-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:21:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Philadelphia mayor throws weight behind decriminalizing marijuana in the city
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Philadelphia mayor throws weight behind decriminalizing marijuana in the city  (Read 2321 times)
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2014, 11:13:19 AM »

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/09/08/nutter-agrees-to-sign-bill-softening-marijuana-laws-in-philadelphia/

It's about time.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 12:25:38 PM »

Awesome.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 12:27:45 PM »

Of course, marijuana is still illegal at the federal level so the communist-in-chief will probably send in more DEA raids...

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 02:12:48 AM »

And a group of world leaders recently got together to declare the "war on drugs" to be a complete fuckin failure and it's time to party (or something along those lines)

I don't know why the fug it took so long for people to realize people will get the drugs and take the drugs they want to take regardless of the prohibition. They take down a dealer or supplier and there's already another one ready to step in.The only thing the war on drugs has accomplished is causing most "synthesized" drugs to be adulterated with things that are generally WORSE for your health than the drug and creating the world's biggest black market.

"Oh, that heroin you're about to put into your veins with the unclean needle you found? Yeah, it's mostly shoe polish. But that's your fault, we don't actually care. We have your money either way, bitchez." - US government

The war on drugs has cost more lives than 9/11 and this millennium's wars in  Iraq, and Afghanistan. When is enough enough?

Just legalize and regulate everything. Create more taxpaying jobs. I guess in a country where the tax paying people will bend over and give you anything you ask for, it makes sense to keep pumping money into programs that have solved no real problems in the world, and has basically just made them worse.

Huh Roll Eyes

No mas, por favor.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 08:46:34 AM »

Just legalize and regulate everything. Create more taxpaying jobs. I guess in a country where the tax paying people will bend over and give you anything you ask for, it makes sense to keep pumping money into programs that have solved no real problems in the world, and has basically just made them worse.

Huh Roll Eyes

Regulate is a sticky term for me.  To a politician that means tax.  We shouldn't invite politicians to any party.  They'll find you eventually anyway... enjoy the holiday before they do.

The whole "legalize it, so they can tax it" argument is junk.  It's even dumber than the "weed makes great rope" brochure passed around on College Campi -- at least there was a shred of truth with that.

This idea spread by a bunch of azzhats liberal Spend-o-Crats, like those California, that legalizing and taxing drugs will solve all their budget problems -- is as junk science as "global" warming.  And as predicted, in Colorado, they're discovering it -- tax revenue is no where near as expected.  Because, I don't know, taxing sh-t makes sh-t cost more?  Even drug users are wise enough to figure this out.  And they're buying their dope, in large numbers, off the street.

So... because it's not bringing in the tax revenue they promised -- what are they going to do?  Raise the taxes?  Fail.  Cancel the "program?"  Double Fail.  Maybe other states won't try it?  Triple Fail.

The goal should always be to be honest.  And to get the government out of our life.  Period.  It's none of their damn bidniss.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:48:08 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: