gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:56:17 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs Or Albums That Eventually Grew On You  (Read 10485 times)
mysticmoon1993
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2014, 04:29:26 PM »

Love You was oddly enough the album that really got me intrigued to hear more Beach Boys. My friends and I would listen to Pet Sounds in high school, but I wasn't captured by it for a long time, aside from God Only Knows, which I couldn't listen to because it would send me into hysterics, as much as I adored it. It took me til last year to really wrap my head around the depth of that album. It took a long time for me to understand it, emotionally and musically.

There are honestly quite a few Beach Boys albums I've yet to hear... I guess I'm kind of savoring them.
Loves The Sunflower
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2014, 03:05:30 AM »

"Pet Sounds".

I was 14 the first time I heard it and I could appreciate the musical sophistication but I just could not relate to the lyrical themes. At all.

Fast forward a year (in which a lot can -and did- happen) to the next time I listened to it -and it was the difference between night and day. It all made perfect sense to me.

Also took me a while to warm up to the albums "Wild Honey" and "Friends" but now I regard them as fantastic components of my favorite BB era (1965-1973).
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2014, 09:11:21 AM »

Beach Boys (85) weirdly grew on me the other night while I was filling out college applications.  Something about how memorable some of the songs are and how I can easily sing along with them.  Granted, it's no where near an artistic venture as Love You was, but it still has that enjoyable synthy feeling to it.

Yeah BB85 weirdly grew on me last week as I was listening while I read.  It actually began to distract me from my reading.
Summer_Days
Smiley Smile Associate

...and your dream comes true.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »

'Kokomo' is growing on me big time as we speak. It's such a lame, catchy, cliché of a song. I'm starting to really, really like it in spite or maybe because of that. Dammit. Smiley

Well, I did like 'Kokomo' a lot when it came out, back when I was like 8 or 9 years old. I wasn't a fan of the group yet, really; 'Kokomo' was hot more than a decade before I discovered Pet Sounds and became a hardcore lifelong Beach Boys fan. I've had trouble with that song since getting into the lesser know high quality side of the band from the late '60s through the '70s. But you know, if I like stuff like 'It's Gettin' Late' and 'It's Just A Matter of Time', then I should like 'Kokomo'. And now I do. A part of me is screaming, why? It's so stupid!! But screw it. I really like 'Kokomo' (particularly Carl's parts on the chorus...just wonderful).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 03:55:59 PM by Summer_Days » Logged

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together, in the kind of world where we belong?
http://wildsmiley.weebly.com
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2014, 11:01:41 PM »

aside from God Only Knows, which I couldn't listen to because it would send me into hysterics
Funny, to me it was the other way 'round. I was incredibly disenchanted by GOK - "so this is a song lotta musicians cited their favorite, the most beautiful ballad? Wow." Now I get what they talked about.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx