gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680716 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 02:17:05 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP David Anderle  (Read 13768 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2014, 09:42:02 PM »

I can imagine...have been there myself. Best wishes to you and your family, Jonathan.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2014, 01:41:17 AM »

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family Jonathan.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2014, 10:31:39 PM »

Sad, sad news. Recent photos did seem to indicate that David was not faring well with his illness. According to sources, he gave it a valiant battle. A man of vision and talent who wasn't afraid to scale mountains.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2014, 09:43:50 AM »

just saw this, been away for awhile.....damn what can one say
r.i.p.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2014, 10:37:19 AM »

Absolutely one of the "heroes" in the history of the Beach Boys, and I'd recommend everyone read through David's bio and credits to understand just how much he was involved in and accomplished beyond the association with Brian and the Beach Boys. It's another case of a man who was directly involved in a lot of productions and behind the scenes work in the music and film business that literally tens of millions of people know and have enjoyed, without realizing who some of the folks involved in making it happen were.

One example: I heard a radio interview show last week where the topic was 80's new-wave music and a book related to that era. A big topic was the John Hughes movies like Breakfast Club and Pretty In Pink, and how popular and influential those soundtracks were and still are as the films have taken on a retro resurgence of sorts with people who were not even born when they were released.

And it turns out David Anderle was responsible for those soundtracks in large part, as an exec producer and music supervisor for those projects. Another case of knowing and growing up with those films, and never connecting David Anderle to them until this week.

He will be missed, again my deepest condolences to his family and friends.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2014, 09:02:39 PM »

Just heard. This is very sad, he seemed like a funny, lovely, heartfelt guy who was a great painter and friend to all. My condolences to Jonathan and his family.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx