gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 05:26:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Significant Others  (Read 6641 times)
John Stivaktas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 09:15:31 PM »

My wife doesn't quite connect with my passion for the complexity in Brian Wilson's music from Today in 1965 until the SMiLE era in 1967, when Brian was using Wrecking Crew musicians in particular. However, I remember doing work at home on the weekend this year and I had Made in California boxset playing in the background. She noted a marked difference in the quality of the music after the SMiLE era songs had finished. I know this (statement) will stir things up on this board among some of you, but to quote the character Jeff Lebowski (or the Dude) from the film the Big Lebowski, "that's, like, her opinion, man!"

"It's more blessed to give than receive"

“For me, making music has always been a very spiritual thing, and I think anybody who produces records has to feel that, at least a little bit. Producing a record . . . the idea of taking a song, envisioning the overall sound in my head and then bringing the arrangement to life in the studio . . . well, that gives me satisfaction like nothing else.”

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 09:49:55 PM »

My wife of 18 years is my partner in crime regarding our BB obsession. Actually, the concerts are the center of our vacations and brief getaways. We usually go "all out" at the shows and take in the restaurants and local attractions of the cities we visit.

Do you know where Mike's right hand is, BHW?  If you get a picture taken with Mr. Love again, you'd better stand next to him as a precaution!     Tongue

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2014, 04:31:16 AM »

My wife doesn't quite connect with my passion for the complexity in Brian Wilson's music from Today in 1965 until the SMiLE era in 1967, when Brian was using Wrecking Crew musicians in particular. However, I remember doing work at home on the weekend this year and I had Made in California boxset playing in the background. She noted a marked difference in the quality of the music after the SMiLE era songs had finished. I know this (statement) will stir things up on this board among some of you, but to quote the character Jeff Lebowski (or the Dude) from the film the Big Lebowski, "that's, like, her opinion, man!"
As in better quality or a different quality?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2014, 07:49:11 AM »

So that makes three wives/girlfriends that love Wild Honey, including mine.  That record really seems to appeal to women in particular.
John Stivaktas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2014, 04:10:03 PM »

As in better quality or a different quality?

A different quality...as in, the standard of the music was much better prior to the SMiLE 1967 era music.

"It's more blessed to give than receive"

“For me, making music has always been a very spiritual thing, and I think anybody who produces records has to feel that, at least a little bit. Producing a record . . . the idea of taking a song, envisioning the overall sound in my head and then bringing the arrangement to life in the studio . . . well, that gives me satisfaction like nothing else.”

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx