-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:08:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  RIP Joan Rivers
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RIP Joan Rivers  (Read 4866 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: September 04, 2014, 12:40:00 PM »

I know she was a 'love her or hate her' personality, but I for one was a big fan and am sorry she is no longer with us. RIP.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 12:57:59 PM »

She was always a bitch, as far as I'm concerned. Sure, it was 'her act' to be a bitch, but there were a lot of times where I felt that she went too far. I'd never go as far as to want someone to kick the bucket, but I can't say that it affects me in the same way as, say, Robin Williams did.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 01:00:39 PM »

Well, she was blunt and honest, regardless of how people felt about her, and i respect that immensely. Real talk, some of the things she said wouldn't have gotten nearly as much attention if she was male.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 01:02:40 PM »

That was out of the blue. RIP Joan.

http://fridaynightboys300.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/joan-rivers-rip.html
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 01:05:56 PM »

Well, she was blunt and honest, regardless of how people felt about her, and i respect that immensely. Real talk, some of the things she said wouldn't have gotten nearly as much attention if she was male.

Real talk? Alright.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 01:30:20 PM »

It's a damn shame.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 01:55:13 PM »

Billy, didn't Brian Wilson go out with her once or twice? I think she interviewed him and was a big fan.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 02:01:23 PM »

Yes, during the 80s at the height of the Landy era madness. As outspoken as she was, I can just imagine her telling Kevin Leslie to take his mullet and use it to wipe Landy's ass, or something along those lines. LOL

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 12:27:55 AM »

1989, to be exact.

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 03:17:05 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr6_SAM1GRQ

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 06:06:47 AM »

Any chance this great link could be "kicked upstairs" to the Board Room?

Thanks!

Here's to that irreverent funny lady, Joan Rivers!  Beer

And why we need martini and wine glasses, and champagne flutes!  Wink
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 07:23:42 AM »

Any chance this great link could be "kicked upstairs" to the Board Room?

Thanks!

Be my guest !   Smiley

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 01:19:05 PM »

My bad, what I meant was to "move the thread."  

That YouTube makes it quite "BB relevant!"

Only a mod can move a thread... Wink

Just a request!  Love
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 06:17:51 PM »

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 06:37:40 PM »

I think, like a lot of people, I just thought of Joan Rivers what "I was supposed to think of her."  You can fill in the blank there.  For me, it simply meant I didn't pay much attention and form my own opinion of the woman.  Later, I started to see her as the trailblazer and flat-out original personality that she was.  And most importantly to me -- the fierce critic she was.

No matter what... Joan gave it to you exactly how she felt.  That's rare.  And as always, that kind of talk is something a lot of people have a tough time with -- which makes people like her, rarer still.

Most people simply tell you what you want to hear.  Or what they think you're "supposed to hear."  And ever since the media and entertainment has been converted into social-political propaganda -- we now get treated to what we're "supposed to say."  Joan Rivers never got the message.  She blew off the company retreat.  And she stuck with herself.

I believe, more people than we've been told, want to hear the truth.  Tell me what you really think.  Tell me how it really is.  I can take it.  That's where human originality blossoms.  Reality.  Even though many "can't take it" there's far more who can and crave it.  Far more than the conniving would like you to believe.

God bless you Joan.  
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 06:44:26 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »

Well said.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: