days
Smiley Smile Associate

...and your dream comes true.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 11:49:43 AM »

After almost 40 years, I'm still shaking my head at Brian's arrangements on Love You. Every time I listen to "I'll Bet He's Nice", I find myself thinking, "How did he come up with something like that?" It comes across as a simple song but there's soooooooo much going on in there.

Absolutely agree. The coda is particularly stunning, with that strange interplay between synth meldody and voices.

I know what you mean. For the longest time I never noticed Mike singing "you, my darlin'" to the bass synth line or whatever it is at the end. Then one day, I heard it and was knocked out. Often times there are moments in Brian's songs that I discover for the first time after hundreds of listens. Just how brilliant can one guy be?

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together, in the kind of world where we belong?
http://wildsmiley.weebly.com
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx