gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680869 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 08:57:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spend October 6th w/ Brian  (Read 7432 times)
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 07:01:15 PM »

Looks like a credit card promo, allocating some extra seats for a press event. No biggie.
Exactly.  I got the offer from Chase in an email as a cardholder -- totally independent of my BB/BW fan connection.  They recently did another one where for a similar price you got to play a round of golf with a PGA pro.  It's just a promo person at Chase trying to come up with unique experiences for their cardholders.

Lee
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 07:11:32 PM »

It's Club Kokomo, but instead of bud light you get wine and food, and instead of meeting Mike Love you get to meet Brian Wilson PLUS you get to be smug about hearing tracks on the new album before anyone else!

If I had $400 to spend, I'd do it.

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2014, 10:08:53 PM »

I don't have a Chase card! and Cannot get one.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 10:11:40 PM »

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:40:46 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 10:28:01 PM »

It's Club Kokomo, but instead of bud light you get wine and food, and instead of meeting Mike Love you get to meet Brian Wilson PLUS you get to be smug about hearing tracks on the new album before almost anyone else!

If I had $400 to spend, I'd do it.

FTFY

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 11:04:59 PM »

Yeah, I think Brian heard it before all of us.

At least, I would hope!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 12:17:52 AM »

I don't have a Chase card! and Cannot get one.

find someone who has. (Look up!! Smiley  )
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 12:31:19 AM »

What do you want Brian to say? They raised the prices at his deli! Wheatgrass juice is expensive!

You could just hang out at that deli he supposedly goes to everyday and meet Brian for free.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 03:45:12 AM »

What do you want Brian to say? They raised the prices at his deli! Wheatgrass juice is expensive!

You could just hang out at that deli he supposedly goes to everyday and meet Brian for free.

and carry a boom box playing Pet Sounds so Brian will think he's already in Capitol A

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 06:31:15 AM »

I hope everybody criticizing this promotion also criticized “Club Kokomo”, and the C50 “VIP” thing, and so on. They’re all decadent, overpriced items that most of us common folk can’t afford, but it’s clearly just a little extra revenue stream for these guys, who have to put in little effort. The VIP packages have a meet and greet, so there’s a bit more effort there. But they already have to do a soundcheck at the gigs, so they’re not putting extra effort in there (notwithstanding the theoretical “adding rarities” to the soundcheck for the fans).

This new idea isn’t the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard of or anything. How many of us have been able to watch Brian listen to the entire original “Pet Sounds” album? Sure, he might just veg out. Or maybe we could pick up a slightly unique experience. I’ve heard that sometimes Brian really absorbs listening to the old recordings of he and his brothers and band. It also would be cool to hear some tracks from the new album. It goes without saying that it’s something everybody will be able to buy within weeks perhaps. But what’s the alternative? Play track that *won’t* be released? That would be more aggravating for most fans frankly. I for one am often sort of annoyed when I read descriptions of hearing tracks that we will *never* get to hear ourselves.

It certainly would have been preferable to perhaps run a contest and let 90 fans into this event for free as a pure promo event for the new album. But Mike doesn’t let everyone into “Club Kokomo” for free either. They won’t let me into the soundcheck for free at gigs.

Now, what I *would* try to save up money for is a $400 event where you can sit with Mike and listen together with him to “Smile” and “Sweet Insanity.”

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Mark H.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2014, 06:25:29 PM »

Sold out!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2014, 08:20:51 PM »

Sold out!

All but 10 bought by ticket brokers, no doubt

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2014, 11:26:59 AM »

round trip ticket to LA, hotel bill, eats and incidentals .....comes to around 2000 us dollars in my estimate.  Approx the amount it cost to go to London to see SMILE.  If I lived in LA, maybe.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx